10 Observations vs Texas A&M

Dual-Threat Rigby

Would have been better off not to have all those miracles last year cause people forgot here we came from and had too high expectations this season. what happened to those that thought it would take two-three years to rebuild this program. guess some forgot. Yes, I am still happy with this team an pull for them every Saturday, win or lose.

That theory should've been thrown out the window a long time ago, almost everyone on the roster knew Malzahn's scheme, and we had oodles of talent. Plus, its not like anyone on this site promised they'd be 13 seconds better....that type of language usually includes improvement.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't think our coaches are developing the talent in the secondary or on the DL. No push up front. Terrible tackling skills in the secondary. Cover skills aren't much better. Only thing on the Defense I am impressed with are the starting LBs.

I just don't think our coaches are developing the talent in the secondary or on the DL. No push up front. Terrible tackling skills in the secondary. Cover skills aren't much better. Only thing on the Defense I am impressed with are the starting LBs.

Basically, the DL is a complete waste of talent, they do nothing and the secondary does nothing.... might as well have a 1-9-1

Would have been better off not to have all those miracles last year cause people forgot here we came from and had too high expectations this season. what happened to those that thought it would take two-three years to rebuild this program. guess some forgot. Yes, I am still happy with this team an pull for them every Saturday, win or lose.

Winning breeds higher expectations. It comes with the territory. Especially when this team was a play or two away from sealing its second crystal trophy in four seasons, despite "all those miracles".

I too have echoed the same before having to remind myself that this is only year two under Johnson. I honestly believe I would be somewhat less disappointed had I not witnessed noticeable progress the first half of the season. It would certainly make it easier to fall back on the sobering sentiment that this is still a rebuild in progress. On the same token, how often is it that AU is in a favorable position to play for it all?

As pointed out here and in other threads, Auburn has been average on defense for nearly 5 seasons, particularly in the secondary. This trend is highly frustrating because it appears to be on a continuing downward spiral. How many more opposing QBs, who are either green and/or average will continue to have Brady and Manning-esque performances against them? Some of them in Jordan-Hare no less. The Jordan Jeffersons, Tyler Wilsons, Chucke Keetons, Kyle Allens, and others. When does the bleeding stop?

I will continue my endorsement for the team through the thick and the thin, however, it has nearly gotten to the point where desensitization has settled in because one almost assuredly knows what type of defensive performance to expect every week.

Archived