***Auburn vs. Alabama -- Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody seems to want to talk about of offensive problems...guess it's easier to get on Ellis than to suggest that the genius needs to work on a red zone game plan against good teams.

Like I said....that will still be CEJ's fault.

Eh...You ought to be able to make 36 points stand up. Yes, we should have punched at least a couple of those in for TDs, but you just shouldn't need to score 45 pts every week to win.

agree

OMG. The point is that it's not ALL on the defense. A win is a win no matter how it's done. If we had those points now we'd be winning. How hard is that to see? There were breakdowns on both sides.

im not arguing that, but its every single game for the defense. you score 42 points and lose - its the defense. anyone that knows anything about football knows that. to argue anything else is pure stupidity.

nobody seems to want to talk about of offensive problems...guess it's easier to get on Ellis than to suggest that the genius needs to work on a red zone game plan against good teams.

Eh...You ought to be able to make 36 points stand up. Yes, we should have punched at least a couple of those in for TDs, but you just shouldn't need to score 45 pts every week to win.

agree

OMG. The point is that it's not ALL on the defense. A win is a win no matter how it's done. If we had those points now we'd be winning. How hard is that to see? There were breakdowns on both sides.

True, but we scored 44 points and Marshall threw for over 457 yards. If we had a defense, that would be enough to win.

It makes me sick to know our seniors paid the price for ellis johnson's incompetence. War eagle to our guys. Gus knows what to do

agree

WRONG. It's all on the defense.

I agree. You can ask much more of an office in the Iron Bowl then we saw out of Auburn tonight. The defense looked poorly coached and inept.

agree

The main breakdown is defense though. No two ways about it. You can't require your offense to score 45-50 pts a game to win.

The offense scored 44 points. Yes there were breakdowns on both sides but if you score 44 points against Alabama, you should win. That is a fantastic performance by a great team. The defense was not bad, it was terrible. A below average defense today would have led to an Auburn win. This loss is not on the offense at all. The defense has regressed to a point that I would have thought unfathomable.

The offense scored 44 points. Yes there were breakdowns on both sides but if you score 44 points against Alabama, you should win. That is a fantastic performance by a great team. The defense was not bad, it was terrible. A below average defense today would have led to an Auburn win. This loss is not on the offense at all. The defense has regressed to a point that I would have thought unfathomable.

Totally Agree!

Archived