10 Observations vs Texas A&M

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand you are upset up but I think you are overreacting.

1. Texas A&M was not as bad as everyone thought they were.

2. Our defense is awful but that is not entirely EJ's fault. Players have to execute. Players have to make tackles. D line has to be more physical. Coaches do not suit up and coaches do not play one single snap. I blame the poor execution, for the most part, on the players, not the coaches.

3. Losing Duke in the first half is NOT why the offense was unable to pull this one out. See #2 above.

4. Agree.

The sun will still rise tomorrow. Calm down.

Texas A&M got shut out against Alabama and almost lost to ULM, shut up.

And obviously Sumlin worked on getting his team's issues fixed. They have improved with experience Walking through the SEC fire while getting burned made them grow up, along with superior coaching. Shut up.

To be a top caliber defense you need top talent. Out of our starting defense lineup, tell me who we have that will get drafted? Not sure we have any other than MA. Maybe a couple of late round draft picks but that is it. Just watch our players

that's all on the staff and development, that's a team of 4 and 5 stars, no one is feeling sorry for Johnson and that staff for lack of talent

We will come back…yes it hurts, but I swear it hurts a lot more to the players and coaches….we have becomes 'spoiled' over our success, TAM had a good week to get ready with their freshman QB….the problem was we allowed them to be in the game when they went up 14-0, we never got the lead, even though we all thought we were going to put the go ahead TD before the fumble exchange….WDE...

To be a top caliber defense you need top talent. Out of our starting defense lineup, tell me who we have that will get drafted? Not sure we have any other than MA. Maybe a couple of late round draft picks but that is it. Just watch our players

Mckenzie, and maybe therezie.

The defense stinks but has since 2009-under multiple coordinators and head coaches. It's not all on EJ but the buck stops there. It's getting really frustrating to think that we have to score every possession to win a game against a decent opponent.

^^This^^

Time to take a break from the football forums after this. See y'all soon.

Thought about that myself, ClaytonAU, but if you have perspective to shine, stay on and tuned in. We need it.

I'm not about to dump on Dismukes, he's a kid, and kids make mistakes. No need to crucify them for it, or even bring it up again. So I won't. But I'll stay civil and say that I am not a fan of the Ellis Johnson scheme. I don't believe it works, and I'd like to see it replaced. Before next year.

The defense stinks but has since 2009-under multiple coordinators and head coaches. It's not all on EJ but the buck stops there. It's getting really frustrating to think that we have to score every possession to win a game against a decent opponent.

^^This^^

They were starting a new QB and had the plainest of plain vanilla offenses last week. I think some folks forget who the coach on the other side of the field is.....no slouch and the QB was the #1 recruit in the nation by many sources. Only the clueless think that TAMU has no offense or that Sumlin does not know how to coach. JMO since this is a forum of opinions.

^^This^^

They were starting a new QB and had the plainest of plain vanilla offenses last week. I think some folks forget who the coach on the other side of the field is.....no slouch and the QB was the #1 recruit in the nation by many sources. Only the clueless think that TAMU has no offense or that Sumlin does not know how to coach. JMO since this is a forum of opinions.

I agree. That's what I have been saying.

Why can't people talk about obvious reasons that our 4 and 5 star players on defense are not translating that talent on the field? IT has to be the scheme, coaches, etc. There was a reason that Southern Miss went for 0-12. The October 20, 2012, Marshall game resulted in the most points scored against USM at home since 1987 according to his wikipedia page. I just believe there are better coaches out there, that can do a better job with this talent. I don't look for any improvements until that change is made. I was never excited about that hire and he may well be Gus' Achilles heel going forward. IF we had a decent defense, nothing aimed at the players, we would be contending for the playoffs every year.

Did Sumnlin coach in the losses? I love you guys, but dang it, this is not good. Tubberville had a rogue game or three when we forgot how to play defense. Three years? Or more. We can be better. Everybody else is.

I don't care if I get banned. Ellis needs to go! his defense is predictable and hes constantly searching for answers. Offenses are always two moves ahead of him. The offensive mistakes are unfortunate but they played good enough. The defense has gotten worse throughout the year. Constantly out of position and is getting beaten by the same plays week after week....embarrassing. A&M only beat LA Monroe 21-16 and were out gained by 100 yards. Then they come into Jordan-Hare and win! That is inexcusable!!!!

I believe more than just Ellis need to be given the boot.

Ellis would be a good and logical start. I've endured many personal insults on this board for questioning Johnson, most by resident expert long time posters.

Did Sumnlin coach in the losses? I love you guys, but dang it, this is not good. Tubberville had a rogue game or three when we forgot how to play defense. Three years? Or more. We can be better. Everybody else is.

Tuberville was the last time we had what one would consider a "good" defense.

Championship teams don't make boneheaded mistakes like dumb penalties and also missing out on so many big plays. Its just the truth. This year's team just had too many holes to be a championship football team. I hope that the penalties are not going to be a sign of things to come from the Gus regime.

I don't think that's true.

I don't care if I get banned. Ellis needs to go! his defense is predictable and hes constantly searching for answers. Offenses are always two moves ahead of him. The offensive mistakes are unfortunate but they played good enough. The defense has gotten worse throughout the year. Constantly out of position and is getting beaten by the same plays week after week....embarrassing. A&M only beat LA Monroe 21-16 and were out gained by 100 yards. Then they come into Jordan-Hare and win! That is inexcusable!!!!

I believe more than just Ellis need to be given the boot.

Ellis would be a good and logical start. I've endured many personal insults on this board for questioning Johnson, most by resident expert long time posters.

Well, believe it or not, but I'm finally in agreement with your assessment of Ellis.

Championship teams don't make boneheaded mistakes like dumb penalties and also missing out on so many big plays. Its just the truth. This year's team just had too many holes to be a championship football team. I hope that the penalties are not going to be a sign of things to come from the Gus regime.

Yep.

I understand you are upset up but I think you are overreacting.

1. Texas A&M was not as bad as everyone thought they were.

2. Our defense is awful but that is not entirely EJ's fault. Players have to execute. Players have to make tackles. D line has to be more physical. Coaches do not suit up and coaches do not play one single snap. I blame the poor execution, for the most part, on the players, not the coaches.

3. Losing Duke in the first half is NOT why the offense was unable to pull this one out. See #2 above.

4. Agree.

The sun will still rise tomorrow. Calm down.

Texas A&M got shut out against Alabama and almost lost to ULM, shut up.

And obviously Sumlin worked on getting his team's issues fixed. They have improved with experience Walking through the SEC fire while getting burned made them grow up, along with superior coaching. Shut up.

Oh so those issues turned TAMU from being the worst team in the west to kicking around Auburn AT HOME? You really prepared to say we just didn't choke?

Why can't people talk about obvious reasons that our 4 and 5 star players on defense are not translating that talent on the field? IT has to be the scheme, coaches, etc. There was a reason that Southern Miss went for 0-12. The October 20, 2012, Marshall game resulted in the most points scored against USM at home since 1987 according to his wikipedia page. I just believe there are better coaches out there, that can do a better job with this talent. I don't look for any improvements until that change is made. I was never excited about that hire and he may well be Gus' Achilles heel going forward. IF we had a decent defense, nothing aimed at the players, we would be contending for the playoffs every year.

I don't think we have those guys in key positions. Especially on corner and safety.

Watching the LSU-UAT game and arguably two if the better defensive coaches. Gang tackling ball carrier, DBs positioning on oass plays, pressure at the line. Also see an active Kirby Smart coaching and instructing the players; an assistant mans the booth. Contrast to the way we are playing D. I have tremendous respect for CEJ and staff but at the end of the season we need to evaluate.

Archived