***Auburn vs. Texas A&M Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Guest jojo1515

I've spent a lot buddy. But knowing when a good investment turns bad it's what I went fu

To school for

I thought watching football was about "entertainment"....and I can't imagine anyone saying that this was not an entertaining game. If all you want to do is see wins.....just go to the Samford and La Tech games....you can save money on the ticket prices and also see a win since that seems to be the most important thing.

What we are witnessing on this board is the verbal edition of the Ole Miss blond going ballistic over their recent loss. Pretty soon someone will post a picture of some overweight person wearing an AU shirt swearing a blue streak and declaring that she will never attend another AU game until Ellis Johnson is fired. Can't wait to see it.

No. Wrong on many levels. This is nowhere near the OM video and don't even pretend like it is. That is an absolutely pathetic comparison to call people that are upset (about what is close to being the worst D in over 20 years at AU) and venting about how bad it is to a girl that is inconsolable, crying and throwing things saying it is her life. It is one thing to be a sunshine type of person. It is a whole different thing to talk to people like you are. You may be an optimist, but class isn't your specialty. Inexcusable and disgusting to accuse people on here of that as it is not even remotely close to accurate.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it a safety? I am not sure the ball fully got out, even on forward progress. And if you are going to allow the second effort you should

Consider where the ball was when the knee was actually down. After further review, the review judge got it wrong. Argh!

I think it was a safety. The entire ball has to get out. It benefited us that they did not call a safety. They would have been punting/kicking off to deep on our side of the field with us having no T.O.'s left. Them having to punt from the shadow of the goal line was perfect for us. We just found another way to screw the pooch in this game.

If so, I think you are right. I thought the ball broke the plane, but not all of the ball.

Inexcusible, unacceptable, disappointing, season ending, pathetic, embarassing, and infuriating.Just a few things that come to mind.

Every coach should be fined the amount needed to pay back all of the poor fans who had to sit through that sad excuse of a game.

Playcalling and preparation left a lot to be desired. Nick played his butt off, Roc was excellent but would disapeer for extended time as usual. Fumbles are inexcusible and we were unable to recover a single one of them. The blocked field goal was too easy and made a huge difference.

The refs boned us on both the fumble recovery and the safety. Shouldn't have come to that in the first place.

CEJ lost any respect that anyone still had for him. Texas A&M ran 3 plays and the same drag route for 41 points

I reckon this pretty much puts the kibosh on that " 13 seconds " thing ............ Bummer .

We lost a bit more than just a game today ............ also a Bummer .

Just beat bammer .

Dude anyone blaMing the offense is an idiot. 38 points should win a game. I'd eills coaches worth a Damn we win the game. Id the refs call the game correct we win the game. Period

Finally....someone with common sense. We bailed the D out against USCe so I guess we were suppose to the same today. This loss is ALL on EJ, the coaches on defense and players on defense.

All? :-\

For those saying TAM is a bad team, remember they have lost three games. Two on the road to top 5 teams and one at home to a top 15 team. For those that comment that uat beat them bad check the LSU game. We curb stomped LSY 41-7 a few weeks ago and they are beating uat tonight. First thing most need to do is quit listening to pundits. Gus warned the fans that TAM was coming in needing a win desperately and they would pull out all stops (like a 1st quarter Onside kick). SEC West teams are all tough and can beat you on any given day if you don't bring your "A" game.

For those saying TAM is a bad team, remember they have lost three games. Two on the road to top 5 teams and one at home to a top 15 team. For those that comment that uat beat them bad check the LSU game. We curb stomped LSY 41-7 a few weeks ago and they are beating uat tonight. First thing most need to do is quit listening to pundits. Gus warned the fans that TAM was coming in needing a win desperately and they would pull out all stops (like a 1st quarter Onside kick). SEC West teams are all tough and can beat you on any given day if you don't bring your "A" game.

They were probably the most over rated team in early year. We still could have won despite our defense being underwhelming.

They are the worst team on our schedule. They best an overrated sc team and that's it. Lost to bama, almost ulm,ole miss etc. Name one reason why we should have lost. Better passing game, rushing game and defense. We should have gone away like the lsu game

Inexcusible, unacceptable, disappointing, season ending, pathetic, embarassing, and infuriating.Just a few things that come to mind.

Every coach should be fined the amount needed to pay back all of the poor fans who had to sit through that sad excuse of a game.

Playcalling and preparation left a lot to be desired. Nick played his butt off, Roc was excellent but would disapeer for extended time as usual. Fumbles are inexcusible and we were unable to recover a single one of them. The blocked field goal was too easy and made a huge difference.

The refs boned us on both the fumble recovery and the safety. Shouldn't have come to that in the first place.

CEJ lost any respect that anyone still had for him. Texas A&M ran 3 plays and the same drag route for 41 points

That's really a terrible thing to post. Shame on you.

It doesn't matter who says what about our lack of a defense. The two games before this we gave up over a THOUSAND YARDS AND OVER 30 PTS PER GAME. To defend our defensive scheme is ridiculous and laughable. I am bot one to usually down anything about Auburn but it is an embarrassment whatever put on the field to try to stop the opposition. Every team we've played with the exception of LSU & KSU has looked like NFL caliber QBs SMH. Terrible.

Since when do the fans ever think the coaches know anything?

Guest jojo1515

Meh. You're probably right. He could have said he has no more respect as a guy that can CURRENTLY field a remotely decent D. Obviously he had some in the past, but his good games are still in the past and probably staying there. May be time for him to retire as the game has VERY VERY VERY CLEARLY passed him by (like a jet passing a goose)

****SPOILER ALERT***** Auburn wasn't really that good. They finally got what was coming to them for a seaon and a half. This game will relieve the pressure of having to win the final two SEC road games. Auburn will have to play the role of the spoiler just like A&M.

They needed a win against moo-state, ole miss and uat. How did that turn out? Only difference is....... Those teams have a good d-coordinator. aTm will not beat LSU. And they will not give up 41pts to this so called good aTm team

****SPOILER ALERT***** Auburn wasn't really that good. They finally got what was coming to them for a seaon and a half. This game will relieve the pressure of having to win the final two SEC road games. Auburn will have to play the role of the spoiler just like A&M.

Man I hate hate hate to agree with this but its what I have been thinking. I kinda got the feeling early in the year this might be a 9-3 type team and that looks pretty close now. Pressure is off, lets go try and beat our rivals.

Sorry, going to disagree totally. They were good enough to win. And win out. Defense was not that good.

Well we made another qb an all sec guy next year...

That was probably the most disappointing to see by the defense.

That kid is extremely talented and well coached. Give him credit. He played very well.

I agree. Apparently we aren't the only team with a "JJ quality" back-up.

Sorry, going to disagree totally. They were good enough to win. And win out. Defense was not that good.

I wouldn't even bother responding to that person. I have literally never seen him say anything in a positive fashion toward Auburn.

Meh. You're probably right. He could have said he has no more respect as a guy that can CURRENTLY field a remotely decent D. Obviously he had some in the past, but his good games are still in the past and probably staying there. May be time for him to retire as the game has VERY VERY VERY CLEARLY passed him by (like a jet passing a goose)

He does not deserve that kind of ridicule just because AU lost a game. The AU fan base has become more of an embarrassment at times than any one coach.

i don't think what I posted was terrible in the slightest? It's his job to prevent other teams from scoring and racking up yards. You could just tell 11 defenders to go out and have fun and they'd be equally effective as the defense we have fielded in the past few weeks. As a person I have nothing wrong with CEJ but as a defensive coordinator he doesn't live up to his job or the paycheck he receives.

He does not deserve that kind of ridicule just because AU lost a game. The AU fan base has become more of an embarrassment at times than any one coach.

tigerbelle I believe you're reading into my comment as being more negative than it was intended. The point isn't that we lost one game. It's that our defense has been far under average for years and CEJ was not and is not the solutuon

I wouldn't even bother responding to that person. I have literally never seen him say anything in a positive fashion toward Auburn.

Thanks. Don't know why I didn't notice earlier

Archived