So, just wanted to recap:

No new news

Muschamp may be interviewing at Houston

No real facts

And everyone else is melting down

Did I miss anything?

Nope

Ooooooooh Yeah!

The only person that has a timetable is Gus Malzahn. Where did this Friday ultimatum come from? If he doesn't make the right hire this same bunch of impatient fans will be calling for his head in a couple of years. Oooooh Yeah!

If he botches the hire of an "all time" DC that's almost a lock to put us into playoff contention year in and year out, could you blame them?

I'm not going to assume that if Muschamp goes elsewhere, it's because Auburn "botched the hire". There is a limit to Muschamp's worth. If he wants more than that, then I fully support us going in a different direction. Muschamp is not the Football Jesus that the above post suggests.

No one said anything about a football Jesus, I'm the only one of those that exists...

Anyway, I just don't see how anyone picks UH over AU, unless something goes wrong. Sure, Sumlin did well. Sumlin is also an offensive mastermind.

At Houston he would be the HC....and he would not have to worry about developing an offense... it is already there.

The only person that has a timetable is Gus Malzahn. Where did this Friday ultimatum come from? If he doesn't make the right hire this same bunch of impatient fans will be calling for his head in a couple of years. Oooooh Yeah!

If he botches the hire of an "all time" DC that's almost a lock to put us into playoff contention year in and year out, could you blame them?

I'm not going to assume that if Muschamp goes elsewhere, it's because Auburn "botched the hire". There is a limit to Muschamp's worth. If he wants more than that, then I fully support us going in a different direction. Muschamp is not the Football Jesus that the above post suggests.

No one said anything about a football Jesus, I'm the only one of those that exists...

Anyway, I just don't see how anyone picks UH over AU, unless something goes wrong. Sure, Sumlin did well. Sumlin is also an offensive mastermind.

At Houston he would be the HC....and he would not have to worry about developing an offense... it is already there.

He still has to coach those kids, you don't just show up to a HC gig and let the Off. Coord. do what he wants! That's what got him fired in the first place!

Eh...judging by this, I don't think they have that much of an offense:

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-14/aac/2014-houston-cougars-football-schedule.php

So, no news, no PC announced for today either, huh? IS there a point, at which time, we should press on to other candidates? Or, are all of our tickets only for the WM sweepstakes until he withdraws his name from consideration?

So, no news, no PC announced for today either, huh? IS there a point, at which time, we should press on to other candidates? Or, are all of our tickets only for the WM sweepstakes until he withdraws his name from consideration?

Usually it takes a couple of days for a PC for an assistant

I'm just trying to remain positive and trying not to get caught up in the rumor mill. At least the vast majority of the AU Family seems to be on the same page as to who they want.

Matt Brown ‏@MattSBN

Lot of chatter about Tom Herman and the Houston job. Here is why I think that's a great fit for both parties: http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/12/8/7353177/ohio-state-football-houston-head-coaching-candidate-tom-herman …

I dont think anyone knows anything. We might have already started putting things out.

Several posted they knew a lot but the way this thing is unfolding doesn't seem to support their contentions. I think you're definitely onto something.

Hoke just made a thread on muschamp and t rob on 247, no clue what it says but in 22 minutes it already has 24 up votes so...

Meaning?

Still saying 2. Think there's a lot of people on this thread who are paranoid for no reason. Muschamp is ours and you just have to trust 23 and Red. Today's the day IMO.

Hoke just made a thread on muschamp and t rob on 247, no clue what it says but in 22 minutes it already has 24 up votes so...

Meaning?

I would guess it would mean something positive considering the title was "muschamp and t-rob..." And the up votes signal something positive. I haven't had a subscription there since my last card on file was stolen so I have no clue what it actually says

Still saying 2. Think there's a lot of people on this thread who are paranoid for no reason. Muschamp is ours and you just have to trust 23 and Red. Today's the day IMO.

Excellent. Hopefully they're right, if for no other reason, just to get this behind us.

Meaning?

I would guess it would mean something positive considering the title was "muschamp and t-rob..." And the up votes signal something positive. I haven't had a subscription there since my last card on file was stolen so I have no clue what it actually says

Thanks

When we hit page 300 in this thread, the new DC will be announced. They are waiting on us!

Matt Brown ‏@MattSBN

Lot of chatter about Tom Herman and the Houston job. Here is why I think that's a great fit for both parties: http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/12/8/7353177/ohio-state-football-houston-head-coaching-candidate-tom-herman …

The UH president tweeted out to give input on who they wanted as HC. I looked at the mentions from the tweet, and suprisingly Muschamp was barely even named. Some people even said no Muschamp. Almost all comments said Herman. UH is a small enough program to where they will need to make their fans and students happy so they will hire who they want to see to get them into the games. Also apparently Muschamp was interviewed earlier this week. Just leaked out today I guess.

Meaning?

Apparently T Rob likes Auburn... a lot. But less without Muschamp.

When we hit page 300 in this thread, the new DC will be announced. They are waiting on us!

Good Lord, please stop with the page count obsessions.

everybody is so freaking uptight. It's part of the fun and silliness of this.

Archived