Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

As much as Ihope we get Muschamp I do not believeI would want him if I was at UH. Some people are great coordinators but not great head coachs. If I was going after a head coach there are people out there I think I would rather have than the one that just got fired at UF. U can not get any more talent than Florida has and do less with it. I would rather take a chance on clark or somebody that did alot with very little at school likeUAB. The only reson I do not want clark over muschamp is he is not a proven d coordinator and muchamp will help with d recruiting.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only person that has a timetable is Gus Malzahn. Where did this Friday ultimatum come from? If he doesn't make the right hire this same bunch of impatient fans will be calling for his head in a couple of years. Oooooh Yeah!

If he botches the hire of an "all time" DC that's almost a lock to put us into playoff contention year in and year out, could you blame them?

This is the same guy that had epic fails against UGA both years he was at Auburn.

I'll take 11-1 regular season with the single loss to UGA. Lol. He also didn't have Gus' offense to back him up.

From PM on 247 6 minutes ago: "Ronnie reported yesterday Houston was in the mix. We didn't have details of when he interviewed, but it was obvious he did. That changes nothing, one way or the other. "

Which means he could've interviewed like 3 days ago. Everyone's assuming this was recent

I thought he just got back from vacation yesterday.

The only person that has a timetable is Gus Malzahn. Where did this Friday ultimatum come from? If he doesn't make the right hire this same bunch of impatient fans will be calling for his head in a couple of years. Oooooh Yeah!

If he botches the hire of an "all time" DC that's almost a lock to put us into playoff contention year in and year out, could you blame them?

I think that Muschamp is his first choice. I am pretty sure Auburn has put together their best offer. We can't make Muschamp do anything. He is going to whats in his best interest. Ooooooh Yeah!

This is the same guy that had epic fails against UGA both years he was at Auburn.

However, I will also note that in those two games against UGA, we had 8 interceptions between the two games. And in 2006 our offense only managed 171 yds of total offense. The 2007 game our offense barely did better: 216 yds of total offense. I don't think you can totally lay those losses or the size of them at the feet of the defense.

However, I will also note that in those two games against UGA, we had 8 interceptions between the two games. And in 2006 our offense only managed 171 yds of total offense. The 2007 game our offense barely did better: 216 yds of total offense. I don't think you can totally lay those losses or the size of them at the feet of the defense.

Fair enough.

Offensive heavy school going for a defensive guy who epically failed due to offense at another offensive heavy school that 5* talent practically walks onto the field, all while having to recruit against schools like UT, A&M, TCU, Baylor, and now Chad Morris at SMU?

Yeah, makes perfect sense if you want to rebuild your coaching image.

It doesn't make sense for Houston. Reports are that they prefer an offensive minded coach thus the OSU OC is being rumored as the hot candidate. WM failed at UF because he could not put a decent O on the field. I understand them interviewing him as part of the pool of candidates but I don't see this as a fit for either side. Plus David Gibbs is their DC; I can see him staying with the new coach from OSU

I think that Muschamp is his first choice. I am pretty sure Auburn has put together their best offer. We can't make Muschamp do anything. He is going to whats in his best interest. Ooooooh Yeah!

I absolutely agree, but no one goes to UH over AU. Nobody. Unless they are given a reason.

I applaud your commitment to snapping into a slim jim at the end of every post.

Same here. He must be going low carb.

Oooooh Yeah!!!!

Fair enough.

I always remember thinking Brandon Cox didn't really throw that many INTs... until he played Georgia every year.

Was talking to a friend and he was like "why are you spending time on this, Auburn will know by the end of the day or move on" lol. I wish it were that easy. He literally just googled the situation.

I absolutely agree, but no one goes to UH over AU. Nobody. Unless they are given a reason.

Kevin Sumlin seemed to do just fine at UH...... head coaching or coordinator, hmmmm tough choice

Beyond Odom and Clark, do we know who else Gus may have talked to? Didn't he get permission to talk to Venables and Foster? If we move on after today, who is on the picture.

I'm not going to assume that if Muschamp goes elsewhere, it's because Auburn "botched the hire". There is a limit to Muschamp's worth. If he wants more than that, then I fully support us going in a different direction. Muschamp is not the Football Jesus that the above post suggests.

So, just wanted to recap:

No new news

Muschamp may be interviewing at Houston

No real facts

And everyone else is melting down

Did I miss anything?

It's always interesting to watch these new HCs that have experience on only one side of the ball....and it probably takes them a while to realize that they are the HC and responsible for the entire team....beyond just hiring their own coordinators and then turning them loose.

There is no particular reason IMO for Muschamp not to be able to put a good offense on the field with all the talent in the state of Texas. He just has to show enough interest and accept that a game plan involves both sides of the ball.

No melt down here though...just waiting.

Beyond Odom and Clark, do we know who else Gus may have talked to? Didn't he get permission to talk to Venables and Foster? If we move on after today, who is on the picture.

You dont get permission to speak with coordinators in college. You just do it.

The ONLY other names that have been mentioned were Odom and Clark.

I'm not going to assume that if Muschamp goes elsewhere, it's because Auburn "botched the hire". There is a limit to Muschamp's worth. If he wants more than that, then I fully support us going in a different direction. Muschamp is not the Football Jesus that the above post suggests.

No one said anything about a football Jesus, I'm the only one of those that exists...

Anyway, I just don't see how anyone picks UH over AU, unless something goes wrong. Sure, Sumlin did well. Sumlin is also an offensive mastermind.

Archived