***Auburn vs. Texas A&M Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

I generally try to stay positive and avoid all the back and forth stuff but if you can't come on a message board and vent about the team when they play poorly or criticize the coaching without someone questioning your loyalty to Auburn, then why have a message board at all? We lost a game we were not supposed to, in fact we lost a game we were favored by 23 points to win so I would expect some upset fans to express their displeasure with the outcome. I never played football so its hard for me to say whether its a coaching issue or a player issue or both on D but if a fan wants to criticize on a message board I think they should be allowed to.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inexcusible, unacceptable, disappointing, season ending, pathetic, embarassing, and infuriating.Just a few things that come to mind.

Every coach should be fined the amount needed to pay back all of the poor fans who had to sit through that sad excuse of a game.

Playcalling and preparation left a lot to be desired. Nick played his butt off, Roc was excellent but would disapeer for extended time as usual. Fumbles are inexcusible and we were unable to recover a single one of them. The blocked field goal was too easy and made a huge difference.

The refs boned us on both the fumble recovery and the safety. Shouldn't have come to that in the first place.

CEJ lost any respect that anyone still had for him. Texas A&M ran 3 plays and the same drag route for 41 points

That's really a terrible thing to post. Shame on you.

Meh. You're probably right. He could have said he has no more respect as a guy that can CURRENTLY field a remotely decent D. Obviously he had some in the past, but his good games are still in the past and probably staying there. May be time for him to retire as the game has VERY VERY VERY CLEARLY passed him by (like a jet passing a goose)

He does not deserve that kind of ridicule just because AU lost a game. The AU fan base has become more of an embarrassment at times than any one coach.

tigerbelle I believe you're reading into my comment as being more negative than it was intended. The point isn't that we lost one game. It's that our defense has been far under average for years and CEJ was not and is not the solutuon

How about manny Diaz, or Kevin green, Tracy rocker?

****SPOILER ALERT***** Auburn wasn't really that good. They finally got what was coming to them for a seaon and a half. This game will relieve the pressure of having to win the final two SEC road games. Auburn will have to play the role of the spoiler just like A&M.

Sorry, going to disagree totally. They were good enough to win. And win out. Defense was not that good.

Good enough to beat a bad team? Defense is half the battle so, if the defense is going to give up 41 points to a team that scored 21 at home against UL Monroe, they weren't really good enough You can only dodge so many bulets a year... Ole Miss, K-State, South Carolina....

This team is full of great players on both sides of the ball. The offense is every bit as good as it was last year and I still believe that the defense as a whole is better than last year. The thing that seems to be missing, and I have seen it in every game, is that "it" factor. This team doesn't seem to have the same chemistry as the team had last year. This group just hasn't learned to play as a team with a huge target on its back. They should have known going into the season that every team we played would give us their best shot. The thing they have to do now is put this loss behind them and get ready for next week.

This team is full of great players on both sides of the ball. The offense is every bit as good as it was last year and I still believe that the defense as a whole is better than last year. The thing that seems to be missing, and I have seen it in every game, is that "it" factor. This team doesn't seem to have the same chemistry as the team had last year. This group just hasn't learned to play as a team with a huge target on its back. They should have known going into the season that every team we played would give us their best shot. The thing they have to do now is put this loss behind them and get ready for next week.

I couldn't agree more.

****SPOILER ALERT***** Auburn wasn't really that good. They finally got what was coming to them for a seaon and a half. This game will relieve the pressure of having to win the final two SEC road games. Auburn will have to play the role of the spoiler just like A&M.

Sorry, going to disagree totally. They were good enough to win. And win out. Defense was not that good.

Good enough to beat a bad team? Defense is half the battle so, if the defense is going to give up 41 points to a team that scored 21 at home against UL Monroe, they weren't really good enough You can only dodge so many bulets a year... Ole Miss, K-State, South Carolina....

murp, I've asked you this before, but don't recall the answer. What team do you support, given that you refer to Auburn as 'they'?

I haven't looked to see CEJ back next year any way. I think he had a two year contract, they may have extended it one year but I am confident that he is ready to hang it up. JMO.

Hope you are right

I haven't looked to see CEJ back next year any way. I think he had a two year contract, they may have extended it one year but I am confident that he is ready to hang it up. JMO.

Maybe, but Gus is loyal.

murp, I've asked you this before, but don't recall the answer. What team do you support, given that you refer to Auburn as 'they'?

Is that Elephant dung I smell? <_<

Just a couple of quick points. First I will have to agree that CEJ has become part of the problem. We can not wait till half to make corrections. For those that did not watch after giving up 35 the first half they only gave up 6 the second. CSF is one that will have to explain. No excuse for allowing someone to come off the end and block it. That cost us ten points. For those blaming Reese, go back and watch, the LG is the one that gives the snap motion by tapping Reese's left leg, Reese is not looking at the QB. That is normal in this offense. The fault on that play is that if NM is going to change up he has to get the centers attention after he sets. The fumble at the one yard line was probably Gus's fault. It should not have been a read option for NM it should have been a straight hand off to CAP. There was plenty of mistakes to go around. First I give credit to TAM. They were embarrassed by uat and they have worked hard the last two weeks to correct it. Last week against ULM was probably due to them focusing ahead on us. As others have said we have won some close ones and we will lose some close ones. All is not lost. If you think like that you need to root for the other team across the state. We still have three more games and a bowl game. If you think we should play for a championship every year then you are dreaming. A good year is that we are in the discussion. I remember in 2012 a lot of you were saying that if we could just compete you would be happy. We lost both games due to mistakes on our part, and everyone on that team will tell you so. So we are competing. Can we improve? Sure but let's not get unrealistic and think we should be good enough to win every game. Most pundits thought we would lose 4 with our tough schedule, and we might. But I can bet you that not one of them will say we are a bad team. Be sure you understand the difference in a bad team (see 2012) and a good team. Should uat go down tonight we would be tied for 2nd in the SEC. Even if they don't we are tied for 3rd, with two chances to redeem ourselves. So lets talk about positive improvements we would like to see, like some folks using their arms when they tackle, and stop the crap that we are the worse team ever. WDE

Damn good post. WDE.

Is that Elephant dung I smell? <_<

Kinda smells like a Dawg to me....

:dunno:

Going to be interesting to see how we respond. Just hope we don't throw in the towel just b/c our NC hopes are gone. We are capable of winning the rest of our games but it's going to take a lot of work from every coach and player.

Is that Elephant dung I smell? <_</>

Likely. He has never said anything remotely positive about Auburn.

I think getting the safety would have been worse. They would have been able to Kick it deeper and We still would have been losing. I remember tubbs taking a safety on purpose and almost losing the game one time. Maybe I would feel differently if we kicked the field goal to tie only to lose in OT. I just wish we could have at least tried a field goal. We were in range twice and never attempted it. Too many should haves in the game for us.

Good enough to beat a bad team? Defense is half the battle so, if the defense is going to give up 41 points to a team that scored 21 at home against UL Monroe, they weren't really good enough You can only dodge so many bullets a year... Ole Miss, K-State, South Carolina....

I don't own a Jersey in the locker room so that should answer your question. If you don't play for the Tigers, then, it's they. If you play for them, continue to say "we" I didn't fumble the football twice in crunch time. I didn't give up over 450 yards of offense to a second string QB. I sat on my couch watching a team implode at the seams.

Just a couple of quick points. First I will have to agree that CEJ has become part of the problem. We can not wait till half to make corrections. For those that did not watch after giving up 35 the first half they only gave up 6 the second. CSF is one that will have to explain. No excuse for allowing someone to come off the end and block it. That cost us ten points. For those blaming Reese, go back and watch, the LG is the one that gives the snap motion by tapping Reese's left leg, Reese is not looking at the QB. That is normal in this offense. The fault on that play is that if NM is going to change up he has to get the centers attention after he sets. The fumble at the one yard line was probably Gus's fault. It should not have been a read option for NM it should have been a straight hand off to CAP. There was plenty of mistakes to go around. First I give credit to TAM. They were embarrassed by uat and they have worked hard the last two weeks to correct it. Last week against ULM was probably due to them focusing ahead on us. As others have said we have won some close ones and we will lose some close ones. All is not lost. If you think like that you need to root for the other team across the state. We still have three more games and a bowl game. If you think we should play for a championship every year then you are dreaming. A good year is that we are in the discussion. I remember in 2012 a lot of you were saying that if we could just compete you would be happy. We lost both games due to mistakes on our part, and everyone on that team will tell you so. So we are competing. Can we improve? Sure but let's not get unrealistic and think we should be good enough to win every game. Most pundits thought we would lose 4 with our tough schedule, and we might. But I can bet you that not one of them will say we are a bad team. Be sure you understand the difference in a bad team (see 2012) and a good team. Should uat go down tonight we would be tied for 2nd in the SEC. Even if they don't we are tied for 3rd, with two chances to redeem ourselves. So lets talk about positive improvements we would like to see, like some folks using their arms when they tackle, and stop the crap that we are the worse team ever. WDE

Damn good post. WDE.

I like your post but I have a problem. Pat Dye and numerous other old school coaches said a that a well coached team got better as the year progressed. I believed them then, and believe it now. How is our defense better now than 5 weeks ago? A&M is not a good team. To portray them as one is laughable, at best. Our D made them look awesome. I love our offense, but with an average defense, we are undefeated for two years. WDE.

Just got back from Auburn and I am hurting like the rest of us. I really have nothing to say other let's get after those danged flea bitten mutts in Athens next week. Wins over UGLY and bammer would be just the medicine to ease our pain. WDE anyway!

Just got back from Auburn and I am hurting like the rest of us. I really have nothing to say other let's get after those danged flea bitten mutts in Athens next week. Wins over UGLY and bammer would be just the medicine to ease our pain. WDE anyway!

I would love nothing more than to derail Bamas title hopes just like last year.

LSU's working on that right now.

LSU's working on that right now.

Lovin' this LSU D.

Archived