Georgia Game Report Card

StatTiger

I'm not saying that's what it is. I guess I'm just asking if kids really respond to criticism or see they even aware. I don't know. Something is going on though. Sigh.

I honestly think part of it is the tough schedule and the bye weeks being too early in the season and too close together. Mental and physical exhaustion has set in coupled with heart breaking losses. It's almost like the team is in shock.

...it will be ugly, especially if we lay down like we did tonight.

"We" did not lay down.

The defense continued to tackle poorly, not get any pass rush, miss assignments and generally play to less than their capabilities.

The offense was not balanced, predictably heavily slanted to the run and dropped some easy passes in obvious passing downs. Special teams dodged two big bullets early, but continued to misfire by punting poorly and not getting much out of the return game (when we did field kicks cleanly).

All of which are correctable. "We" played pretty poorly, but "we" did not lay down. Please know the difference.

...it will be ugly, especially if we lay down like we did tonight.

"We" did not lay down.

The defense continued to tackle poorly, not get any pass rush, miss assignments and generally play to less than their capabilities.

The offense was not balanced, predictably heavily slanted to the run and dropped some easy passes in obvious passing downs. Special teams dodged two big bullets early, but continued to misfire by punting poorly and not getting much out of the return game (when we did field kicks cleanly).

All of which are correctable. "We" played pretty poorly, but "we" did not lay down. Please know the difference.

Sorry but UGA is not that great… that is laying down that we couldn't move the ball on an inferior defense, and couldn't stop the run or pass on D. No improvement over the past few weeks. There was no improvement over the course of the game and saw absolutely no fire or attitude from the players. Yes we laid down, please know the difference

I feel like there's a lack of motivation or chemistry on our team. Perhaps it's just never shown on TV, but I always see the other teams getting pumped up on the sidelines while we're just sitting around emotionless whenever they show our team. We just don't seem excited to be there.

I'm betting you never played a competitive sport in your life. You've never been and there you have no idea. These kids are playing their guts out. Those kinds of comments me want to puke. Sitting your fat ass on the couch passing judgement on who's giving what kind of effort.

I'm betting you never played a competitive sport in your life. You've never been and there you have no idea. These kids are playing their guts out. Those kinds of comments me want to puke. Sitting your fat ass on the couch passing judgement on who's giving what kind of effort.

Ive actually been a part of 2 but nice try. I actually body build and live a fit life so nice try with the fat ass comment LOL

Total team collapse. Yes the season has been better but the performance tonight was 2012-esque. Serious regression over the last 5 games with simple fundamentals bad and getting worse (dumb penalties, really poor tackling, dropped balls-hell, you name it). Ready for the season to draw to a merciful close

LANGUAGE please!!!!

Ive actually been a part of 2 but nice try. I actually body build and live a fit life so nice try with the fat ass comment LOL

LANGUAGE please! LOL

I would never say the team gave up but it did "appear" late in the game that a couple of our DBs made an effort to avoid getting run over by those big UGa RBs in the open field...maybe my eyes playing tricks on me. :dunno: I'll watch again today and see.

I would never say the team gave up but it did "appear" late in the game that a couple of our DBs made an effort to avoid getting run over by those big UGa RBs in the open field...maybe my eyes playing tricks on me. :dunno: I'll watch again today and see.

no, your eyes are fine.....it was obvious that the DB's couldn't tackle because they didn't WANT to tackle the Georgia backs......it was a pisspoor effort on their part.....the question on my mind at the moment is,"why did they have good fundamentals and tackled well, plus defended pretty well, early in the season and now they look like just walked off a plane from Bulgaria and wandered on to the football field by mistake?"....like it or not, something is lurking in the background that splintered this team and coaches.....I have an idea, but it is just a guess concerning the recent suspension

After observing the TAM game I noted some “tanked performances” and posed the theory to others as to Whitehead’s suspension and the regression of the secondary. In the UGA game witnessed more “tanked performances” whereas it’s easy to observe in the upper tier level seating monitoring a play(er) especially as one develops or implodes. Years of scouting high school games and players helps one can pick up without game film which I hope to review the USC, TAM, and UGA games. Have noted a lack of mental focus in relation to routes, blocking, turn overs, special teams, and the defense not rally to the ball or end of the play demonstrating support of fellow players.

It seems last year this team came together and had the mind set of hanging in there until they could make some plays to turn it around. Ever since the State game it seems they are waiting are waiting for the worse to happen.

Archived