Congrats on the Victory

CajunLSUBayou

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were ok until you made that last statement. Corndog.

Sometimes, me included, we are a bit uptight. I think Cajun was just leaving with good natured jab.

Sometimes, me included, we are a bit uptight. I think Cajun was just leaving with good natured jab.

Nothing good natured about it. You're absolutely blind if you couldn't see the disrespect intended there.

Had this been the lone time he took a jab, I would agree with you. His short history here tells a different story.

HA! I'm just glad you came back. I never expected the dude to have the class to just say "good game" and move on. That was never his tone all week. I didn't expect a change in the end.

I think he's still delusional about his team. You don't have a QB. Your RBs and OL, at this point, don't look special. They're fine. They're not great. You have one quality WR and a bunch of young potential. On the DL, you don't have a single game changer. Hunter will be good (if his ankles recover from the dirty Marshall put on him). Your LBs are over-matched physically (Welter) or mentally (Beckwith). Your secondary couldn't make plays on the ball in the air. That's a calling card for LSU over the last 10 years, and this year, you don't have it. That's not a very good team. You may beat UF and UK. You won't beat Ole Miss (too good defensively to let you off the mat). You won't be Bama (too good offensively to keep pace). That leaves Arkansas and A&M as must wins to be 4-4 in conference. That's your season.

The funniest thing about your opinion all week was the Harris/Marshall comparisons. Brandon Harris has talent, but his ceiling is Nick Marshall. If he is a raging success at LSU, he will become Nick Marshall. That's his ceiling. He's nowhere near that level right now. Nick Marshall is worlds better at this point, but you thought is a "slight edge" to Auburn. Again, if Brandon Harris hits his physical and mental ceiling, you'll have Nick Marshall. As it stands, you don't have a QB you can win SEC West games with.

Perhaps you could take us on a point by point explanation of how you failed. Were you accurate on even one of these?:

1. Brandon Harris - Harris just has the it factor. It was evident when he played in the 4th quarter against Mississippi St, and it was evident when he led the team to 7 touchdowns in 7 drives against New Mexico St. He has a great arm and great speed/agility.

2. Chavis versus Malzahn - Chavis has held Malzahn offenses in check. While Gus was either the head coach or offensive coordinator at Auburn, Auburn has scored 10, 24, 10, and 21 against LSU. That is an average of 16.25 which is obviously much less than Malzahn's average points a Auburn.

3. Les Miles against Auburn - Miles is 7-2 against Auburn and seems to always have something special in the gameplan against you guys like the Keiland Williams td pass a few years ago.

4. Kwon Alexander - Kwon will be playing in his home state. He has been the brightest spot on the defense this year and will be all over the field on Saturday.

5. Cornerback on Receiver Matchups - Auburn has 2 very good wide receivers, but LSU has 2 shutdown corners in Robinson and White. All 4 of these players will be in the NFL one day. LSU is one of the only teams that can negate these 2 guys.

6. LSU's RB Quartet - Fournette gets all the hype, but Hillaird, Magee and Williams are no slouches. Williams has been a pleasant surprise as a freshman. Hillaird and Magee are vets that can hurt you in a variety of ways.

7. Auburn's route tree - I watched Auburn's entire game against Kansas St. It seems the only routes in the playbook are fly, hitch and button hook. LSU will be prepared based on the film and will get a couple interceptions.

8. LSU's young wide receivers - You may not be too familiar with the names unless you follow recruiting. Dural is a major deep threat with top end speed. Diarse is a monster after the catch. Quinn is a precise route runner in the slot. Dupree is an all around receiver with great leaping ability.

9. LSU's athletic defense ends - Teams that struggle with the zone read have unathletic defensive ends. Rasco and Hunter have elite speed at that position and will give Marshall trouble when trying to get the edge.

10. Special Teams - Fournette has come very close a few times to breaking a kickoff return. Jamie Keehn is a great punter. Delahousaye is automatic on field goals. Cameron Gamble can boot it out the endzone everytime on kickoffs.

Why not:

1. Harris was terrible. Stage was way too big. Didn't expect that

2. I don't know if it was scheme as much as execution. We are terrible against QB draws. That part is scheme. Our DT actually played a little better than expected, but were tired from being on the field way too long. I agreed with the single coverage deep. We had some good coverage, but Coates made some nice plays.

3. Miles is now 7-3 against Auburn

4. Kwon had his most quiet game of the season

5. See #2

6. Running backs ran really well on first down. We got behind and had to change things up. I would've liked to see more Fournette and Williams and less Magee/Hillaird.

7. Auburn did nothing special with their routes. We just had some blown coverages and they had some nice catches.

8. Our receivers played well. The ball was just about 15 yards over or underthrown most of the time.

9. Hunter played well. Rasco is serviceable. This wasn't a major issue. I did see Tashawn Bower lose contain a couple times.

10. This wasn't really an issue either way.

#1 agree

#2 I have nothing but respect for Chavis. With that being said, time will tell how this match-up works out. Athletes and experience make any coach look like an all star.

#3 See point #2 concerning athletes and experience.

#4 Auburn muted Kwon period. (just watched replay)

#5 Auburns receivers were better than LSU's corners. Most of our long passes were well covered and the better man one.

#6 Credit goes to both Auburn's defensive line and lack of execution on LSU's part. I found no fault in the running backs.

#7 The main routes in Auburn's playbook are "fly, hitch and button hook". See point #5 to see why watching film and preparation does not always stop the "fly, hitch and button hook".

#8 mute point. QB was horrible and secondary covered well. Never really got to see anything from the receivers.

#9 One of your ends probably has a sprained ankle because of Nick Marshall. After watching the replay I will concede that LSU has some good ends considering they are having to compensate for inadequate D tackle play.

#10 Slight advantage in this game goes to Auburn but I agree neither impacted the game. LSU showed a lot of speed and discipline keeping Quan Brey in check. Punting to Quan 3 times but only giving up 15 yards is a win for anybody.

What is a "mute point"?

HA! I'm just glad you came back. I never expected the dude to have the class to just say "good game" and move on. That was never his tone all week. I didn't expect a change in the end.

I think he's still delusional about his team. You don't have a QB. Your RBs and OL, at this point, don't look special. They're fine. They're not great. You have one quality WR and a bunch of young potential. On the DL, you don't have a single game changer. Hunter will be good (if his ankles recover from the dirty Marshall put on him). Your LBs are over-matched physically (Welter) or mentally (Beckwith). Your secondary couldn't make plays on the ball in the air. That's a calling card for LSU over the last 10 years, and this year, you don't have it. That's not a very good team. You may beat UF and UK. You won't beat Ole Miss (too good defensively to let you off the mat). You won't be Bama (too good offensively to keep pace). That leaves Arkansas and A&M as must wins to be 4-4 in conference. That's your season.

The funniest thing about your opinion all week was the Harris/Marshall comparisons. Brandon Harris has talent, but his ceiling is Nick Marshall. If he is a raging success at LSU, he will become Nick Marshall. That's his ceiling. He's nowhere near that level right now. Nick Marshall is worlds better at this point, but you thought is a "slight edge" to Auburn. Again, if Brandon Harris hits his physical and mental ceiling, you'll have Nick Marshall. As it stands, you don't have a QB you can win SEC West games with.

This isn't a very good team right now, but there is potential all over the field. The main problem on defense is our defensive tackles and mlb. Welter looks like he got benched.

Our secondary is young and talented and had good coverage early on. They just got beat in 1 on 1 matchups against more physical receivers.

Our o-line was thought to be special, but isn't. Our running backs can be special but are forced to run against 8-9 man fronts in the i formation. Jeremy Hill was great at this, but these guys aren't. I can't believe we ran so much i formation when it hasn't worked all year. I will say this was easily the most success we have had running on first down in it.

I really thought we would come out in 3-4 wr formations and run some zone read, short passes to get Harris going. We didn't for some reason. Poor gameplan. This looks like a 7-5 team to me.

Next offseason will require a change of scheme offensively and some defensive players to mature. We have had issues with jr's leaving early, but there aren't many on this team good enough to do it. Hunter looks like a pro and Kwon may be one. Mills, Hawkins and Vadal Alexander would all be making a mistake.

Also, Harris has a much better arm than Marshall. He can make any throw. Hard to compare a senior to a true freshman making his first start. Harris will be a stud by the time he leaves here.

I remember Jamarcus having some terrible games his redshirt freshman year.

And the whole "Chavis has Gus' number" thing was always silly. I love Chief. He's great, but we rolled his defense in 2010. We put up 350 yards and nearly 28 points in the second half of 2013. We put up 365 yards and 31 points in the first half of this game. I think we can put the "Chief has his number!" nonsense to bed. When Chief has better players (2009, 2011, 2012), he wears us out. Otherwise, we've had a good deal of success. The "secret" last year was us turning the ball over 4 times with 2 more turnovers on downs. Like I said leading up to the game, you won't get bailed out like that again.

And the whole "Chavis has Gus' number" thing was always silly. I love Chief. He's great, but we rolled his defense in 2010. We put up 350 yards and nearly 28 points in the second half of 2013. We put up 365 yards and 31 points in the first half of this game. I think we can put the "Chief has his number!" nonsense to bed. When Chief has better players (2009, 2011, 2012), he wears us out. Otherwise, we've had a good deal of success. The "secret" last year was us turning the ball over 4 times with 2 more turnovers on downs. Like I said leading up to the game, you won't get bailed out like that again.

I would give Chief credit for his defense forcing turnovers and stopping Auburn on 4th downs. Didn't happen this year though.

Right. So you gave our defense for the early fumbled snap, right? We had unforced turnovers last year. I hope you go on believing you defensive coordinator just has our number. Facts and stats be damned.

Right. So you gave our defense for the early fumbled snap, right? We had unforced turnovers last year. I hope you go on believing you defensive coordinator just has our number. Facts and stats be damned.

I said that it obviously wasn't the case this year. Just saying you need to be fair and give credit for forced turnovers and 4th down stops. Chavis was definitely out-schemed this year.

Just helping you when trying to be objective and see the whole picture.

Chavis has handled Malzahn better than most coaches for sure. We will see next year if it was just a one year thing with a veteran offense versus a young defense, or if it is a trend going forward.

After the merger, it bothered me a little that AUF allows rival posters, but I've come to appreciate it, as an attribute that sets us apart. In spite of the subtle jabs in the OP, it appears our guest has gotten a little better about minding his manners, all things considered. Assuming that's the case, don't be a stranger, Cajun. You guys will be OK with a little more experience.

Kick this pos out of here.

LSU fan congratulates Auburn on winning the game = Auburn fan wanting to kick LSU fan off the board

Interesting

Man, it must still really hurt getting embarrassed like that! Get accustomed to it, this will be, by no way, your last embarrassing game. By the way, great coaching and clock management by the LSU staff!

I mean start a true freshmen on the road in the SEC, then leave him alone on the sidelines with zero coaching, zero teaching or training! Really a wise move by Les. Almost as bright, as his end of the first half clock management!!

I suggest you may want to go find a Gator message board and put up your 10 reasons you beat the Gators this week.

That is exactly where he needs to go. Just get out of our face!

Very classy lsu fan... just can't help yourself can you. Got to be a smart ass

I think it's the inbreeding. :bananadance: Couldn't resist since he brought it up.

1. Brandon Harris - Harris just has the it factor. It was evident when he played in the 4th quarter against Mississippi St, and it was evident when he led the team to 7 touchdowns in 7 drives against New Mexico St. He has a great arm and great speed/agility.

Harris looks athletic. That's about it. No "it" factor was evident Saturday night at all.

2. Chavis versus Malzahn - Chavis has held Malzahn offenses in check. While Gus was either the head coach or offensive coordinator at Auburn, Auburn has scored 10, 24, 10, and 21 against LSU. That is an average of 16.25 which is obviously much less than Malzahn's average points a Auburn.

Chavis' defense looked befuddled most of the night. We could have named the score. As someone else said, Chavis has done very well against Gus when he has significantly better talent. When Auburn's talent is comparable, not so much.

3. Les Miles against Auburn - Miles is 7-2 against Auburn and seems to always have something special in the gameplan against you guys like the Keiland Williams td pass a few years ago.

I saw nothing special at all. That gameplan looked like it was pulled from the 1950s.

4. Kwon Alexander - Kwon will be playing in his home state. He has been the brightest spot on the defense this year and will be all over the field on Saturday.

He was all over the field because he looked lost about half the snaps.

5. Cornerback on Receiver Matchups - Auburn has 2 very good wide receivers, but LSU has 2 shutdown corners in Robinson and White. All 4 of these players will be in the NFL one day. LSU is one of the only teams that can negate these 2 guys.

Your secondary got burned time and again. You negated nothing.

6. LSU's RB Quartet - Fournette gets all the hype, but Hillaird, Magee and Williams are no slouches. Williams has been a pleasant surprise as a freshman. Hillaird and Magee are vets that can hurt you in a variety of ways.

You had 138 yds rushing overall (3.8 per carry). The backs listed above accounted for just 100 of that (also 3.8 per carry). The longest run any of them had was 14 yards. This quartet was off key.

7. Auburn's route tree - I watched Auburn's entire game against Kansas St. It seems the only routes in the playbook are fly, hitch and button hook. LSU will be prepared based on the film and will get a couple interceptions.

Well, there's skinny post, drag route (see Uzomah's TD catch) and corner, all of which got you at some point during the game. Your film study failed.

8. LSU's young wide receivers - You may not be too familiar with the names unless you follow recruiting. Dural is a major deep threat with top end speed. Diarse is a monster after the catch. Quinn is a precise route runner in the slot. Dupree is an all around receiver with great leaping ability.

None of your WRs had more than 2 catches. I'll put most of the blame on your QBs but at the same time, part of the problem was how many times the QB had to scramble due to coverage being so tight. Another fail.

9. LSU's athletic defense ends - Teams that struggle with the zone read have unathletic defensive ends. Rasco and Hunter have elite speed at that position and will give Marshall trouble when trying to get the edge.

Marshall had his best game of the season, rushing for a season high 119 yds. Had we kept the gas down he could have cracked 200.

10. Special Teams - Fournette has come very close a few times to breaking a kickoff return. Jamie Keehn is a great punter. Delahousaye is automatic on field goals. Cameron Gamble can boot it out the endzone everytime on kickoffs.

Non factor.

I do think LSU will be a force again next year or the year after. But with that said, after reading the so called 'congrats' in the OP, it seems to me that at least one LSU fan has some bammer in him and is butt-hurt about getting trounced 41-7.

I think it's the inbreeding. :bananadance: Couldn't resist since he brought it up.

Once again, someone from Alabama mocking Louisiana is pretty humorous.

I think it's the inbreeding. :bananadance:/> Couldn't resist since he brought it up.

Once again, someone from Alabama mocking Louisiana is pretty humorous.

We're mocking your fanbase, not the entire state.

And again, this is the treatment you have earned.

Don't feel alone Cajun....we give our resident bammer the same treatment when he pops off running his mouth too.

Archived