Muschamp out at Florida (MERGED)

WarTiger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My choice for DC, if there is a change, is Jeremy Priutt. You get the DC and recuiter. Write him the check and trust that he will take care of the defense.

The main reason he left FSU for UGA was to be closer to his son who lives in that area. Money may not be everything. Actually, it is good to see,

He's that old?

Muschamp left Auburn because JJ promised him some game tickets and failed to deliver. The most successful coach in AU history, in any sport, was swimming's David Marsh. He left Auburn because JJ promised minor improvements to the swimming facility and then backed out. If JJ has promised Gus some upgrades that haven't happened, we well could see Gus leave for another job.

That having been said, Muschamp is a hothead and not suited for a head coaching job at AU, or at a lot of other places for that matter. I wouldn't want "Boom" back here in any capacity.

Muschamp left Auburn because JJ promised him some game tickets and failed to deliver. The most successful coach in AU history, in any sport, was swimming's David Marsh. He left Auburn because JJ promised minor improvements to the swimming facility and then backed out. If JJ has promised Gus some upgrades that haven't happened, we well could see Gus leave for another job.

That having been said, Muschamp is a hothead and not suited for a head coaching job at AU, or at a lot of other places for that matter. I wouldn't want "Boom" back here in any capacity.

If JJ lets Gus leave because he doesn't follow though on promised improvements, he may as well pack his bags too. He'll be the next one out the door but involuntarily.

If JJ lets Gus leave because he doesn't follow though on promised improvements, he may as well pack his bags too. He'll be the next one out the door but involuntarily.

He probably ought to be gone anyway. No one gets to continue running a publicly held business when you're $900K in the hole by way of bad decisions. If Auburn Baseball doesn't get it figured out in another year or two there will be another high dollar coach to buy out. How much do we still owe Tony Barbee?

He probably ought to be gone anyway. No one gets to continue running a publicly held business when you're $900K in the hole by way of bad decisions. If Auburn Baseball doesn't get it figured out in another year or two there will be another high dollar coach to buy out. How much do we still owe Tony Barbee?

It's way too early to tell about baseball. That program was a disaster when Galloway took over. They just don't have the players right now to be competitive and score runs without taking a lot of chances. They owe Barbee just under 2.5 million through 2017. He is currently on the staff at UK. Don't know his salary there so I would assume whatever they are paying him would reduce his buyout by that much.

The first step to not having a deficit every year is to hire better coaches! The second step is to stop putting ridiculous buyout clauses in coaches' contracts!

That is what got UTK in trouble.

Not if the President supports him

I am thinking David Gibbs would be a good option.

Anyone remember why Gibbs left after one year?

Some think he did not get along with Tuberville and the BBQ Gang. But he did go back to the NFL. So hopefully there are no hard feelings.

Well we are almost 1 million in the hole.right now If Gus leaves, the money situation won't be any better. They wouldn't ow him anything but there is the task of finding a replacement that can keep Auburn at a high level. JJ has come up big with Gus and Pearl but if he has to pick a new coach and it doesn't work out, then there is another buyout to add to the mix. It might make it a lot more difficult to find a winning coach if a man like Gus were to exit the scene for a second time. The excitement he's brought to the program will go down and the money will slow down as well. College presidents don't like to see money being wasted.

Put me in the camp that doesn't want muschamp. I didn't want him the first time he came to Auburn and don't want him back. I would be TOTALLY SHOCKED if he even considered coming back here (if we even pursued him). don't want him. besides, we don't even have an opening anyway.

+1 after the smarta$$ temper tantrum he threw before he left us for texas im in no hurry to see him back in auburn

Do not get me started on our current president!! Football at Auburn is mega important whether he thinks so or not!!

If Muschamp goes the DC route, would he be considered for an NFL job? I don't know if you could consider that a downgrade. However, I don't think he would fit in well with the NFL level players with his personality. Just a thought that has not been considered.

I don't think so. Has no prior NFL experience. Like you said that personality wouldn't go over real well.

I wonder if that is a possibility. He does have one year of NFL experience with Saban in Miami. He left the Dolphins to join the AU staff as DC.

If Muschamp goes the DC route, would he be considered for an NFL job? I don't know if you could consider that a downgrade. However, I don't think he would fit in well with the NFL level players with his personality. Just a thought that has not been considered.

I don't think so. Has no prior NFL experience. Like you said that personality wouldn't go over real well.

I wonder if that is a possibility. He does have one year of NFL experience with Saban in Miami. He left the Dolphins to join the AU staff as DC.

I didn't realize he had done that. I suppose anything is possible but I doubt it. Had it not been with Saban, he probably wouldn't have done that.

If would could get Muschamp as Defensive Coordinator, DJ Durkin as Linebacker Coach, and T-Rob as secondary coach with Muschamp's help, then we would have a dream team coaching staff!

I'd always heard there was an issue with Boom and Jacobs. I wouldn't think anything has changed there.

Shocker, I wonder who was at fault?

I'd always heard there was an issue with Boom and Jacobs. I wouldn't think anything has changed there.

Shocker, I wonder who was at fault?

Both. I don't remember all the details but it had something to do with his contract I think.

My Dad believed in black and white. No Gray in his world. If you promised him tickets, a dollar, or a dime, and backed out, he was through with you. At my age, I'm just like him, and if this is true, I like Muschamp more than I did before. What is money if your word is worthless?

All of Jacobs' problems with having falling outs with coaches and not following through on promises was before the Chizik debacle. I feel like Jacobs saw how close he was to losing his job, and has since showed dedication to making our athletics top notch. The facilities are improving, he went out and got Pearl. If Malzahn were to come to Jacobs and say...."I want to reach out to Muschamp and offer him the job"...I think Jacobs knows it's in the best interest of the football program to agree and patch things up with Muschamp. Therefore it's in his best interest

Archived