Pulling for bammer this weekend

TitanTiger

We controlled our own destiny and wet the bed. I want MSU to go all the way.

For the love of God, this is just dumb. Yes we messed up and don't control our destiny. But we still have a chance to get in. It's idiotic to want to chuck that in the garbage over bammer.

Yea, I don't get it. AU can still get in!

I think it's just fine to have mixed feelings about this game, or to have trouble pulling for bammer. If you can do it...fine. If you can't...that's very understandable. The turds are so hard to take. It's not that difficult to see how hard it is, and it doesn't make anybody less intelligent or less of an AU fan.

Thank you.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the love of God, this is just dumb. Yes we messed up and don't control our destiny. But we still have a chance to get in. It's idiotic to want to chuck that in the garbage over bammer.

I think it's just fine to have mixed feelings about this game, or to have trouble pulling for bammer. If you can do it...fine. If you can't...that's very understandable. The turds are so hard to take. It's not that difficult to see how hard it is, and it doesn't make anybody less intelligent or less of an AU fan.

I get it being hard. I don't get not caring if Auburn's playoff and SEC title chances are killed.

I could be wrong but I detect a lack of certainty about Auburn winning out. That means the turds will be absolutely insufferable. That's the real issue. AU has not been completely dependable so I get that too.

Anyway it's a moot point now. Looks like bammer will probably win this one.

I get it being hard. I don't get not caring if Auburn's playoff and SEC title chances are killed.

I could be wrong but I think I detect a lack of confidence in Auburn winning out. That means the turds will be absolutely insufferable. That's the real issue.

THIS! I don't have much confidence in our defense right now.

Alabama is beatable at home....you have to be patient and transfer the pressure over to their side. Sims is the big out for them so far this season. Kid plays.....

And...I am not an idiot.

And...I am not an idiot.

Didn't say you were. Non-idiots can say idiotic things from time to time. :)

The D is a lost cause. I just want the offense to get their heads out of their asses and play like we know they can. If they do, we're in any game.

Agreed, they made Jeremy Pruitt look great tonight

Now you understand why I was pulling for MSU. I had a feeling that this was coming. We have went backwards in every phase of the game. The offense is the only part of the team that has potential to make improvements or at least match the effort in previous games. Even the playcalling is suspect at times. We call a deep pass that requires a spectacular catch when it is third and two. We run off tackle when it is third and 17. I don't understand the thinking behind that kind of play calling.

And that is why you NEVER pull for Alabama

Yep.

I could really care less who wins at this point, our season is done. Maybe I just hate alabama less than you guys do

Now you understand why I was pulling for MSU. I had a feeling that this was coming. We have went backwards in every phase of the game. The offense is the only part of the team that has potential to make improvements or at least match the effort in previous games. Even the playcalling is suspect at times. We call a deep pass that requires a spectacular catch when it is third and two. We run off tackle when it is third and 17. I don't understand the thinking behind that kind of play calling.

I think CGM was trying to make the offense catch a spark somewhere and get moving again. A spectacular catch could've done that. It's happened before for him. Just not tonight.

I think CGM was trying to make the offense catch a spark somewhere and get moving again. A spectacular catch could've done that. It's happened before for him. Just not tonight.

The logical thing to do is get a first down sometimes when he calls a deep pass. I have seen it on more than one occasion.

And that is why you NEVER pull for Alabama

Yep.

I could really care less who wins at this point, our season is done. Maybe I just hate alabama less than you guys do

I've said it before but I will say it again. I don't "hate" bammer. I hold them in complete contempt and total disdain. They are a large part of what's wrong with college football.

The logical thing to do is get a first down sometimes when he calls a deep pass. I have seen it on more than one occasion.

I agree with you....but that's Gus. We as fans have to take the good with the bad.

I am just glad Mullen and his pups were taken down a few notches today. I hate bammer fans but I hate Mullen more than Saban, not by much but just a smidgeon. Saban is a tiny troll who yells at people petulantly and wears loafers without socks (he is no Don Johnson and the 80s are over) but Mullen is a lying sociopath with a smirk to match. Then there is Dillon Day.' Glad they lost but also that it was just by 5 points.

I agree with you....but that's Gus. We as fans have to take the good with the bad.

I do not see enough good to make that kind of play calling worth it and it is so frustrating to watch most of the time. Oh well.

I do not see enough good to make that kind of play calling worth it and it is so frustrating to watch most of the time. Oh well.

I live in the present. Plus, we had a great QB in 2010 and a better wideout. Last year we had the power of a pass rush at times and the element of Gus being a new head coach and surprising people. Play calling has to evolve and change. A great call executed perfectly every now and then is great but more is needed.

Archived