***Auburn vs. Texas A&M Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

In the game thread I stated that in Reese Dismukes 4 years I have never seen him snap the ball like that. Then I went on to mention that this loss would be a lesson that you can't play undisciplined football and expect to come back and win. I guess some guy thought I meant that Reese needs to learn that lesson, lol I guess you have to be pretty specific in these posts. I meant the whole team, especially the defense, needs to learn that lesson. Reese Dismukes is the last thing wrong with this team.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude anyone blaMing the offense is an idiot. 38 points should win a game. I'd eills coaches worth a Damn we win the game. Id the refs call the game correct we win the game. Period

Finally....someone with common sense. We bailed the D out against USCe so I guess we were suppose to the same today. This loss is ALL on EJ, the coaches on defense and players on defense.

New to the board? I've pointed out ole Ellis hideous gameplans and apparent odd points of emphasis in 6 of our games this season and been hammered every time. Usually with the "he's been doing this a long time" reasoning that kept Ted Kennedy propped up past his prime too.

Not new but it has been certainly clear the past 4 weeks about EJ.

The problem with that is that no matter who has been AU's DC there has always an extreme group calling for his head.

I'm certainly not calling for his job. At this point I don't know how we can fix the issue b/c it could be the coaches or the players or the scheme or a combination of any of those things. So it's hard for me to say get rid of EJ. I just know that I have not seen many changes regarding the game plan knowing that we've been killed on defense. I would at least expect that.

I'm done, that's enough. Enjoy the rest of yes season all. I'll be back nrxt year. War eagle to all and to all a good night. Bye Bye.

If you quit watching after they lose, I hope you never come back.

x2

Dang! Stats say we won!!!!

Not exactly. But close. Turnovers and penalties were the difference in a close game.

And not all the penalties were on the defense either....

Well we made another qb an all sec guy next year...

That was probably the most disappointing to see by the defense.

That kid is extremely talented and well coached. Give him credit. He played very well.

I do blame the refs on this one. That was a recovery by CAP.

We played poorly but to go out like that...

Just wow.

Agree. I wonder how good their "stop action is". CAP clearly had both hands around the ball while lying on his belly.

I've spent a lot buddy. But knowing when a good investment turns bad it's what I went fu

To school for

I thought watching football was about "entertainment"....and I can't imagine anyone saying that this was not an entertaining game. If all you want to do is see wins.....just go to the Samford and La Tech games....you can save money on the ticket prices and also see a win since that seems to be the most important thing.

What we are witnessing on this board is the verbal edition of the Ole Miss blond going ballistic over their recent loss. Pretty soon someone will post a picture of some overweight person wearing an AU shirt swearing a blue streak and declaring that she will never attend another AU game until Ellis Johnson is fired. Can't wait to see it.

What does everyone think about that frost tackle? Was it a safety?

We probably would've been worse off if it had been called. Probably just one of those things that could go either way.

I think CAP should've been awarded the fumble. Don't really know what the officials saw to lend credence to TAMU recovering.

Just wow.

Agree. I wonder how good their "stop action is". CAP clearly had both hands around the ball while lying on his belly.

Cap was down by contact. #95 comes out of nowhere and gets inside the pile and pulls it out of caps arms. Go back and look at it. 95 was still being blocked when cap was on the ground. How the replY booth missed this is beyond me. I know the real answer but choose otherwise

Just wow.

Cap was down by contact. #95 comes out of nowhere and gets inside the pile and pulls it out of caps arms. Go back and look at it. 95 was still being blocked when cap was on the ground. How the replY booth missed this is beyond me. I know the real answer but choose otherwise

Good point

For a touchdown, the ball just has to touch the plane, but to prevent a safety the ball has to fully exit the endzone. To me, it did not.

Folks let's not blame this on the refs. A lot of close calls for them to make. They can go either way. If there had been definitive proof they would have changed it. Remember the OM play. They went back and it went our way. I can assure you not many OM fans agreed. We had opportunities to win and we didn't. Move on.'

I've spent a lot buddy. But knowing when a good investment turns bad it's what I went fu

To school for

I thought watching football was about "entertainment"....and I can't imagine anyone saying that this was not an entertaining game. If all you want to do is see wins.....just go to the Samford and La Tech games....you can save money on the ticket prices and also see a win since that seems to be the most important thing.

What we are witnessing on this board is the verbal edition of the Ole Miss blond going ballistic over their recent loss. Pretty soon someone will post a picture of some overweight person wearing an AU shirt swearing a blue streak and declaring that she will never attend another AU game until Ellis Johnson is fired. Can't wait to see it.

I hope not....but probably you are right.

There was a lot of arrogance around here this last week....

Folks, when you live by the last second miracle play, you die by the last second miracle play. We made too many mistakes; period. Get a grip gang...the sun will most likely come up tomorrow.

Folks let's not blame this on the refs. A lot of close calls for them to make. They can go either way. If there had been definitive proof they would have changed it. Remember the OM play. They went back and it went our way. I can assure you not many OM fans agreed. We had opportunities to win and we didn't. Move on.'

That's just not true. Everyone in America who saw that saw CAP recover the fumble, clear as day. The only difference is that A&M fans saw it, too, but covered their mouths and giggled. And probably Bammers.

Folks, when you live by the last second miracle play, you die by the last second miracle play. We made too many mistakes; period. Get a grip gang...the sun will most likely come up tomorrow.

These two guys get it. And, their posts pretty much sums it up.

For a touchdown, the ball just has to touch the plane, but to prevent a safety the ball has to fully exit the endzone. To me, it did not.

Thanks Bird

This loss will not seem so huge leading up to the UGA and Bama game. It will sting when the playoffs start and we are not in them.

A humbling lost ...

true....and some AU folks might be able to stand a little humbling....the arrogance on this board has been growing week by week....but it's football, played by mostly teenagers who make mistakes ...get over yourselves people.

I agree, this was a vivid demonstration of the difference in the college game vs. the pro game. Now, if we can only get past the "high school level" of mistakes. ;D

Archived