2016 4* DT Antwuan Jackson (AU commit 12/17/15)

ellitor

Does everyone really believe that Rocker is winning these guys over or is it Jeremy Pruitt? I was worried that when UGA hired Pruitt that they would lock down the state. But most people seem to think that it's Rocker. What say you?

Both.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do y'all seriously think Will Muschamp won't bring outstanding talent to Auburn? Of course our board looks different than it did last year. ..we have a new defensive staff with new relationships and new priorities.

As Aaron Rodgers would say, R-E-L-A-X.

Do y'all seriously think Will Muschamp won't bring outstanding talent to Auburn? Of course our board looks different than it did last year. ..we have a new defensive staff with new relationships and new priorities.

I'm totallt relaxed. I have full confidence in the staff because what I hear are good things. Still worry a little at times because I know our class should look better then this.

Does everyone really believe that Rocker is winning these guys over or is it Jeremy Pruitt? I was worried that when UGA hired Pruitt that they would lock down the state. But most people seem to think that it's Rocker. What say you?

Pruitt is doing the heavily lifting on Most UGA targets. He's been a great recruiter all his coaching life.

He might but as things stand now it does not look like much will come from the DL talent rich Georgia. That's likely we have offered out-of-SEC region DLs lately.

I know our class should look better then this.

IMO it's too early to feel that way. For example Bama has only 1 more commit that us. Let's get some commits then see how they look.

Actually Garner has been here for a couple of years. Also since he came here from Georgia it just seems like we should be holding our own with those DL recruits from Georgia. That is the position he coaches and also his recruiting area. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good coach. I just think he's in a bad position because he's being outshined by a great coach.

Folks,

We traditionally start slow in recruiting and come on strong toward the end of the recruiting season.

Last year was actually the first year we did better earlier. for the past few years, we have always been down toward the beginning and land a top 10 class in the end. I do not see this year being any different.

Success on the field will lead to success in recruiting. If our Defense really improves this year (and I really expect it to), this will translate into flips and getting the recruits we need.

Remember how we were going to get everyone we wanted on D in the 'package deal' right before the last signing day? Well, we got some of what we wanted. Maybe UGA signs all these guys. But I think it's unlikely. What's certain is the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth from the Auburn faithful.

Lucky for us, UGA can't "lock down the state". They can only sign 25. We are a normal "holla' back" school for UGA's overflow.

Every now and then we get a Takieo Spikes, Carl Lawson and so forth but by and large UGA will pick what they want and let everybody else fight over the leftovers. Sad but true.

The good news is that the DullDawgs don't get their money's worth out of those players. A Sports Illustrated article a couple of years ago listed UGA as having the number 1 recruiting nationally over a ten year period. I think they got one SEC championship out of all those great players.

People also need to realize that even though they say they want to play together, these kids are used to being the BMOC. When it comes down to PT they much rather go to a school that they don't have to compete against another dominant player at their position. UGA might sign 2 or maybe even 3 of these DL, but they won't sign all of them.

People also need to realize that even though they say they want to play together, these kids are used to being the BMOC. When it comes down to PT they much rather go to a school that they don't have to compete against another dominant player at their position. UGA might sign 2 or maybe even 3 of these DL, but they won't sign all of them.

Yep.

UGA might sign 2 or maybe even 3 of these DL, but they won't sign all of them.

They are saying they will sign up to 5 DTs in this class but I'm like you, They won't get more than 3. At least 1, hopefully 2, will sign w/ AU to fill out our 3 DTs foir the class.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought Antwuan might surprise some people and commit this weekend .. he and Clayton have to be the priority in the class right now. Getting Cowart last year was awesome but AU is not in on a "Cowart-type" player this year at that position IMO ..

I thought Antwuan might surprise some people and commit this weekend .. he and Clayton have to be the priority in the class right now. Getting Cowart last year was awesome but AU is not in on a "Cowart-type" player this year at that position IMO ..

You're right I am a priority.

We weren't on a Cowart type player this time last year. And FWIW when rankings are all said & done Tony has the makings of being a concensus Top 100 overall national recruit. Not worried about DE right now.

AU

Hope you are right. On the good side, I feel like at 6-2, 250 I might can walk on next season with the dine depth we will have.

AU

Hope you are right. On the good side, I feel like at 6-2, 250 I might can walk on next season with the dine depth we will have.

For now.

AU

Depends on how much you bench press.

AU

Depends on how much you bench press.

He would press the bench when he sits on it all the time... :muscles:

Archived