Pulling for bammer this weekend

TitanTiger

I don't care if it would grant Auburn national championships every year in perpetuity, I won't pull for Bammer. If they win and it helps AU great but if they lose....even better. War Damn Eagle.

Ok, now this is just stupid

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if it would grant Auburn national championships every year in perpetuity, I won't pull for Bammer. If they win and it helps AU great but if they lose....even better. War Damn Eagle.

This is Exhibit A for a person that hates bama more than they love Auburn.

It was said tongue in cheek. Don't ever question my love for Auburn-graduated from there (twice), have supported Auburn emotionally my entire and financially for a very long time. Try not to be so sanctimonious and people will take you more seriously.

It was said tongue in cheek. Don't ever question my love for Auburn-graduated from there (twice), have supported Auburn emotionally my entire and financially for a very long time. Try not to be so sanctimonious and people will take you more seriously.

A. It's not as if this sentiment hasn't been expressed in total seriousness dozens of times already. Tongue in cheek doesn't translate well in print.

B. I don't know you from Adam's house cat, so I can only go by what you post. Based on that, and the fact that sarcasm is much less obvious without being able to see facial expressions or hear your voice, I had ever reason to question your love for Auburn compared to your hatred of bama.

The illogical thing is to think that who any of us pulls for has any bearing on the outcome of the game. Who I pull for is irrelevant to anyone except me. I hope that things fall in place for us to make the playoffs and win another Natty. That being said, I will be pulling for Auburn to win on Saturday and I will be pulling for UAT to lose on Saturday. I enjoy pulling for Auburn. I enjoy pulling against Alabama.

Now, if Mike Slive comes up to me and tells me that I get to choose the winner of the UAT-MSU game then I certainly will consider gifting the win to UAT since it helps AU win the SEC. But, even if I get to choose the winner, I will still pull against UAT. Please explain how I am being illogical.

If I had complete confidence that our dcoordinator can design a defense with a pulse to win out, I wouldn't have no problem rooting for the turds if it would help AU. Problem is, I don't

The illogical thing is to think that who any of us pulls for has any bearing on the outcome of the game. Who I pull for is irrelevant to anyone except me. I hope that things fall in place for us to make the playoffs and win another Natty. That being said, I will be pulling for Auburn to win on Saturday and I will be pulling for UAT to lose on Saturday. I enjoy pulling for Auburn. I enjoy pulling against Alabama.

Now, if Mike Slive comes up to me and tells me that I get to choose the winner of the UAT-MSU game then I certainly will consider gifting the win to UAT since it helps AU win the SEC. But, even if I get to choose the winner, I will still pull against UAT. Please explain how I am being illogical.

you just explained it yourself.

When I look at the logic used, I understand what he is saying. I look at this logic as if bama wins it puts AU in a better standing with the SECCG. However, it does nothing to help AU. AU has to help themselves by putting a D on the field that can stop someone and hang on to the ball.

If this calls into question my loyalty to AU then so be it. If AU takes care of business, we don't need our rival to HELP us. We have two potent offenses (when clicking) to face and our D has to improve or it won't matter who wins the MSU/Bama game. Just my $.02.

When I look at the logic used, I understand what he is saying. I look at this logic as if bama wins it puts AU in a better standing with the SECCG. However, it does nothing to help AU. AU has to help themselves by putting a D on the field that can stop someone and hang on to the ball.

If this calls into question my loyalty to AU then so be it. If AU takes care of business, we don't need our rival to HELP us. We have two potent offenses (when clicking) to face and our D has to improve or it won't matter who wins the MSU/Bama game. Just my $.02.

it's too late for auburn too take care of it's own business this season. Therefore we need help from bammer and ole miss. Actually the loss to anm only hurt our playoff hopes. We still needed to win out and miss st.lose 2. For the secwest. It can happen. Nobody hates bammer more than me but i want them to win this one. If they lose we can blame them for screwing us .

If you can't see the difference between "selecting the winner of the game" and "pulling for the winner of the game", then I can't help you.

If you can't see the difference between "selecting the winner of the game" and "pulling for the winner of the game", then I can't help you.

exactly. I need no help. On this universe one team wins the other loses. I doubt Mike slive will let anyone pick the winner so all we have left is to hope the the result of the game keeps our chances to repeat in atl alive. That means bammer,turds,rednecks,updykes,inbreds whatever we refer to them as can help us. If you want to pull for miss st go ahead i have no reason to stop you.

A. It's not as if this sentiment hasn't been expressed in total seriousness dozens of times already. Tongue in cheek doesn't translate well in print.

B. I don't know you from Adam's house cat, so I can only go by what you post. Based on that, and the fact that sarcasm is much less obvious without being able to see facial expressions or hear your voice, I had ever reason to question your love for Auburn compared to your hatred of bama.

I assumed hyperbole would be easily recognized,but seeing some of the other posts on this board your point is taken. I will attempt appropriate emoji utilization for clarification in the future.

exactly. I need no help. On this universe one team wins the other loses. I doubt Mike slive will let anyone pick the winner so all we have left is to hope the the result of the game keeps our chances to repeat in atl alive. That means bammer,turds,rednecks,updykes,inbreds whatever we refer to them as can help us. If you want to pull for miss st go ahead i have no reason to stop you.

And on this universe it will make no difference whether any of us pulls for UAT or MSU. So pull for the one that make you happy, but don't assume that you are a better fan because which team you pull for.

And on this universe it will make no difference whether any of us pulls for UAT or MSU. So pull for the one that make you happy, but don't assume that you are a better fan because which team you pull for.

ha. I dont assume i am a better fan at all. I do think i am a more logical fan. Or maybe i understand the implications better. Lol. You are 100% correct we have no influence on the outcome.

ha. I dont assume i am a better fan at all. I do think i am a more logical fan. Or maybe i understand the implications better. Lol. You are 100% correct we have no influence on the outcome.

You are cracking me up! If, as you say, who we pull for makes no difference then how is pulling for one team more logical than pulling for the other. The implications for pulling for either team ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

You are cracking me up! If, as you say, who we pull for makes no difference then how is pulling for one team more logical than pulling for the other. The implications for pulling for either team ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.

LOL. Im cracking you up? You say if you could pick the winner it would be bammer but you dont want them to win. then kick the word "logic" around? By the way i am just having fun here. Don't get mad. This is probably the first time in 22 years(that i recall) i have pulled for bammer myself.

+1

Bear in mind that for Auburn to have a chance to win t eh west Ole Miss will have to beat Miss St. With all the injuries Ole Miss has suffered that seems hardly likely.

Where do I fit in on the Auburn Fans personality test if I say...

I am wanting Miss State to have an awful showing and could care less if they ever win another SEC game this year. I hope they lose this Saturday by a score of 3 to 2!!!

Last season, as the reality of us possibly playing for a national title, began to crystalize, I didn't care about that. It was around the Georgia game. We were 3-9 the year b4 and we were playing at an unbelievable level with that in mind. I just wanted to win the next game, and that was all that mattered to me. I didn't want the unbelievable turnaround to suddenly become fraudulent. Win we did all the way to Pasadena. If Mich St. didn't beat ohio st., we wouldn't have gone. I still would have cherished that season. If we win out, you better believe I will cherish this season whether or not we plAy for a championship or not....if we keep winning....if we keep getting better. Championships are so hard to win in our league, in our conference, in our division. We won't win them everytime we are capable, but if we continue the trajectory we are on, we will be one of the perennial powerhouses in the NCAA, and we will be number1 again sooner than later. WDE!

Bear in mind that for Auburn to have a chance to win t eh west Ole Miss will have to beat Miss St. With all the injuries Ole Miss has suffered that seems hardly likely.

Bear in mind that MSU almost got beaten by Kentucky and Arkansas. We spotted them 21 points and still were in the game with 5 minutes left. They are a good team, but they are not great, and they have enjoyed a lot of good fortune to be where they are. Also bear in mind that the Egg Bowl is in Oxford. MSU is a much different team when they don't have their cowbells a'clangin'.

Archived