Neal McCready's Comments ...

RunInRed

Here we go again:

1. AU lead UGA by 20 in the 4th Qtr. It was UGA that was lucky (with help form the officials) to get back in the game.

2. AU and UAT were tied, that's tied, just before the kick-six. No kick-six and we go into overtime, AU with momentum!

3. If Treadwell scores there is 1:30 left on the clock for Gus, Nick and our "O". Did Ole Ms stop AU at all in the 2nd half? Not much.

One can call Gus allot of things but classless is certainly not one of them!

Was AU lucky that Ole Ms gave up over 500 yards on their own field? Again, if Treadwell scores it would have been closer to 600 yards of O relinquished by their alleged outstanding D.! Was AU lucky when they were flagged for 145 yards in penalties? Was AU lucky when Nick short armed the "play action pass" to Corey that gave Ole Ms another shot?

You lost to a better team on your own field; you are a beat writer that needs to learn how to win and lose....... get over it!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completing a 70+ yard pass that bounces off of two defenders into our receivers hands on 4th and 18 is lucky regardless what happened before or after the play. There's no shame in admitting that. Luck is a part of the game no matter the sport.

Completing a 70+ yard pass that bounces off of two defenders into our receivers hands on 4th and 18 is lucky regardless what happened before or after the play. There's no shame in admitting that. Luck is a part of the game no matter the sport.

There is a difference, however, in saying that there was a lucky play and saying that we won the game because of luck.

There is a difference, however, in saying that there was a lucky play and saying that we won the game because of luck.

They forget how we never should have been in that spot and even after that play the defense had to make the stop on UGA to seal the win.

Luck had nothing to do with it. The uga defenders made a bad play on the ball. Calling that lucky would be akin to saying OM was lucky to have scored after one of the Auburn personal fouls for a late hit OOBs. When that wouldn't be the result of luck but the result of a stupid play by an Auburn guy.

Luck is having a last second fg hit the crossbar and go over for the win rather than back onto the field of play.

The only game we were lucky is Georgia last season.

I'll give you that Ricardo Louis got a very fortunate deflection on one play. The rest of the game was a hard fought battle by both sides of the ball.

That was a lucky play, had it not been for that lucky play we would not have won.

That was a lucky play, had it not been for that lucky play we would not have won.

I would say if Auburn had not been up by 20 in the 4th quarter we would not have won and, if Dee Ford doesn't make the play on Murray in the end we would not have won but we were;leading by 20 and Dee Ford did make the play and Auburn won the game. Its never about one play my friend.

I really don't think the devil would be that powerful against a team that is committed to prayer on and off the field...I'd rather give credit to the team, its prep, its skill, the chemistry, the coaching/mentoring, the fans (most of the time!) who pray them up and support them in countless ways...and for sure, to the One Who does the gifting in the first place...

:jossun:

Auburn IS lucky. Auburn is lucky to have one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Auburn is lucky to have one of the richest histories and traditions in all of college football. Auburn is lucky to have one of the best gameday experiences available. Auburn is lucky to have some of the coolest uniforms in sport. Auburn is lucky to be a member of the SEC. Auburn is lucky to be in the best division of the SEC. Auburn is lucky to play one of the toughest, most challenging schedules year after year and to almost always come out winning more than losing. Auburn is lucky to be relevant in the modern world of college athletics. Auburn is lucky to have hired Coach Malzahn and perhaps even luckier to stay out of his way and let him run the football team. Auburn is lucky that they actually do practice every week. Auburn is lucky that they have good (and even great) football players. Auburn is lucky that they put forth effort each and every game. I'm sure I could go on forever....

Bottom line to "the AU haters"... Dang skippy Auburn is lucky. ...and don't you wish YOUR luck was a good as Auburn's??

:wareagle:

when mccready was here in mobile, i really liked him, he was fair and honest he gave the bammers a really hard time. he got kudos for keeping them in their place. i dont understand what would cause him to say that other than he allowed the emotional fan come out in him

Auburn IS lucky. Auburn is lucky to have one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Auburn is lucky to have one of the richest histories and traditions in all of college football. Auburn is lucky to have one of the best gameday experiences available. Auburn is lucky to have some of the coolest uniforms in sport. Auburn is lucky to be a member of the SEC. Auburn is lucky to be in the best division of the SEC. Auburn is lucky to play one of the toughest, most challenging schedules year after year and to almost always come out winning more than losing. Auburn is lucky to be relevant in the modern world of college athletics. Auburn is lucky to have hired Coach Malzahn and perhaps even luckier to stay out of his way and let him run the football team. Auburn is lucky that they actually do practice every week. Auburn is lucky that they have good (and even great) football players. Auburn is lucky that they put forth effort each and every game. I'm sure I could go on forever....

Bottom line to "the AU haters"... Dang skippy Auburn is lucky. ...and don't you wish YOUR luck was a good as Auburn's??

:wareagle:

applause.gif?w=460

Yea, we know Ole Miss thought this was theYear.... and the other 100 were too....

We were not lucky in our Loss to FSU.. Everyone seems to forget about that.

Actually FSU was lucky, if anything, when two AU defenders knocked each other off of the WR freeing him to run forever down the sideline.

Actually FSU was lucky, if anything, when two AU defenders knocked each other off of the WR freeing him to run forever down the sideline.

It shouldn't have ever come to that play anyway

It shouldn't have ever come to that play anyway

True!

we would have been lucky for him to have went all the way so we had maybe a minute to score. no such luck.

Dear Neal

Your player kicked an Alabama receiver while he was on the ground with a broken leg

Your coach yakked about "coaches leading men" at his press conference

You did not ask him any questions and he never mentioned Kenyon Drake

You pompous condescending second rate excuse for a sports reporter

http://www.sbnation....n-drake-alabama

http://www.clarionle...10/04/16745355/

Little doc

I would say if Auburn had not been up by 20 in the 4th quarter we would not have won and, if Dee Ford doesn't make the play on Murray in the end we would not have won but we were;leading by 20 and Dee Ford did make the play and Auburn won the game. Its never about one play my friend.

Thanks for that really insightful observation my friend.

Archived