Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

Matt Brown ‏@MattSBN

Lot of chatter about Tom Herman and the Houston job. Here is why I think that's a great fit for both parties: http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2014/12/8/7353177/ohio-state-football-houston-head-coaching-candidate-tom-herman …

The UH president tweeted out to give input on who they wanted as HC. I looked at the mentions from the tweet, and suprisingly Muschamp was barely even named. Some people even said no Muschamp. Almost all comments said Herman. UH is a small enough program to where they will need to make their fans and students happy so they will hire who they want to see to get them into the games. Also apparently Muschamp was interviewed earlier this week. Just leaked out today I guess.

Plus Herman interviewed for Tulsa job too. That means he's interested in a HC position and would consider UH

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we hit page 300 in this thread, the new DC will be announced. They are waiting on us!

Good Lord, please stop with the page count obsessions.

everybody is so freaking uptight. It's part of the fun and silliness of this.

Yeah. In a thread w/ 292 pages (probably 293 by the time I finish typing this), that's no more repetitive, redundant or otherwise tiresome and unnecessary than almost anything anybody else is posting

I'm totally beyond caring who it is now....if Muschamp...that's fine...as would be Venables, or Odom or ????

JMO but given the same quality of players I expect one will do as well as the other based on how they've done lately.

But as Cool noted...what most of us are doing is killing time while we wait to see what happens because for me at least. this will be the first place that I'm likely to actually hear that a decision has been made...

This thread is a coping mechanism for us as we wait.................................

and wait..........................................

and wait...................

People are coming to this thread to get updates on news of the search and to discuss the next DC we hire. The thread padding nonsense gets old. It's not about being uptight, it's just about letting the thread be useful to most people.

I was so hoping I would log in and this thing would be over with! <sigh> Any news at all? I do not want to decipher through 40 pages (point where I last updated)....

I was so hoping I would log in and this thing would be over with! <sigh> Any news at all? I do not want to decipher through 40 pages (point where I last updated)....

Solid news? Very little. It appears CWM interviewed for the Univ. of Houston HC job this morning. How serious that interview was is unknown. Other than that, the various AU site admins still have high confidence it will be Muschamp to Auburn at some point soon.

Hoke just made a thread on muschamp and t rob on 247, no clue what it says but in 22 minutes it already has 24 up votes so...

Meaning?

I would guess it would mean something positive considering the title was "muschamp and t-rob..." And the up votes signal something positive. I haven't had a subscription there since my last card on file was stolen so I have no clue what it actually says

Apparently T Rob likes Auburn... a lot. But less without Muschamp.

I hope it is positive for us and signals things are close at hand, or in hand as it were.

Makes sense....still can't see him taking a DC job anywhere ...unless he runs out of HC interview opportunities which should take a while longer. Lots of schools looking to upgrade their programs.

this is all fun and entertaining. at the end of the day, i think everyone here knows Auburn will be just fine with whomever is hired. however, as for the ppl who are still a little skeptical even though "AUStudent23" or "Rednilla" or or AUSportalk say somethnig is probably a done deal, i can't blame them. there have been many a time, and those guys will tell you this, where they thought something was likely a done deal an d then it wasn't. See: Rashaan Evans......Reuben Foster....

Archived