Former AU 3* TE Jalen Harris (Updated on Page 6)

EagleDamnWar

Harris or Trott? Who has a bigger AU career? Both out of the Montgomery private circuit.

Didn't we have two Eddins brothers also?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re Quote above.....he also makes Lutz look like an ordinary sized guy too.

Had to laugh this morning at the usual meltdown on al.com as bammers spent a good part of yesterday evening and night posting hundreds of messages trying to convince themselves that he was not good enough to play for the tawd....and they never wanted him anyway. Losing a commit like this to AU really brings out the true bammers.

I am sorry for Jalen too that Lutz is no longer here. I am feeling for you Jalen. I am sure you are hurting. Lutz was better than a good AU man.

Jalen's reaction to Lutz:

@jalenharris9: I swear nobody can feel my pain right now. I loved this man so much, he was one of the best things that ever happened to me. RIP Coach Lutz

jalenharris9

2 hours ago

I just want to say thank you for just teaching me a little more about life, being a man, and the great game of football. These past couple of months have just been a blessing, it's like God sent me an angel and now you can really watch over me. I will do everything in my ability to carry on your legacy on and off the field. Just thank you for everything from being my coach, mentor, and a brother to me. It's killing me right now knowing you're gone, but i will push through because I now that is what you would want. Thank you again coach, everything. You are the definition of a true 'Auburn Man'. There are not too many people like you in the world. You are my hero and I love you.

jalenharris9

2 hours ago

I just want to say thank you for just teaching me a little more about life, being a man, and the great game of football. These past couple of months have just been a blessing, it's like God sent me an angel and now you can really watch over me. I will do everything in my ability to carry on your legacy on and off the field. Just thank you for everything from being my coach, mentor, and a brother to me. It's killing me right now knowing you're gone, but i will push through because I now that is what you would want. Thank you again coach, everything. You are the definition of a true 'Auburn Man'. There are not too many people like you in the world. You are my hero and I love you.

Just a class act. Jalen Harris will do great things on the plains.

around4ever on the football board had the idea of letting Jalen wear Lutz' #43 for his time at AU. I'm not sure if that's a conversation we could have with Jalen before signing day, but I'm sure he'd be honored.

around4ever on the football board had the idea of letting Jalen wear Lutz' #43 for his time at AU. I'm not sure if that's a conversation we could have with Jalen before signing day, but I'm sure he'd be honored.

The sentiment is there, but might be too much pressure on a true freshman to think he has to carry around that badge. Swain would give it up as well.

The sentiment is there, but might be too much pressure on a true freshman to think he has to carry around that badge. Swain would give it up as well.

Fair enough point there. By no means would I ever want to force it upon him, but with as close as he and lutz were if he wanted it I'd have no problem seeing him get it.

If he doesn't, I also wouldn't mind seeing it go to a senior each year after Swain is done with it.

I would guess that everyone will be wearing 43 on their helmet this year.

I would imagine so.

jalenharris9

2 hours ago

I choked up reading this to my wife tonight. So sorry for the AU family and those that really were close to Lutz. I will be cheering hard for Jalen.

Jalen Harris just went up a thousand points in my book! What a great future Auburn man! I truly hope he gets to wear #43 when he arrives on the plains.

jalenharris9

2 hours ago

I choked up reading this to my wife tonight. So sorry for the AU family and those that really were close to Lutz. I will be cheering hard for Jalen.

Same exact thing happened with me reading it to my wife and daughter.

Nobody should wear it this season IYAM. Except as a tribute sticker/patch. Let Jalen wear it in 2015 as the first year of the tribute if he wants to. Then let the players/staff vote each year on who wears it. Of course the family can set the parameters.

Archived