Ellis Johnson

Ed_

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While there was no excuse last week, I do think people have forgotten the Cocktail Party. I don't think this'll be as easy for Georgia as everyone thinks.

Gameday just picked Georgia unanimous. They all bashed our D. "Auburn can't tackle." -Desmond Howard.

good picks, until Auburn shows us something different why would anyone pick against an angry revenge seeking

Georgia team versus a timid , unsure Auburn team.

Of course not many picked Texas A&M last week

Gameday just picked Georgia unanimous. They all bashed our D. "Auburn can't tackle." -Desmond Howard.

Now I totally get your angle.

Desmond Howard defended Jame is Winston. "Not in our world" were his exact words speaking about administration taking the discipline out of Fisher's hand and suspending him an entire game.

Howard may be right, but I'd never use him as evidence to support anything. Possibly the dumbest guy on TV.

They all picked Auburn unanimously last week.

Did y'all watch the FLA-USCe game? Spurrier had Z E R O, NONE, NADDA, ZIP, ZILCH respect for the defense his former DC fielded. He hasn't gone on 4th and F-it since.

That right there SHOULD tell you all you need to know about Ellis and his defensive scheming.

Deleted my own post.

One other point. Coach Boom cemented his unemployment today. Hope he comes back and sticks around for a while. We need some effective stability on the coaching staff.

I'm not laying this entirely on the head of CEJ. We just don't have SEC caliber DBs. I know they play hard and they want to win. I don't doubt their heart. But you watch DBs for Florida and Bama today -- then you watch our DBs tonight. The discrepancy in talent is obvious. I'm sorry, but putting these guys 1 on 1 in man defense is just cruel.

That said. a Defensive Coordinator should build his defense around the players he has. CEJ is obsessed with his scheme and unable to adapt to the talent level of his players. I love the dedication of Auburn's players. They work hard, they play hard. But there is obviously a disconnect between the CEJ scheme and the current player capabilities.

Will dumping CEJ solve anything? Probably not in the short run. Auburn needs to recruit better defensively. Mikey focuses on the need for recruiting better LBs, but in my mind, Auburn's really serious inadequacy is DBs. Yes, there are some good commits. How many will actually sign as they watch Auburn get chewed up by the offenses of MSU, TA&M, UGA and probably Bama? How many will really want to play in that CEJ defense?

Who coaches the LB's?

Frost and Cass are out of position every play it seems.

Had enough of no one being able to tackle.

I haven't posted on Ellis' situation yet, but here's my two cents:

Pro Firing Ellis Arguments:

- Defense this year is statistically worse than last year

- As the year has gone on, the defense has gotten worse, and it hasn't been because of injuries

- The defense we are puting on the field is not disguised at all. If it looks like we're gonna blitz, we're gonna blitz. And visa versa.

- The first half of every football game, it feels like we did not prepare at all. We have no idea how to defend the team we're playing, and Ellis doesn't make adjustments until halftime. Honestly, I think this is because he is coaching from the booth. I never like it when coordinators do that.

- The defense doesn't have an edge. They just aren't as physical as they need to be.

Con Firing Ellis Arguments:

-This is only the 2nd year in the system

- he only has a handful of players in the defense

- He has a good pedigree?

- His defense got us to the national championship last year?

After I've thought about it, debated it for a couple of weeks, I genuinely think that we need to part ways. The product that he is puting on the field is not satisfactory, and that warrants his dismissal from this program. Plain and simple.

I don't know if any of you have ever seen what a team that does not have to EARN playing time looks like,but I have. And this one looks a lot like one.The starters continue to play regardless of how poorly they play, and the backups continue to have a poor attitude because nothing they do results in playing time. If T Reed is a better DB than all the DB's (high school and JUCO) recruited in the last 3 years, every recruiter on this team should be fired! Not one DB on this team is better than the day they first stepped on the field at Auburn, and no new faces ever see the field regardless of how pathetic the usuals play. There is no accountability for penalties, fumbles, dropped passes, blown coverages, and especially missed tackles because of poor fundimentals. I might continue to give up 500 yards a game but it would be with guys doing what I DEMANDED with whatever abilities they have. But this staff continues to play the same undisciplined players. When a staff plays favorites, bad attitudes spread like wildfire. This may not be happening, but I wouldn't bet against it. And this lies at the feet of CGM. Whatever is going on, I don't believe for one second that it is just X's and O's.

I don't know if any of you have ever seen what a team that does not have to EARN playing time looks like,but I have. And this one looks a lot like one.The starters continue to play regardless of how poorly they play, and the backups continue to have a poor attitude because nothing they do results in playing time. If T Reed is a better DB than all the DB's (high school and JUCO) recruited in the last 3 years, every recruiter on this team should be fired! Not one DB on this team is better than the day they first stepped on the field at Auburn, and no new faces ever see the field regardless of how pathetic the usuals play. There is no accountability for penalties, fumbles, dropped passes, blown coverages, and especially missed tackles because of poor fundimentals. I might continue to give up 500 yards a game but it would be with guys doing what I DEMANDED with whatever abilities they have. But this staff continues to play the same undisciplined players. When a staff plays favorites, bad attitudes spread like wildfire. This may not be happening, but I wouldn't bet against it. And this lies at the feet of CGM. Whatever is going on, I don't believe for one second that it is just X's and O's.

SO SO True, felt like this a while. No team work. 2012 all over.

Be careful, u will be blasted for telling the truth

They may be taking this "Family" stuff a little too far. I thought they might have been playing favorites some last year too, but I was hoping I was wrong. Still do.

Apparently you need to watch 2012 season again. 3-8 vs 8-4. one is not like the other smh

It not about win and losses. It's about attitude and team work! We could be 6 and 4 right now if not for a little luck.

Glad to see Johnson in the game, but half a season and half a defense to late! Maybe we can establish a passing game next year and the receivers will catch the ball from a consistent passer. Tonight has been a total embarrassment to the Auburn program from every coach and every player that did not play with the needed intensity.

Archived