2016 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (AU commit 12/17/15)

ellitor

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dixie, meet Xanax, Xanax, Dixie

I don't think Dixie is the one that needs Xanax. His post is pretty much spot-on.

I can remember times where you as a " grown man" complained about the pointless bumps yourself. Maybe you should pick a side and stay there.

Bumps by typing "bump" is a different thing. I'm against that and with Dixie on this. The fact that you aren't able tell the difference doesn't surprise me at all.

Dixie, meet Xanax, Xanax, Dixie

I don't think Dixie is the one that needs Xanax. His post is pretty much spot-on.

I can remember times where you as a " grown man" complained about the pointless bumps yourself. Maybe you should pick a side and stay there.

Bumps by typing "bump" is a different thing. I'm against that and with Dixie on this. The fact that you aren't able tell the difference doesn't surprise me at all.

You didn't qualify your statement the first time, clown. I remember you saying "don't bump it unless..." and just in case you didn't know, you can bump an old post in more ways than typing "bump."

"We really need this guy" is just "Bump" with more words. Doing it on 5 consecutive threads makes the site less fun to visit. Maybe that's a minor annoyance that we should just put up with, but an annoyance it is.

"We really need this guy" is just "Bump" with more words. Doing it on 5 consecutive threads makes the site less fun to visit. Maybe that's a minor annoyance that we should just put up with, but an annoyance it is.

It's not a minor annoyance. Many of us work full time, have families to support, and come to this site (and others as well) to get a "quick" update on AU recruiting. When I see 10 threads with new information I get excited, thinking some good Auburn news is on the way. But when I read "I hope we get this guy" and "He will look good in orange and blue", it wastes my time (and others as well).

It's not a minor annoyance. Many of us work full time, have families to support, and come to this site (and others as well) to get a "quick" update on AU recruiting. When I see 10 threads with new information I get excited, thinking some good Auburn news is on the way. But when I read "I hope we get this guy" and "He will look good in orange and blue", it wastes my time (and others as well).

I feel this way as well.

I feel this way as well.

Yep.

I feel this way as well.

Yep.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it is very annoying and the reason is self-explanatory. But I've noticed that even self explanatory things have to be explained on this board at times, so here goes:

It is fine to bump a thread or two with worthless information or posts, but five or more is pushing it, especially for big recruits where you think there's something new to learn, only to find that not only is there nothing new to learn, but you get old info that everybody knows like, "this guy will look great in orange in blue!" Don't bump a thread that hasn't been touched in weeks to tell us that. And don't act like you are under attack and that you've suddenly lost your faith in Auburn fans when posters politely point this out to you, because that's just sad and even more annoying.

But to keep up with the intent of this thread:

I really really really hope we get this guy, because he would look great in orange and blue and he could contribute from day one

That is why I like the idea of having a thread that has in the headline "official news" xyz recruit and a separate thread that has discussion about that recruit as there are many posts in these threads (kind of like this one) that has nothing to do with the recruit but we all click on it thinking something new or noteworthy has happened.

I was just totally unaware that there were so many unwritten rules to posting here; I thought most of us on here were all going for the same team AUBURN so I thought this was a place to share opinions and ideas because before joining when I read that's all that I saw was great opinions from other's on whatever topic; everything that people posted was not facts and valuable information..

WAR EAGLE still I guess!!

I'm not one of the regular posters but I am a regular visitor. I'm fine with what you're doing as long as you don't become another A4E. There's only room for one guy like that on this board and most would say he/she already occupies too much space as it is.

Are you even serious? What we have too much of is people who spout off about a certain member as if you 1) have any say-so as to who can post/how often 2) know anything about them and/or what they may be forced to overcome on a daily basis. Not once has he ever been critical of another poster that I have seen. (Just Ellis Johnson ;D/> )

I would much rather read a post from them, than from a grown man crying due to having to scroll past a few posts.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for this. If anyone here has actually paid attention to some of his posts that let in a glimpse of his real life, they'd stop giving him a hard time. He is also one of the most respectful posters on here when it comes to responding to others. We could all take a lesson. Pisses me off to no end when people attack him for no reason.

Now please get back on topic!

What is the latest on Jackson? Haven't caught any updates in the pages of bickering...

Is he coming this weekend?

b Yes. He visited Ohio State last weekend is visiting auburn this weekend and is expected to make a decision within the next couple of weeks. With this being a tossup it is definitely a good sign that we get the last visit.

b Yes. He visited Ohio State last weekend is visiting auburn this weekend and is expected to make a decision within the next couple of weeks. With this being a tossup it is definitely a good sign that we get the last visit.

I think so too. Plus we are closer to home. Most kids want their parents and friends to see them play.

No, Antwuan Jackson is visiting Florida for the UF-FSU game. Yet another reason to fire Rodney Garner

Garner is supposed to handcuff the guy and drag him to Auburn? What do you suggest he do?

No, Antwuan Jackson is visiting Florida for the UF-FSU game. Yet another reason to fire Rodney Garner

Garner is supposed to handcuff the guy and drag him to Auburn? What do you suggest he do?

Sounds like a plan to me, ha ha. I am ok with him not coming this weekend and possibly coming another.

No, Garner was supposed to lock him up long before now. Garner has supposedly been on this guy for 3 years. He's our most important recruit and he's going to Florida on our biggest recruiting weekend.

No, Garner was supposed to lock him up long before now. Garner has supposedly been on this guy for 3 years. He's our most important recruit and he's going to Florida on our biggest recruiting weekend.

He's our most important recruit? I'd hate for a guy whose making the most important decision of his life to make the wrong decision because he didn't weigh his options and rushed it.

Heard it was disappointing....:)

Jackson, while an excellent prospect, is a long, long way from our most important recruit. There's a pretty good chance that he goes to UF and sees that Auburn is a better fit for him. If he hasn't figured out what Auburn is all about by now he probably never would anyway.

I don't see how the kid going to see a different place is anything to get upset about. S. Coleman spent the Saturday night before signing day eating dinner at Saban's house in Tuscaloser. So what? He signed with Auburn.

Jackson, while an excellent prospect, is a long, long way from our most important recruit. There's a pretty good chance that he goes to UF and sees that Auburn is a better fit for him. If he hasn't figured out what Auburn is all about by now he probably never would anyway.

I don't see how the kid going to see a different place is anything to get upset about. S. Coleman spent the Saturday night before signing day eating dinner at Saban's house in Tuscaloser. So what? He signed with Auburn.

Coleman probably figured Nick's wife was the better cook....none the less, it's comforting to have our top recruits in AU on a big day than off somewhere else.

Heard it was disappointing....:)/>

YEAH, 247 gave me bad info. :/ They are usually good about that.

I would say that given how our roster looks next year that any elite DT would be our most important recruit which is either Jackson and/or Derrick Brown.

Archived