Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does this keep happening?

Because people don't read, or pay attention to what's happening in here. Or both.

I guess I might be the only one who thought that Gus had someone pretty much lined up to take the DC position since he fired Johnson so quickly after the Bama game. I wasn't expecting an announcement within 24 hours, but I certainly thought there would have been something by now. I hope this is not going to be like Chizik's search for an OC after Gus left, going on and on and ending up with that guy (sorry, cannot remember his name) who's now at Va Tech, and apparently not doing too good up there.

ICYM the needle in this hay stack the staff always knew it would be mid to late this week. We're still on schedule at this moment.

What is the general feeling here? The longer it takes does it bode well for AU that Muschamp is the new DC or does it mean the chances are slipping?

If no Boom todat then Gus likely moves on is the word.

I guess I might be the only one who thought that Gus had someone pretty much lined up to take the DC position since he fired Johnson so quickly after the Bama game. I wasn't expecting an announcement within 24 hours, but I certainly thought there would have been something by now. I hope this is not going to be like Chizik's search for an OC after Gus left, going on and on and ending up with that guy (sorry, cannot remember his name) who's now at Va Tech, and apparently not doing too good up there.

ICYM the needle in this hay stack the staff always knew it would be mid to late this week. We're still on schedule at this moment.

Ellitor, do yo have any reliable info as to whether to truly to expect an announcement today? What is your intuition telling you?

Ellitor, do yo have any reliable info as to whether to truly to expect an announcement today? What is your intuition telling you?

I don't know about an AU announcement today but all indications are Boom makes a decision one way or another today. Then again that could be moved back with a firm offer from Houston.

Insiders on USC boards are starting to say they are hearing WM to Auburn and they are MELTING DOWN.....its pretty funny :)

True SC insiders have always felt AU led FWIW. SC is likely out. It looks to be AU and Houston.

Insiders on USC boards are starting to say they are hearing WM to Auburn and they are MELTING DOWN.....its pretty funny :)/>

Links? I need a good laugh.

Insiders on USC boards are starting to say they are hearing WM to Auburn and they are MELTING DOWN.....its pretty funny :)

True SC insiders have always felt AU led FWIW. SC is likely out. It looks to be AU and Houston.

I honestly think the Houston thing is all Sexton being Sexton. I can't imagine why something this big would take so long. In my mind, I see Sexton and WM sitting in a room, with Sexton arguing that he can get this, or get that if WM will just wait out the storm. In his mind, WM is probably just thinking, "Dude, if this AU offer comes off the table, I'm taking you off the table." It's well known that he wants to be here. It's also well known that Jimmy Sexton is the man when it comes to negotiations. I just hope he plays his cards right and gets WM what he wants, because we want him, he wants us. No need to try to be the stronger, faster man in the board room when all that needs to happen is a yes or no.

I honestly think the Houston thing is all Sexton being Sexton. I can't imagine why something this big would take so long. In my mind, I see Sexton and WM sitting in a room, with Sexton arguing that he can get this, or get that if WM will just wait out the storm. In his mind, WM is probably just thinking, "Dude, if this AU offer comes off the table, I'm taking you off the table." It's well known that he wants to be here. It's also well known that Jimmy Sexton is the man when it comes to negotiations. I just hope he plays his cards right and gets WM what he wants, because we want him, he wants us. No need to try to be the stronger, faster man in the board room when all that needs to happen is a yes or no.

I thought Muschamp didn't want to do Texas again.

It's not long at all. Boom was never going to do anything while he was on vacation. This is basically day 3 on Boom's timeline since he got back and the staff always expected mid to late this week for it's hire. Some people are just too impatient sometimes.

I thought Muschamp didn't want to do Texas again.

That's why I think it's just Sexton playing it up to AU to try to get something else in the contract or something. Idk. I have no source, this is all just me thinking about the situation.

It's not long at all. Boom was never going to do anything while he was on vacation. This is basically day 3 on Boom's timeline since he got back and the staff always expected mid to late this week for it's hire. Some people are just too impatient sometimes.

You're right.

I don't think there is actually any official word that Houston has talked to Muschamp or whatever. I think it's all rumors and fans wanting him at this point. I don't think we have to worry about competition with UH. Not the right job for him.

I haven't seen even one word directly quoted from Muschamp regarding AU..... Did I miss something?

Archived