Roc

TexasTiger

I wonder if Barber will now see some time?

I was wondering the same thing. I have been surprised he hasn't played more than he has. I know he came in for some mop up duty earlier in the year (the SJS game I think). Not sure if it is an issue with blocking assignments or what's keeping him out, but I thought he might have been an option last night when Roc went out.

Is think vs aTm that'd be more likely. Dunno why CG has been edged out by RL, but maybe more of him too?

If it's a high ankle sprain he's likely done for the season. Obviously, whoever gets the job of spelling CAP is below Roc on the coach's chart so this is not a good thing with UGA and UAT coming up.

Is think vs aTm that'd be more likely. Dunno why CG has been edged out by RL, but maybe more of him too?

I'm a big fan of Grant's but he wouldn't turn upfield on several plays and try for yards.

I'm a big fan of Grant's but he wouldn't turn upfield on several plays and try for yards.

Didn't bust it like he normally does. Slowed down and let the defense corner him multiple times. I'm all for barber getting a shot now.

One thing I missed seeing last night was not having ROC, CAP and Grant on the field at the same time, we did it v. SC and it seemed to cause a major nightmare for them…(Who is getting the ball?)...

We will know more Monday. Don't bet yet that he's out for the year. Time and re-exam with imaging help determine "high" versus "low". We will root for low ankle sprain. He will have some more time early week to see what shakes out.

What is CG's deal ? As of late, he's been reluctant to flat out hit it, and instead is trying to poke and prod his way through the D. If he's not gonna punch it, then yeah, I'm all for Peyton Barber getting more carries.

Corey Grant doesnt have running back skills. He's a track star. He runs really fast in a straight line. He runs straight sideways, waiting for a hole to appear until he runs out of bounds.

They aren't likely to give Grant a real chance this deep in the season, and for some reason Barber hasn't gotten a single chance

But when he does get his chance, were all gonna be wondering what took so long?

Does anyone know what the 40 yard time is for CAP, CG, and PB? I would love to see them.

Hopefully we can let Roc recover and will not need him against TA&M. Would love to see enough of a lead that the second half is just Grant and Barber in running back, with JJ handing them the ball in the 4th.

They aren't likely to give Grant a real chance this deep in the season, and for some reason Barber hasn't gotten a single chance

But when he does get his chance, were all gonna be wondering what took so long?

There's no telling. There have been plenty of backup RBs that have taken over permanent starting duties once given a chance on game day. There have also been plenty that aren't heard of again. I'm inclined to trust this coaching staff's talent assessment but your posts wouldn't suggest the same amount of trust. Are you trolling, just contrary or generally confused?

This. He doesn't look healthy to me. Just not the same CG. Hope he kicks it up a notch against TAMU.

Corey Grant doesnt have running back skills. He's a track star. He runs really fast in a straight line. He runs straight sideways, waiting for a hole to appear until he runs out of bounds.

Been saying this.

Archived