Muschamp out at Florida (MERGED)

WarTiger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just posted this with the espn link. Where did it go??

http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=11885343

It was deleted by mistake.

Yeah. I saw a double post and deleted one then apparently the other got deleted too.

I'm glad to know you did it. After I deleted mine I saw they were both gone and was thinking I deleted both. :)

So, let the rumors begin!! Is this Dan Mullins' job for the asking? This might be the best time for him to get out of StarkVegas. I'm sure there'll be no shortage of candidates. Will UF go after a head coach this time? Will Kirby Smart throw his name in the mix? Will UF come after Gus? This will be interesting, for sure.

They aren't going to hire any coordinators. It will be a HC from somewhere. I don't know how interested Foley would be in Mullen or if Mullen would want to go back there. I don't think they come after Gus and he isn't going there anyway. The only place Gus would voluntarily go would be to the NFL and I am not convinced he wants to go there.

According to Bruce Feldman, Foley is a big fan of Malzahn and he could see him making that call, but doubts Malzahn would make that move.

I don't think Mullen even gets a call from Foley. And if he did, I don't know if Mullen would take it. Didn't he and Foley have issues? Malzahn will get a call but he isn't going anywhere. But, you can look for a top level coach to take that job.

As for Muschamp coming to Auburn as DC. He may get a call, id Jacobs allows it, but but he will not take it or even discuss it. Too much bad blood between he and Jacobs. Besides Muschamp will get HC offers but not top level jobs.

Look for several changes on our staff.

Interesting. I thought our practice facilities were great, but the stadium does need some work.

Athletics Complex needs work ... from what I hear, Gus has been lobbying for a "Football Building" ...

Ok you just answered my question. I can see that.

It's most likely going to be a HC at a stepping stone type school.

People speculating Gus is just crazy. Reporters have no clue so they just stir the pot.

It's going to be someone like Freeze, Mullens, Stoops (Kentucky). Or whoever is at Ark St. (The revolving door stepping stone school. LOL)

I see Bob Stoops and Gary Patterson mentions but that ain't happening. Patterson is not going to leave TCU, he has been there for 14 years and built that program to where it is. They upgraded their stadium and facilities because of him. They would match Florida if it was about the money.

Muschamp was awesome for the defense at Auburn, why not? He is a known commodity at Auburn. Come on home Muschamp , we need ya. I remember him on the sidelines, the defense always played lights out for him. If he comes back, we will have the dream team at Auburn.

No he wasn't. The defense was good at Auburn while he was here because of Tuberville. Just like the defense was good when Muschamp was at lsu because of saban. Muschamp just isn't all that, IMO. He rode the coat tails of quality defensive minded head coaches and parlayed that into a head coaching job that he wasn't remotely qualified for.

I don't believe for one second that he would ever come back. I don't think he and Jacobs got along very well and from what I read muschamp didn't really like Auburn. I expect Muschamp to stay out of the game for a year and then end up as a head coach at a school in the AAC or Sun Belt.

Muschamp was awesome for the defense at Auburn, why not? He is a known commodity at Auburn. Come on home Muschamp , we need ya. I remember him on the sidelines, the defense always played lights out for him. If he comes back, we will have the dream team at Auburn.

No he wasn't. The defense was good at Auburn while he was here because of Tuberville. Just like the defense was good when Muschamp was at lsu because of saban. Muschamp just isn't all that, IMO. He rode the coat tails of quality defensive minded head coaches and parlayed that into a head coaching job that he wasn't remotely qualified for.

I don't believe for one second that he would ever come back. I don't think he and Jacobs got along very well and from what I read muschamp didn't really like Auburn. I expect Muschamp to stay out of the game for a year and then end up as a head coach at a school in the AAC or Sun Belt.

Florida's defenses have been the strength of the team the entire time he's been there. Offense sucked, but defense was solid to very, very good. And that was even at times when the offense literally could have played for the other team in terms of which side they actually helped.

Now whether or not he'd come back to Auburn, even if we had an opening, is another question and I've heard he and JJ didn't get along too. But I expect him not to take a HC gig next, but to step back like Kiffin and be a coordinator somewhere for 2 or 3 years to rebuild his resume, then look for another HC job.

I would love to see Travaris Robinson come back home and coach up our Cornerbacks

Now this is very reasonable to me. Hope it happens.

Would not shock me to see them go after Bob Stoops and Patterson

UF is a bigger program for sure but Patterson has been to TCU what Peterson was to Boise. I know Peterson finally changed and maybe UF is the type of job that will lure Patterson from TCU.

Muschamp's defenses at Texas were very good under Mack Brown who was more of an offense-leaning HC. He is a good DC, maybe because he served under Saban and Tuberville. It's very unlikely he'll return to Auburn, however.

If I were a betting man I would bet on Jim Harbaugh to UF.

I don't think he would go there. He might go back to Michigan. Barring that, he'll stay in the NFL.

But would he (Harbaugh) go to the Carolina Panthers?

On Muschamp, surely whatever issues he had with Jacobs are 7 years old at this point? I suspect they're both professional enough to bury the hatchet if the situation looks good. I don't know what Muschamp's evaluation of our talent would be, but a couple years of success at a high profile DC job like AU or TAMU would probably set him up to start getting mid-level HC job offers again, if that's what he wants.

Muschamp's defenses at Texas were very good under Mack Brown who was more of an offense-leaning HC. He is a good DC, maybe because he served under Saban and Tuberville. It's very unlikely he'll return to Auburn, however.

In 2008, Muschamp's first year as the Texas DC, his Defense was ranked 48th in total defense. Muschamp did improve them in the next two season up to 5th in Total Defense in both 2009 and 2010. Maybe, he isn't so bad. But he would not be offered the Auburn job nor would he accept it if offered.

Archived