***Auburn vs. Texas A&M Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Let the meltdown begin! On your mark...get set....GO!

Just a question - but WHEN would a meltdown be acceptable? Just curious...please help those of us who expect far more from the #3 team in the nation besides that atrocity of execution at the end on offense, horrific defense, and below average special teams? Help me out here....

You're providing a good example of it right now. I'm not looking for an argument.

If you are not looking for an argument, then you are just a little bi-otch. What kind if statement is that. Go someplace else if you are gong to be an instigator.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to seriously look at the 4-2-5 defensive scheme. I wonder why Southern Miss was 0-12.

It is not how we line up. It is our personnel. We are average everywhere, especially our DL. The DL is important in any 4-X defense, but it is critical in the 4-2-5.

D made two great stops when it mattered ....the O let the game get away in many different ways.....so maybe Gus or Lashlee needs to hit the trail if that's the measure of people's satisfaction.

Two stops? Two? This team dropped 0 on UA. 0. Only a person that watched the last 7 minutes can even start to blame the offense for the lack of defense.

Well Ellis had the offense cover his ineptness with enough points again, just didn't count on that blocked FG TD.

Sorry I doubted you bud. You were right all along. Defense is lost

mdg929

Both the offense and the defense are responsible for this loss. It's unfair to put all the blame on the defense.

We scored 38 points and lost. And the offense is responsible how.......?

.......did you watch the end of the game?....that's the offense playing their part in the loss....

Or it's the offense trying to desperately pull us out of the hole the defense created.

BY FUMBLING TWICE? Listen, I get your point, that the offense was in a terrible position, but guess what? The defense wasn't on the field during the last two plays - both of which should have ended in points and the win. To completely advocate the offense of responsibility and to hang everything on the defense is ridiculous.

As I have posted elsewhere, we are a good team, but not a championship level team. We can still create dyspepsia for others in the remaining games. I would rather be a Tiger after an humbling loss than a Turd anytime. War Eagle.

Well Ellis had the offense cover his ineptness with enough points again, just didn't count on that blocked FG TD.

mdg929

Both the offense and the defense are responsible for this loss. It's unfair to put all the blame on the defense.

I'd be interested in hearing someone answer this one.

mdg929

.......did you watch the end of the game?....that's the offense playing their part in the loss....

And what happens if the defense doesn't give up 35?

The SAME thing that happens if the offense doesn't fumble away the game....we win. It's on both. "If, if, if." Look, if grandma had balls, we'd call her grandpa.

We need to seriously look at the 4-2-5 defensive scheme. I wonder why Southern Miss was 0-12.

It is not how we line up. It is our personnel. We are average everywhere, especially our DL. The DL is important in any 4-X defense, but it is critical in the 4-2-5.

Think of it this way: If you don't have the personnel to run CEJ's 4-2-5, does a smart coach try to run it anyway?

This isn't how this season was supposed to go, we should've just played defense

WHY CANT WE PLAY DEFENSE

WE HAVENT HAD A HALF DECENT DEFENSE IN 7 YEARS, AND THEN THEY GAVE US A FACADE AGAINST THE FIRST FIVE OPPENENTS, BUT AS IN ALL THINGS AUBURN WE COULDN'T KEEP IT UP

IF I WAS YELLING ON THE OUTSIDE LIKE I AM ON THE INSIDE ID BE DEAD

It was a very disheartening loss..there is no way around it. After finally coming back and being literally inches from winning, our luck finally left us with 2 non-forced fumbles and 2 very very close calls for the replay officials. If we had taken care of business the replay officials would not have had any say in the matter. The Offensive lack of execution at the end made us give back a win from the past 2 weeks. Hopefully this will infuse the players and staff with a little more intensity.

mdg929

The SAME thing that happens if the offense doesn't fumble away the game....we win. It's on both. "If, if, if." Look, if grandma had balls, we'd call her grandpa.

Now that's pretty funny there, ha!!

We have to recruit first rounders on the d-line for this to work? Why play a defense that you can't get players to run?

Luck was bound to run out. For 2 years these boys have been playing over their head and getting extremely fortunate breaks. We have a lot of pieces in places (especially on offense) with more waiting their turn. We are not a top 4 team but we will be. No doubt in my mind we will be. I watched Gus for a long time and I am convinced he is not one of the "only one side of the ball" minded coaches. He will get the defense turned around. Dominance is still coming.

A little, and very little credit has to go to Sumlin. He held back the play book on last weeks game. Not saying that was the reason, just smart coaching. It was a complete meltdown on both sides of the ball for AU. Hand the ball off to CAP and its a touchdown. Not sure what happened on the center exchange, but my guess is a brain fart by RD. Thought AU was gonna pull it out. Now we get to see CGM earn his paycheck. It will take all on board or AU will finish 8-4

We obviously had a let down after a big win for the first time in the malzahn era. We have been up for every game with him as head coach. We had the 2 other SEC losses after rough starts on the road. We took a half off and again dug too big a hole to climb out. Amazing that it came down to the blocked field goal and score. Kudos to the defense on the last two possessions to give us a chance to win. Good job for coming back. You just felt we would win even after the near safety. We just had one too many bonehead plays. Let's beat the Dawgs and hope for chaos. We need the 3-5 way tie to get in the SEC champs. That is definitely the only hope now to do something special. It is fun to watch CAP go hard and step up.

Here's what else sucks - even if we win out, barring any kind of collapse by MSU or Bama that would land us in the SEC championship, a two loss team with one of those being over an atrocious TAM at home will forever hold us out of the playoffs. That's the very worst thing about this pathetic display tonight.

mdg929

So you're saying if the defense doesnt give up 35 it's the same as if ee fumble to score 40 something?

mdg929

The offense fumbled early in the game so that did not help. It put AU in a big hole and mentally put the defense on edge. This team is not much of a come-from-behind-under-dire-circumstances team like AU fans have come to expect. Other teams are better prepared for AU this season than they ever have been before. It's time for Gus to shake up his strategy.

I'm just gonna tell myself that it wouldn't have been that great a trip to Dallas and Jerry World anyways. Yeah, that's the ticket.

mdg929

So you're saying if the defense doesnt give up 35 it's the same as if ee fumble to score 40 something?

Yep.....it's a win and we are still in the top 4 next week.....but as note.....there are lots of "ifs" in life.

Archived