2015 4* DE Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr. commits to AU!

TexasTiger

Nothing from auburn YET...... This was the update I got just now:

He's gotten about 14 offers. Ohio State and South Carolina are the most recent..

Are these commitable offers or just letters of

interest from these schools?

I am with Tinman. I have doubt these are commitable offers or offers at all. Just some question on the fact that a young man has played organized football for 5 months in a small private school league and now has 14 offers from major programs? Something doesn't feel right about that.

We did the exact same thing with Westry. Westry has natural raw talent, therefore we offered him and he will be a project when he gets on the plains. Tega is the same story except he plays on the DL. Am I right or completely off here?

We offered Westry after he camped at AU.

Right, but was it not said when he committed he would be a project at CB?

Some have said that, but the coaches assessed him in person and decided he warranted an offer. No coach has publicly called him a project.

Agreed. Most people think because of his size and he is a three star then he is a project. We'll see

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Often recruits get confused by the terminology and think they can commit if they want to. I'd bet a dollar to a stale doughnut that the above listed schools have not extended "committable offers". Probably what he has is letters of inquiry to judge his interest.

De'Runya Wilson did not have an offer list even remotely similar to what is claimed above. What he had was MSU and a conditional offer from Auburn, who wouldn't take him with the promise to let him play basketball, which is what Wilson demanded.

Not only does he have size but it looks like he has the speed too. No wonder he is getting offers. This from the article previously linked in this thread,

" "........Carr first noticed Junior’s full potential when he pitted him in a race against speedy running back Herman McKenzie. It was one he was not supposed to contend in.

“I put a kid in front of him, our running back with an offer from Oregon State, who runs 4.42 (in the 40-yard dash). I put him five yards in front of Tega and said, ‘when I blow the whistle, I want you to chase him.’ I wanted to get a good time on him,” he said. “And he caught him at the 35 yard-line and grabbed him. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life, it’s crazy.”

1450490.jpg

Junior towering over another teammate

Many have noticed, as Les Miles, Charlie Strong and many other who’s who coaches have been able to speak to the rising star on the phone. Alabama and Auburn are interested, but Tennessee, Kentucky, Arizona State, Illinois, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and others are on the early offer list. Unofficial visits were made both to Vanderbilt and Auburn to this point. With the Edgewood coaching staff in shock at the rate of the attention, the verb would have to be overwhelmed for the player himself. " "

http://recruiting.sc...CLV3os.facebook

I say we offer the young man. I would venture to guess we've probably offered players with greater "uncertainties" than this one.

He's in the class of 2016. There's time .

I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything else. My brother has been instructed to "keep me posted" with any news from Auburn. tega knows he has a lot to still learn and is working hard. I can only imagine how good he's going to be with another year of learning and practice. I can't wait to watch him on the plains in a couple of years (I know, wishful thinking. But I can dream ;)/>)

I say we offer the young man. I would venture to guess we've probably offered players with greater "uncertainties" than this one.

I sure missed the 2016 information. That puts a completely different slant on things. No need to get all worked up right now.

I sure missed the 2016 information. That puts a completely different slant on things. No need to get all worked up right now.

Typically a player with his ranking would have an offer:

http://247sports.com/Player/Prince-Tega-76487

Given that many offers have come in the last few weeks, I suspect our DC situation has slowed our process. I think WM will assess him pretty soon.

I had read where he is in the 2016 class, I just wonder if being one of the later schools to offer sometimes gives these kids a bad taste in their mouths towards those schools? I think like you've said, when Muschamp has had time to evaluate, things could change pretty quickly.

I say put him at d end and watch him became a top 10 pick

I say tight end. He will be like Leonard Pope, Georgia's former towering tight end, but more athletic. The problem is we already have a tight end committed for next year's class.

I say put him at d end and watch him became a top 10 pick

I say tight end. He will be like Leonard Pope, Georgia's former towering tight end, but more athletic. The problem is we already have a tight end committed for next year's class.

I thought that to then when I saw a pic of his frame...If he has a long reach I just figured he could probably impact the game more at d end but with those physical tools you probably can't miss either way

I had read where he is in the 2016 class, I just wonder if being one of the later schools to offer sometimes gives these kids a bad taste in their mouths towards those schools? I think like you've said, when Muschamp has had time to evaluate, things could change pretty quickly.

He is smart enough to know there is a coaching and philosophy change on defense, the fact that he visited Auburn already, is a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen this kid in person playing basketball for Edgewood when they killed my kids school lol. He looks like a grown man and looks way older than he is...very huge kid and very athletic. The game I saw he did have an attitude problem but all kids get ticked off sometimes. If his football skills are anything like his basketball skills he is good.

Archived