***Auburn vs. Texas A&M Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please. Do not blame Dismukes. Wait for info. He snapped it for a reason. That kid has WON a ton of games busting his tail for AU...

Plenty of guys have won games. Nobody should be blamed for a loss but he shouldn't have snapped the ball

Well Ellis had the offense cover his ineptness with enough points again, just didn't count on that blocked FG TD.

Sorry I doubted you bud. You were right all along. Defense is lost

mdg929

Both the offense and the defense are responsible for this loss. It's unfair to put all the blame on the defense.

We scored 38 points and lost. And the offense is responsible how.......?

Let the meltdown begin! On your mark...get set....GO!

Just a question - but WHEN would a meltdown be acceptable? Just curious...please help those of us who expect far more from the #3 team in the nation besides that atrocity of execution at the end on offense, horrific defense, and below average special teams? Help me out here....

You're providing a good example of it right now. I'm not looking for an argument.

Well Ellis had the offense cover his ineptness with enough points again, just didn't count on that blocked FG TD.

mdg929

Both the offense and the defense are responsible for this loss. It's unfair to put all the blame on the defense.

In what world can you score 38 and blame the offense. Granted the last turnovers are inexcusable but still

Was it a safety? I am not sure the ball fully got out, even on forward progress. And if you are going to allow the second effort you should

Consider where the ball was when the knee was actually down. After further review, the review judge got it wrong. Argh!

Now I know what Ole Ms fans felt like last week.

So true, but all is not lost.

We need to seriously look at the 4-2-5 defensive scheme. I wonder why Southern Miss was 0-12.

I never had a major issue with hiring him but I always wondered why many was so excited about him esp. what he did at Southern Miss. Plus...I never remembered USCe defense being that dominate anyway. I have no clue what we should do but I just have not seen any changes made in the last 3 weeks.

I can't wait to see who will be first to lay this game at the feet of Nick....it's coming..I can feel it.

This^^ I got into heated conversations for even disagreeing about how terrible our defense is and our d-coordinator is. Those same guys haven't spoke up at all tonite. Lol

mdg929

.......did you watch the end of the game?....that's the offense playing their part in the loss....

Anyone ready to talk about how the defense is really ok after all now.

That's just stupid. No one has ever claimed that the defense was lights out all the time. But neither are they completely terrible. No one ever said there aren't weaknesses. But the offense has put them in the hole in both games that we lost, so there's enough blame to go around including ALL the coaches. This team was not well prepared for aTm. Sumlin had his team ready and Gus did not.

JMO...the most important stat: Fumbles 3, Fumbles lost 3.....cost us about 14 points on O and 7 on D...

A humbling lost ...

true....and some AU folks might be able to stand a little humbling....the arrogance on this board has been growing week by week....but it's football, played by mostly teenagers who make mistakes ...get over yourselves people.

Yep.

Now I know what Ole Ms fans felt like last week.

So true, but all is not lost.

Define all

Tomorrow is another day ...

War Eagle.

Obviously the two fumbles hurt and the penalties continued. But our O is not the problem. The D is really bad and teams are using the MSU blueprint. I know CEJ is highly respected but there has to be a reason our D is so bad. The entire D coaches are responsible. Poor tackling, problems on pass coverage, lack of QB pressure and open opposing receivers which suggests scheme issues. Plus our D recruiting is not what it should be which makes me question what recruits think of our coaches. Not trying to be disrespectful but trying to have a serious discussion

JMO...the most important stat: Fumbles 3, Fumbles lost 3.....cost us about 14 points on O and 7 on D...

Yep. But apparently offensive fumbles are still the fault of our defense.

mdg929

.......did you watch the end of the game?....that's the offense playing their part in the loss....

Or it's the offense trying to desperately pull us out of the hole the defense created.

mdg929

And what happens if the defense doesn't give up 35?

Was it a safety? I am not sure the ball fully got out, even on forward progress. And if you are going to allow the second effort you should

Consider where the ball was when the knee was actually down. After further review, the review judge got it wrong. Argh!

I think it was a safety. The entire ball has to get out. It benefited us that they did not call a safety. They would have been punting/kicking off to deep on our side of the field with us having no T.O.'s left. Them having to punt from the shadow of the goal line was perfect for us. We just found another way to screw the pooch in this game.

Archived