Down but not out?

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will lose to UGA and bam a. Our team isn't man enough to play with either of them. Proved that today in spades.

Now we can play like we have nothing to lose. That's what the last few teams to enter JHS have been playing like and has been successful. We can play loose now.

It looked like we were pretty loose tonight. LOL

we need Bama to beat Mississippi State too

I'm sorry but, I'd rather MSU win.

I won't comment on the loss, it speaks for itself.

Looking ahead-

If Auburn wins out

If Ole Miss and Bama beat State

If Bama loses tonight

We're back in the SEC title game. To me, being SEC champs still matters

Don't count anything out. The SEC is going to finish crazy.

I don't think we can hold either UGA or UAT below 40 points, and they are both good enough on defense to keep us from scoring that much. We are lookin' 8-4 and a minor bowl right in the face.

Looking ahead-

If Auburn wins out

If Bama loses tonight

I don't think we can hold either UGA or UAT below 40 points, and they are both good enough on defense to keep us from scoring that much. We are lookin' 8-4 and a minor bowl right in the face.

I hate to admit it but you're probably right. 9-3 best case.......

Looking ahead-

If Auburn wins out

If Bama loses tonight

Agreed but you are probably going to get ridiculed for being negative on here.

Looking ahead-

If Auburn wins out

If Bama loses tonight

How dare you? you...you... realist!!!

Looking ahead-

If Auburn wins out

If Bama loses tonight

In the real world i agree Mikey. But in my dream world if we can flop around and lose to A&M at home, uga can do the same flop and lose to us. Auburn will play better at uga than they did today. There was alot of standing around on both sides of the ball during the first half. As for the Iron bowl...

I believe if AU wins out, Miss St gets beat by Bama and Ole Miss, there would be a 4 way tie with all 4 teams having 2 losses. AU beating Bama and Ole Miss (losing to A&M and MSU) 10-2 (6-2), Bama beating MSU (losing to Ole Miss and AU) 10-2 (6-2), and Ole Miss beating MSU(losing to AU and LSU) 10-2 (6-2), and then of course MSU at 10-2 (6-2). All teams losses coming inside the west, thats one confusing scenario. If we play like we did last night, we will get throttled in the 2 of the next 3 games, but I have hope that this team will step up and play like they are capable of. War Eagle!

I believe if AU wins out, Miss St gets beat by Bama and Ole Miss, there would be a 4 way tie with all 4 teams having 2 losses. AU beating Bama and Ole Miss (losing to A&M and MSU) 10-2 (6-2), Bama beating MSU (losing to Ole Miss and AU) 10-2 (6-2), and Ole Miss beating MSU(losing to AU and LSU) 10-2 (6-2), and then of course MSU at 10-2 (6-2). All teams losses coming inside the west, thats one confusing scenario. If we play like we did last night, we will get throttled in the 2 of the next 3 games, but I have hope that this team will step up and play like they are capable of. War Eagle!

In the case of the four-way tie you described, the first tie breaker is how each team did in head to head within the four. We would have:

AU at 2-1

OM at 2-1

UAT at 1-2

MSU at 1-2

Thus, the first tie breaker eliminates MSU and UAT, leaving AU and OM in contention for Atlanta. Now, AU holds the head to head over OM, so AU goes. It's possible, just not probable unless our defense perks up and Ole Miss finds a way to beat MSU without having Treadwell.

PS: In order to avoid charges of plagiarism, credit to AUBritt for digging up that four-way tie info.

We are "out" whether we care to admit it or not. Since the LSU game we have not played the caliber football to justify being considered for the playoff and got the loss yesterday to seal it. We can hope to win out, which seems unlikely, but even then I doubt we'd make the playoff. That's just reality.

We are "out" whether we care to admit it or not. Since the LSU game we have not played the caliber football to justify being considered for the playoff and got the loss yesterday to seal it. We can hope to win out, which seems unlikely, but even then I doubt we'd make the playoff. That's just reality.

It's not about the playoff anymore, it's about finishing strong. Those men know what they need to do.

Even following an upset loss, Auburn's toughest schedule in the SEC and nation now potentially works to AU's advantage. If the Tigers did not have the tough schedule there would be no way to make it to #4. Win out and you still have a chance. Some of teams ahead of Auburn will lose. There will be more upsets. AU has to play at a higher level and will need help from Alabama and Ole Miss but getting to #4 is not impossible at 10-2 or 11-2. The resume would include 4 road wins over ranked teams. This is the advantage of playing a tough schedule.

Realistically? We're out of playoff contention. Bouncing back against UGA and UAT however is just as sweet. Those are good teams and winning out is not a consolation prize.

We have an outside chance of winning the SEC West assuming we take care of business. That would mean both Bama and Ole Miss beating Mississippi. With Ole Miss top receive out I don't think they can generate enough offense to beat Miss State. Bama is beatable by Auburn and Miss State and Bama can beat Auburn and Miss State. Bama is not a very good team this year should have lost to Arky and to LSU but found a way to win. We have the talent to beat them handily but only if we play to our capability.

I am completely confounded by our D at times like K-State, Second half against A&M, LSU we look like we can play D then at other times we look so bad I have to watch my language around my wife and kids.

I think we can win out but then there are to many other pieces that have to work out the odds are against us big time.

Archived