Neal McCready's Comments ...

RunInRed

Capture.png

Neal McCready after Auburn 35 Ole Miss 31:

"I've never seen a luckier program than Auburn ... and I'm not taking anything away from them ... but holy hell ... I mean Georgia and Alabama last year and this today ... three games where frankly they should have lost them all and they win them all... and if they go on to play for a title ... somebody made a deal with the devil."

"The guy (Gus Malzahn) has a reputation for being something that he's not ... he's a helluva football coach, a game caller, a play caller ... but that's inexcusable for him not to mention concern for LaQuon Treadwell (during postgame ESPN interview) ... If that was Hugh Freeze, he would have mentioned the players name within the first 30 seconds of his answer."

https://olemiss.riva...asp?CID=1699478

Meanwhile ...

The Tigers shared a post-game prayer with a special mention for injured Ole Miss player, LaQuon Treadwell ...

B1dbDjyCYAAr73N.jpg

@TheAUPlainsman

Also, Gus later on ESPN ...

Gus Malzahn on ESPN: "It's very unfortunate, Laquon Treadwell is a great player and we wish him a speedy recovery. He's a great person."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine that, a beat-writer for Ole Miss whining about a loss...

Love to hear all these teams talk about how lucky we are after we beat them. Good plays and good players cause good things to happen. Don't mention the players swatting at the balls to cause the fumble or swiping at their hands or making a good tackle.

UGA play was lucky but Bama game was a great, amazing play. Last night, we made the plays to win the game. And, even if they had scored we still had 1:30 and 2 timeouts to win the game. But, he won't mention that either.

Consider the source...I thought he had retired...have not seen a piece or even a comment from him in a couple years....guess he's looking to be relevant again.

Injuries are part of football. Gus doesn't have to mention anything. Lucky is 59-42 in secc . lucky is 41-7 over LSU. Best running team in the country. That's lucky. You make ur own luck. That guy is butthurt

Nothing new. He hated Auburn when he was the AU beat writer for the Mobile Press Register. He has always been this way towards Auburn. Who really cares what he thinks?

I thought I remember Gus saying something about Treadwell in his postgame comments. What was he supposed to do? And let's be real here; it's a broken leg. It's not like he's in ICU.

I feel bad for the guy, but it's a football injury.

He's got 2 years eligibility left, and I'm sure he'll put them to good use.

Why care what a bet writer says? They are paid to make a fanbase feel good regardless of circumstances. If it helps him sleep at night to say AU is just lucky, then good for him. I don't know a lot of lucky teams that can score 35 points and rack up over 500 yards of offense on one of the top defenses in the nation.

Contacting him will only fuel his fire. The only way to stop him is ignore him.

It's not just the beat writers....Bo Wallace after the game:

"It's tough, I mean, we beat them. That's football though. (Auburn) -- it's crazy. Things like that just keep happening to them. "

Meanwhile, PMarsh nails it, again.

Maybe I don’t understand when a play is a “fluke” and when it’s a good play. That must be the case, because I am thoroughly confused by much of the reaction I've seen to the deciding play in No. 3 Auburn's 35-31 win at No. 4 Ole Miss.

Like everyone else, I hated to see Laquon Treadwell be injured, but Kris Frost made a remarkable play. No, it wasn’t close to being a horse collar or a cheap shot or anything of the sort.

And I thought there was 1:30 left in the game anyway. I’ve seen enough of Nick Marshall to know the game wouldn’t have been over even if the touchdown had stood.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said last night these Auburn players have been doing it for almost two years now, and he’s right. They never quit. They keep fighting. That’s what Frost was doing, and that’s why he made the biggest play of his career.

Fluke? Luck? That might sound good to disappointed Ole Miss fans, but just like the return that beat Alabama last season, it was a big-time play by a big-time football player who never stopped believing he and his teammates would find a way to win.

PMarsh

You make your own luck... period. We left some points on the field last night. Who says if UM scored with 1:30 left, that we would not take it down the field for a TD.

I get sick and tired of people saying it was luck in the UGA game. If the relay booth would have gotten it right with the last UGA score for them to go ahead, there would have not been a score, and we walk off the field with a win.

The UAT game was not luck. We played our tails off to tie the game up. Saban did not like his chances in OT, and thus we score. We won these games. I always say.... If you should have won, you would have won.

Let the butthurt fkow through them both. Sorry Bo you just suck. You didn't beat anyone so go cry. Last time I checked you couldn't get the conversions you needed and took 5 sacks. Check the score board loser

I guess it was luck that he fumbled after stupidly reaching the ball out too.

There was luck in the game - Ole Miss was lucky that the D that played the LSU game did not show up this game or it would not have been even close. The quote of Phillip Marshall earlier is right on target - luck to those who lost and didn't like it that AU won (Lou Holtz). One poster noted earlier that not much luck involved when you put up 507 yards and 35 points on one of the top ranked defenses (that only gives up 10 points a game).

It's not just the beat writers....Bo Wallace after the game:

"It's tough, I mean, we beat them. That's football though. (Auburn) -- it's crazy. Things like that just keep happening to them. "

Meanwhile, PMarsh nails it, again.

Maybe I don’t understand when a play is a “fluke” and when it’s a good play. That must be the case, because I am thoroughly confused by much of the reaction I've seen to the deciding play in No. 3 Auburn's 35-31 win at No. 4 Ole Miss.

Like everyone else, I hated to see Laquon Treadwell be injured, but Kris Frost made a remarkable play. No, it wasn’t close to being a horse collar or a cheap shot or anything of the sort.

And I thought there was 1:30 left in the game anyway. I’ve seen enough of Nick Marshall to know the game wouldn’t have been over even if the touchdown had stood.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said last night these Auburn players have been doing it for almost two years now, and he’s right. They never quit. They keep fighting. That’s what Frost was doing, and that’s why he made the biggest play of his career.

Fluke? Luck? That might sound good to disappointed Ole Miss fans, but just like the return that beat Alabama last season, it was a big-time play by a big-time football player who never stopped believing he and his teammates would find a way to win.

PMarsh

I agree, PM nailed it. Let others say what they want, when you win and are successful people are going to hate you and gun for you.

When you are a threat to them, this is how many will react; while others will work hard to try and meet the challenge.

The truth is the vaunted OM D, a.k.a. the Landsharks, got reeled in last night by an O that had a big hook and, to quote a famous 70s movie, compared to some other teams, "had a bigger boat"!

Lou Holtz is another one calling Auburn lucky. Lou Holtz calling somebody lucky is just plain funny. if I remember correctly he had a lot of luck in his coaching days, especially at Notre Dame.

And one has to consider that a senior citizen with a speech impediment that looks like him and apparently has forgotten most everything that made him an average (at best) football coach, being utilized as an analyst on a major network is... well, LUCK!

Archived