Pulling for bammer this weekend

TitanTiger

We aren't talking about what the team is concerned about, we're talking about what needs to happen for Auburn to have a chance to reach its goals. Wanting Auburn to win out is a given if you're an Auburn fan. But if we want to also be able to win a title of any sort, we need some help, starting with MSU losing twice. Since Vandy will not be doing that, it falls to Ole Miss and bama to do it for us. Simple as that. So, yes, we need bama to knock off MSU this weekend. It's unfortunate we're in this position, but it is what must happen.

Only works if we beat uga and uat. I understand that's why u would root for the turds. The problem I have and probably most on here, don't believe we will be able to get it done with this defense. I haven't seen anything post LSU, that will convince me other wise that AU can win either game.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the reasoning, but I just can't do it. If they win, they win - but I can't pull for them.

Then you hate bama more than you love Auburn. I want whatever is best for Auburn and right now, unfortunately, it's bama beating MSU.

Don't hate them, just will not cheer for them, even if it "hurts" Auburn. Auburn needs to take care of itself and not need for Bama to "help" Auburn. A Bama win helps Bama, not Auburn.

This^^ . If we handle our own house we wouldn't have to worry about what goes on at someone else's. Go Moo-state!!

Thank you, someone understands!

Someone else understands bad logic? Congrats.

The "if we handled our business" stuff doesn't matter. We didn't. But despite that, we still have a chance to win an SEC title at the least, with a shot at the playoff if we win the SEC. But the only way that happens is if MSU loses twice. They aren't losing to Vandy so it's got to be bama and Ole Miss.

I want Auburn to have every chance to win titles. Apparently your rival losing means more to you than that. Weird, but ok.

Now, you're using bad logic to make a personal assumption. Look, lets just agree to disagree.

War Eagle!!!

Agreed, we handle our own business which was aTm we wouldn't be needing to be bama fans on Saturday. Seccg is out of reach, but playoffs were within reach if we had played some damn defense against aTm! Still have a bad taste in my mouth from that Embarrassing performance on d. Now had we won, it would have been a little more tolerant to root for that school. Right now? Hell no

Still would've needed Miss St to lose at least twice to make it to the SECCG even if we had beaten a&m. Bama would have 3 if they lost to Miss St and AU and OM would have 2 losses if they won, Ole Miss would have 3 and Bama 2 if it was vice versa so that would disqualify them from a tiebreaker with 11-1 Miss St and 11-1 auburn which Miss St would win the head to head. Miss St could easily drop those two games, and auburn could easily man up and take UGA and Bama. AU has won games with bad D before and as long as it isn't the same/worse as last saturday then we have a good shot. Im not one to say it usually but I have a little feeling that things are going to fall into place in our favor. Biggest order of business, Beat UGA!

War Eagle

Man I wish I had that same feeling, but it left out of the window after we played ole ball coach. I knew then we were in trouble after that defensive performance

I will not pull for bammer this weekend. I have to remain consistent in that I never pull for them. I do not plan to start this weekend. No can do!!

WDE!

You have to admit that sound more like something a bammer would do though....you'd rather your own school chances of maybe winning the conference be wiped away before you pull for another rival.....that's bammer logic all day

You have to admit that sound more like something a bammer would do though....you'd rather your own school chances of maybe winning the conference be wiped away before you pull for another rival.....that's bammer logic all day

How old are you? Some of us grew up in a different time. Pulling for the turds is a very, very rare thing to do. I respect some of their players but the program can tank for all some of us care. It's just a different set of priorities.......so what? It's our choice.

I grew up in the 70s during the darkest time for Auburn football. There's no one on this board that can make a claim of experiencing anything worse than the gloating of the dumb bammers during that 9-game losing streak. I still don't loathe them enough to hope they lose even if it kills Auburn's chances at a championship.

I'm not first and foremost an anti-Bama fan. I'm for AUBURN first and foremost.

We aren't talking about what the team is concerned about, we're talking about what needs to happen for Auburn to have a chance to reach its goals. Wanting Auburn to win out is a given if you're an Auburn fan. But if we want to also be able to win a title of any sort, we need some help, starting with MSU losing twice. Since Vandy will not be doing that, it falls to Ole Miss and bama to do it for us. Simple as that. So, yes, we need bama to knock off MSU this weekend. It's unfortunate we're in this position, but it is what must happen.

Only works if we beat uga and uat. I understand that's why u would root for the turds. The problem I have and probably most on here, don't believe we will be able to get it done with this defense. I haven't seen anything post LSU, that will convince me other wise that AU can win either game.

And I say we win them both. Until proven otherwise, I want our possibilities wide open. I concede NOTHING.

How old are you? Some of us grew up in a different time. Pulling for the turds is a very, very rare thing to do. I respect some of their players but the program can tank for all some of us care. It's just a different set of priorities.......so what? It's our choice.

I don't care what your choice is, it doesn't matter to me at all. I'm just pointing out how the humor and how ironic this situation is and if you stereotyped a fan base this situation sounds more like a bammer. I'm not passing judgement.

But you asking me how old am I while making the decision you're making is ironic as well. You think you are making a mature decision? And I'm 27 btw

I grew up in the 70s during the darkest time for Auburn football. There's no one on this board that can make a claim of experiencing anything worse than the gloating of the dumb bammers during that 9-game losing streak. I still don't loathe them enough to hope they lose even if it kills Auburn's chances at a championship.

U must really have a big heart to tolerate rooting even 10% for them

U must really have a big heart to tolerate rooting even 10% for them

I'm not pulling for them out of any part of my heart feeling for them. I'm, in reality, pulling for Auburn. It just so happens that Auburn's best interests coincide with them taking out MSU. MSU is an obstacle to AU and Bama just happens to be one of the two that we need to take them out.

To think that someone is less of a fan for not wanting bama win is comical. I grew up 10 miles from bryant denny and in no way shape or form will i cheer for the tide.

What's comical is that you see no problem cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Can't pull for bama. Might try to be disinterested. We're not going to win the west, or anything else for that matter, not unless we stop f*ing up every chance tht comes our way.

No! Besides needing to win out, we need miss state to lose to 2 SEC west teams for us to get into an SEC title game we then need to win. Miss state beats Bama we have zero playoff chance. And fwiw, the things that have to happen for us to be final 4 are NOT preposterous. Starting with Miami beating FSU this weekend.

Agree that florida state losing is possible. If they fall asleep again in the first half then I think Duke johnson can carry the canes to victory.

Im not pulling for either. Im watching in hopes of it working out in our favor. I do think bammer wins but msu beats ole miss. I will not get too wound up either way. Like mentioned earlier if our defense doesn't grow up quick we lose two more.

No! Besides needing to win out, we need miss state to lose to 2 SEC west teams for us to get into an SEC title game we then need to win. Miss state beats Bama we have zero playoff chance. And fwiw, the things that have to happen for us to be final 4 are NOT preposterous. Starting with Miami beating FSU this weekend.

Agree that florida state losing is possible. If they fall asleep again in the first half then I think Duke johnson can carry the canes to victory.

Well that falling asleep wasn't just bad play it seems as though it was by design.

If you are pulling for bama to win you're pulling for them to win the SECW and go to the playoff. Let's face it folks, Auburn is NOT going to win the west no matter what. This team has NO D. We're getting worse every game.

Would you rather Miss St win the SEC and go to the playoff or bama? I'd rather Miss St go. It's been a long time coming for them and they deserve it.

If you are pulling for bama to win you're pulling for them to win the SECW and go to the playoff. Let's face it folks, Auburn is NOT going to win the west no matter what. This team has NO D. We're getting worse every game.

Would you rather Miss St win the SEC and go to the playoff or bama? I'd rather Miss St go. It's been a long time coming for them and they deserve it.

That's why I don't believe we win out anyway; no defense, period.

I look at this game as a win win situation. If bammer wins, then AU still has SEC championship hope and I'm happy. If MSU wins, then bammer lost and I still have something to be happy about.

Archived