Pulling for bammer this weekend

TitanTiger

Actually, it's not pulling for bammer. I'm pulling for Auburn, which involves MSU needing to lose twice. Since they won't be losing to Vandy, it's got to be bammer and Old Mrs. If that happens, and we can force a four way tie between MSU, us, bammer and Old Mrs by winning out, we win the tiebreakers and go to the SEC Championship Game. It's really our only shot at making the playoffs with two losses. And even if we miss out on the playoffs, we still can win the SEC.

So I'll hold my nose and pull for the enemy because it helps us.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Well, we need them to win, anyway.

In fact, I think it has to be Bama and Ole Miss that beat Miss State (them losing to Bama and Vandy won't put us in, even if we win out). I could be wrong, but I think this is the case.

I certainly won't be yelling RTR. But for us to win the SECW, Bama must win this game.

I understand the reasoning, but I just can't do it. If they win, they win - but I can't pull for them.

Then you hate bama more than you love Auburn. I want whatever is best for Auburn and right now, unfortunately, it's bama beating MSU.

I just wish we already knew the outcome of the Ole Miss v. Miss St. game. I'd hate to pull for bama just to have Miss St. end up winning the egg bowl.

I'll just try to look at this weekend as a win-win. Either our chances stay alive or bama loses.

Yep. Well, we need them to win, anyway.

In fact, I think it has to be Bama and Ole Miss that beat Miss State (them losing to Bama and Vandy won't put us in, even if we win out). I could be wrong, but I think this is the case.

I certainly won't be yelling RTR. But for us to win the SECW, Bama must win this game.

That is exactly the scenario.

As for me, I'm not rooting for Bama this week, but I'm certainly not rooting against them either.

I understand the reasoning, but I just can't do it. If they win, they win - but I can't pull for them.

Then you hate bama more than you love Auburn. I want whatever is best for Auburn and right now, unfortunately, it's bama beating MSU.

Don't hate them, just will not cheer for them, even if it "hurts" Auburn. Auburn needs to take care of itself and not need for Bama to "help" Auburn. A Bama win helps Bama, not Auburn.

Don't hate them, just will not cheer for them, even if it "hurts" Auburn. Auburn needs to take care of itself and not need for Bama to "help" Auburn. A Bama win helps Bama, not Auburn.

Well, that's just false. Bama beating Miss State this weekend most definitely helps Auburn.

You're not very good at logic.

Your reasoning skills need work.

Short-term (mathematically speaking), yes, but I'm speaking long-term. Auburn needs to help itself and not rely on Bama (or others). The short-term fix is part of the problem.

I have to pull for MSU because I don't want bama to have a chance of making the SEC championship game. If I felt like we had a legit shot at making the playoffs I'd see the point.

We do. And it really isn't that far fetched:

1. I think we are perfectly capable of beating UGA and bama.

2. I think if MSU loses to bama, they could very well lose to Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.

If those two things happen, one of two scenarios comes into play:

-- A four-way tie at the top between us, MSU, Ole Miss, and bama. In that situation, we win the tie-breakers and go to Atlanta where we can at least win an SEC championship. But I also think it will be hard to keep an SEC champion, even with two losses out of the playoff. In that situation i think the four playoff teams would be FSU, Oregon or Arizona St., Big 12 or Big 10 Champ and Auburn. But again, even if we missed out, we still won the SEC which is a big frickin deal.

-- A three way tie at the top between us, MSU and Bama. In that situation, the tie breaker ends up dropping all the way down to a win over the best team in the other division. That most likely ends up being our win over Georgia, though in some scenarios it could be Florida. But otherwise, same situation as above.

So, look at it this way: pull for MSU to lose. Forget about who's playing them. Just know that two MSU losses help Auburn.

Short-term (mathematically speaking), yes, but I'm speaking long-term. Auburn needs to help itself and not rely on Bama (or others). The short-term fix is part of the problem.

MSU winning doesn't help us long-term either. It's immaterial. Winning an SEC Championship and making a case for the playoff helps us short and long term.

MSU winning doesn't help us long-term either. It's immaterial. Winning an SEC Championship and making a case for the playoff helps us short and long term.

I never said MSU winning helps Auburn. I want Auburn to win out and whatever happen, happens.

I never said MSU winning helps Auburn. I want Auburn to win out and whatever happen, happens.

You admitted that MSU losing and us forcing a four-way tie helps us short term, but said you're thinking long-term. So how does MSU not losing twice and forcing a four way tie help us long term? I don't even think you can follow your own logic.

That's a nice scenario but, we need to fix our problems on defense first. Because if that's not addressed, uga and uat will have a field day on our d.

That's a nice scenario but, we need to fix our problems on defense first. Because if that's not addressed, uga and uat will have a field day on our d.

Of course we need to take care of our own business. But taking care of our own business alone won't result in a shot at a championship of any kind.

This^^ . If we handle our own house we wouldn't have to worry about what goes on at someone else's. Go Moo-state!!

Archived