Ellis Johnson out as Auburn Defensive coordinator

tigerbrotha12

You are a wise man Gustav- if ever there was a guy who, based strictly on performence and results, deserved to be shown the door, it's our now former DC. Move needed to be made and Gus used some common sense. I feel better already.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo pelini. His defenses are great, with some exceptions like that terrible big 10 title game against wisky. His fire is great too. He will not tolerate what we saw last week and im sure players will fear letting him down.

He's a lunatic... And a douchebag.

Bo pelini. His defenses are great, with some exceptions like that terrible big 10 title game against wisky. His fire is great too. He will not tolerate what we saw last week and im sure players will fear letting him down.

You are a wise man Gustav- if ever there was a guy who, based strictly on performence and results, deserved to be shown the door, it's our now former DC. Move needed to be made and Gus used some common sense. I feel better already.

Me too, but where are the cej defenders at now?

So....did Gus not consult with WarTim about this????

Yes. Naturally

NO!!!!!

I would think someone like Muschamp would be ideal for Malzahn. (Whether it is him or someone similar.) I would see Malzahn wanting someone who he can just say, "Fix it!", so Malzahn can focus on his Offense...his specialty/love.

Me too, but where are the cej defenders at now?

No logical defense for the guy or his results.

NO!!!!!

Double NO!! Pelini's a head case.

Four things...

1. Do we really think EJ just all of a sudden forgot how to coach defense? Obviously he had to go, but is there any part of you that is concerned that it won't be a quick or easy fix...what's the last d coord that was good at auburn?

2. Sabans defense gave up 600 yards last night. Maybe playing the style we do is detrimental to a lights out defense that we desire.

3. We do not need a huge contract for whomever comes in.

4. If garner were to leave, that's a huge loss...he is our main recruiter. Just a thought. I'd bet we would lose a big recruit or two...

Well we all figured this was coming. Now the question is who will be the replacement. I hate it for coach Ellis. He is a fine man and perhaps circumstances just conspired against him. Wish him well in whatever he does from here on.

No circumstances...I just think the game may have passed him by a bit...but I agree he is a fine man and great teacher. Kinda reminds me of Monte Kiffin in his last years as a DC...

Monte Kiffin is still coaching for the Dallas Cowboys.

In what capacity...rod marinelli is the DC at least I thougt he was

Assistant Head Coach / Defense whatever that means.

Whoever Auburn picks needs to be able to match the up tempo of the offense. Muschamp would be a good choice he could come in to the extended bowl practices and the recruits visiting can get the excitement he brings to maybe sway some top D talents towards us.

Per Travis Haney of ESPN's Twitter: (Link)

I've been told there's mutual interest between Malzahn and Muschamp. Would be a formidable pair on respective sides of ball. - @TravHaneyESPN

EDIT: Welp, someone beat me to the punch. Yall are just too damn quick!

Four things...

1. Do we really think EJ just all of a sudden forgot how to coach defense? Obviously he had to go, but is there any part of you that is concerned that it won't be a quick or easy fix...what's the last d coord that was good at auburn?

2. Sabans defense gave up 600 yards last night. Maybe playing the style we do is detrimental to a lights out defense that we desire.

3. We do not need a huge contract for whomever comes in.

4. If garner were to leave, that's a huge loss...he is our main recruiter. Just a thought. I'd bet we would lose a big recruit or two...

I'm not asking for a quick fix. Hell we don't need a shut down defense. We just need players to be in position and not leave opposing receivers wide open. Just asking to see the defense show signs of being able to stop someone on occasion. If Garner leaves then so be it. He's not the only man that can recruit. As for possibly losing one or two, that would depend on who the replacement was.

Saw on Twitter that the AU jet has taken off. Come on Coach Boom!

William Toothaker (@ToothakerW) tweeted at 4:28 PM on Sun, Nov 30, 2014:

Johnson fired. One of the Auburn jets took off about 15 minutes ago, for what it's worth.

(

)

Archived