Ellis Johnson

Ed_

I heard Coach Dye say once that everybody wants to start off where they left off the year before. But you start where you STARTED the year before, because every team is different. I worried about the "13" seconds thing because of that. Maybe Gus will learn if I'm right.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were the second team DB, LB, or LT you would have to be asking yourself " What in the world do I have to do to get a shot?" What do these starters have to do to lose playing time? And if all those DB's and LB's on this roster are that @$@# bad, Auburn football is headed for some of the worst years in our history.

I heard Coach Dye say once that everybody wants to start off where they left off the year before. But you start where you STARTED the year before, because every team is different. I worried about the "13" seconds thing because of that. Maybe Gus will learn if I'm right.

He does reference last year way too much. Different team, different time, different everything. Living in the past.

Here's to hoping that Spurrier will steal Ellis Johnson away after he fires his defensive coordinator at the end of the year. I would love to get Muschamp and T-Rob back on the plains!

I remember reading earlier this year Tre Williams playing time had diminished because he made too many mistakes. If this defense were not so pathetic that would be funny.I will say tonight the defense had help from the offense and special teams making this a total team cluster.....

Did I dream this, or wasn't there a lot of talk about Moncrief being such a great player on defense? HAs he played many snaps at all? I never hear his name called on a play.

Gameday just picked Georgia unanimous. They all bashed our D. "Auburn can't tackle." -Desmond Howard.

Good summation by Desmond I'd say.

I remember reading earlier this year Tre Williams playing time had diminished because he made too many mistakes. If this defense were not so pathetic that would be funny.I will say tonight the defense had help from the offense and special teams making this a total team cluster.....

Evidently the offense felt it wasn't holding down its end in recent games and tried harder to share in the blame...

Evidently the offense felt it wasn't holding down its end in recent games and tried harder to share in the blame...

That's mighty generous of them! ^-^

Did I dream this, or wasn't there a lot of talk about Moncrief being such a great player on defense? HAs he played many snaps at all? I never hear his name called on a play.

You never hear any different names. It's always the same ones making the same mistakes play after play, game after game. If the coaches are not playing favorites, our back up defensive players must REALLY be bad. And if our coaches are playing favorites, our back ups must really be pissed. You think Bassent, Roberts, Williams, and Ruffin are having second thoughts about signing day?!?

I remember when my son played and the d was getting gashed for a long period. At what point of the gashing is your second team better than your first simply because they are fresh? I still wonder.

Go for Coach Boom. Him and Gus on the side lines would be excellent. He doesn't allow weakness on defense and the players love playing for him.

Boom probably won't come back to AU ever again as a DC. I think FL will give him another year anyway.

Watching Spurrier laugh at his former employee's defense told me all I needed to know about ol' Ellis. You didn't see him going for it on 4th and dammit on Boom today.

Something tells me the Head Ball Coach went golfing with a giant grin on his face when they parted company.

Gus has a decision to make. I hate seeing a man not given a fair chance to prove himself, but I genuinely think Ellis can't hack it. With the defense floundering like it is he ought to be on the sidelines. Something. Anything.

Archived