A bunch of babies

vatz22au

I am so sick and tired of hearing whining about Cal when we were the ones who got royally screwed.  You know if we were the only ones we wouldn't hear this outcry about the Coaches Poll or about the BCS system.  2 California  :puke: teams got screwed (USC last and Cal this year) and all you hear is whining from the media.  But a team in Alabama gets screwed and you hear "oh well, sorry" and that's it.  Pitiful, just pitiful.

130503[/snapback]

Give me a break...I am now seeing fellow auburn fans say that Cal has no right to cry, or Cal wasnt the one who got screwed more. Well guess what, I think they have a right to cry just as much as us, or even more. Guess where they are going guys? The holiday bowl....ya you heard it, the damn holiday bowl. They dont even get a chance at a bcs bowl. We are going to the damn sugar bowl. As far as I am concerned, you all just need to stop crying about it, and just move on.

I mean fighting over who gets to cry more? Geeze.... Cal has every right to get just as upset as us....but hell we saw this coming like 4 weeks before the final poll came out...and have been crying ever since.

Give cal a break....

The thing that has me PO-ed is that everyone cries over the injustice for Cal, but sweeps Auburn under the rug.

"Poor, pitiful Cal. They didn't get the votes."

"SHUT UP AUBURN AND GET OVER IT."

Why the media love over Cal and not us? Why the media love over USC last year, when we've been EQUALLY screwed this year? Where's the "poor pitiful Auburn" talk.

Reporters are now talking about conspiracy voting and locking in and extra $14M for their conference (and their school) but no one seems to talk about those SAME coaches who voted Auburn to the bottom of the barrell unfairly.

I don't want pity. I want fair treatment from the media.

All I want...is what's coming to me...all I want...is my fair share.

What I really want...Real estate.

Sorry for the Sally on Charlie Brown Christmas reference. My feelings are laid out in the Boo Hoo and Left Coast threads. Cal got jobbed just like us.

So does this thread qualify as you whining about people whining? :huh:

I mean it's not like the person you quoted doesn't have an argument. Cal plays in the Pac-10. Name a single quality win that Cal had this year. I'm not saying Cal is no good. Cal actually handled the Pac-10 better than USC did, besides beating USC of course. But put Cal in the SEC and they lose 3-4 games at least.

Honest question for you Vatz. When's the last time an undefeated, untied, SEC Champion been denied a shot at the national championship game?

Yeah, you got it...

On the one hand, I agree with Vatz.

On the other hand, it's good for us that other teams are getting the shaft as well. The more people who are hacked off at the syster, the better.

Whining seems to be what it is all about. I just don't see a solution short of a playoff and I am not sure we can afford that.

First, the bowl system has been good to the SEC and Auburn. Football funds just about all of other sports at major schools and now has to fund women's sports. A playoff sytem will take money away from the schools and fund the NCAA palaces just like the basketball playoffs do now.

Secondly, can the fans afford it. Div 1-aa schools bid for the playoff games to be played in school stadiums and the ticket costs are not inflated. The bowl game are weeks long community events which are highlited with the game. I guarantee you the UAB players will not resent their trip nor will the Auburn players. Think SECG, how much were the tickets. Sugar Bowl, how much are the tickets and travel expenses. Think BCS+1, how much will the tickets be? Plane fare to ???

I don't see how people afford season tickets to Auburn much less being able to travel with the team through a playoff.

<vent off>

I am so sick and tired of hearing whining about Cal when we were the ones who got royally screwed.  You know if we were the only ones we wouldn't hear this outcry about the Coaches Poll or about the BCS system.  2 California  :puke: teams got screwed (USC last and Cal this year) and all you hear is whining from the media.  But a team in Alabama gets screwed and you hear "oh well, sorry" and that's it.  Pitiful, just pitiful.

130503[/snapback]

Give me a break...I am now seeing fellow auburn fans say that Cal has no right to cry, or Cal wasnt the one who got screwed more. Well guess what, I think they have a right to cry just as much as us, or even more. Guess where they are going guys? The holiday bowl....ya you heard it, the damn holiday bowl. They dont even get a chance at a bcs bowl. We are going to the damn sugar bowl. As far as I am concerned, you all just need to stop crying about it, and just move on.

I mean fighting over who gets to cry more? Geeze.... Cal has every right to get just as upset as us....but hell we saw this coming like 4 weeks before the final poll came out...and have been crying ever since.

Give cal a break....

130526[/snapback]

Vatz, what kind of response do you honestly expect. Its not that I don't feel sorry for them, but geeez, the media has been whining since Saturday about Cal being left out and then turn around and expect us to just accept the fact that we have no chance at the National Title. Sorry, I don't like the blatent media bias.

The thing that has me PO-ed is that everyone cries over the injustice for Cal, but sweeps Auburn under the rug.

"Poor, pitiful Cal.  They didn't get the votes."

"SHUT UP AUBURN AND GET OVER IT."

Why the media love over Cal and not us?  Why the media love over USC last year, when we've been EQUALLY screwed this year?  Where's the "poor pitiful Auburn" talk.

Reporters are now talking about conspiracy voting and locking in and extra $14M for their conference (and their school) but no one seems to talk about those SAME coaches who voted Auburn to the bottom of the barrell unfairly.

I don't want pity.  I want fair treatment from the media.

130533[/snapback]

This is exactly my stance and point I was trying to get across in my Cal boo hoo thread. They did get screwed, whoever can't admit that has problems. However, they are simply masking the bigger problem. I bet if they force the coaches to realease their polls, there will be some even clearer discrepancies against our favor.

My stance on the whole "we got screwed" thing is this: Yes, we got screwed by the BCS system and that really sucks. However, say we started the year ranked #1 or #2 and won all our games and got left out of the Orange Bowl. If that were the case I think everyone would be even more irate. It all comes down to preseason rankings and voters wanting to justify their preseason rankings by comtinuing to vote USC and OU #1 and #2.

Archived