Former AU 3* TE Jalen Harris (Updated on Page 6)

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the bol aeticle about Harris and Carr and some of the free to see users posts said that as bama fans hey were not confident about either of them, but I am sure none of em were insiders.

Didn't Harris say his mind is made up, just wanted to wait until Tues for official announcement. Really doesn't make sense to pick any of the other finalists anyway. UAT has a 5* (OJ) and 4* (Hentges) two that we coveted. Probably not much pt there. Miami has one of the best in this '15 class already in Archibald. LSU already has 2 TE's committed in this class. Vandy just picked up two Auburn Legacy TE's. Dudchock transferring from Stanford and Dobbs. I think Vandy may be open to taking one more, but you would expect them to wait a little while. We only have Mitchell and Laye after this year. Is that right? Probably the only position we won't be stacked with 4*s unless Harris is bumped up. Like E says sometimes I overthink, but I don't see how it could be anything but an Auburn committment. Does that make sense?

Things are starting to look good here despite what the CBs look like.

How so?

Scratch that. Bama likely in good shape.

Its a shame bama is favored now. He could've had quicker PT and more integrated into the gameplan better than bama could offer. His loss and I'm not worried about it.

Just watched Jalen's film. He is an outstanding blocker. He has terrific hands for a big boy. I think where he needs the most improvement is his route running. I am sure Lutz is working on this with him. I really see this kid as a great get. He has tons of potential. He has fantastic size. I would think he may blow up this year and get his 4th star. I hope we get him today.

He is coming to AU. Blocking is listed as a weakness by some, but I think Lutz being hired recently as his TE coach will make a big difference for him. He will know what to expect from Gus as well. Once he has a year with Russell with the way he is growing there is no telling how big he could get. With and 80 inch+ wingspan he could grow into a very athletic OT.

He is coming to AU. Blocking is listed as a weakness by some, but I think Lutz being hired recently as his TE coach will make a big difference for him. He will know what to expect from Gus as well. Once he has a year with Russell with the way he is growing there is no telling how big he could get. With and 80 inch+ wingspan he could grow into a very athletic OT.

Hmm, I wonder if he would be able to play DE after a year with the weights ? That wingspan and height reminds me of Ted Hendricks, the Mad Stork.

Jalen will be a redshirt lock, but give him a year with Russell and who knows what kinda player he can be. More importantly than building his body, Jalen needs to get used the physicality of big boy SEC football as the school he plays at (St. James) isn't known for playing the most physical of opponents. Jalen isn't going to be the strongest and fastest in the SEC, and he'll need to acclimate to that.

Archived