Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

If what we're hearing about being a fallback plan is true, whether he's been given a deadline or not, I say go ahead and cut him loose and move on to Randy Shannon. The party willing to walk almost always win a negotiation. IMO he may be picking up where he left off by pulling the same kind of crap. I was genuinely excited about WM returning but I'm rapidly losing interest.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these sources really just have one goal, and that is to drum up revenue from clicks on sites. Dang they have done a great job today.

Anybody hearing anything about DJ Durkin and TRob announcement tomorrow?

Do tell.

Just a friend that has an account on 247. I was just checking to confirm.

400k views we are almost there I think if we get there it might actually be Durkin and Rob, I think a bourbon infused drink make with hand chopped ice might be the new drink of the Auburn Defense I will call it the Durkin and Rob

Come on guys. Muschamp is going from being a head coach of a top 5 program. A DC anywhere is a step down and I don't blame him for a second in checking out every possibility of another head coaching position. He's worth the wait in not only his defensive expertise but in his recruiting ability in bringing in top talent, which we desperately need. The other candidates mentioned do not have his coaching resume or ability to land the top 4 and 5 star recruits. Sure, we all would like this thing to be over, but to act like he's playing Auburn for a fool is pure BS. He's doing what's best for him and I'm sure Gus fully understands his position.

Or a TraDurkin!

I am ready here is the recipe

Bacon infused rye, organic maple syrup, Angostura bitters, orange and lemon twists

I'm going to sound incredibly immature or "woe is me" here, or whatever you want to call it. I'm tired of this. If what Tate says is true, that we're a fall back plan... forget him. Now, even if they hire him it's not going to be nearly as satisfying. If he comes in, everyone will know he doesn't really want to be here. If what Tate says is true; it almost makes me sick. The best defensive units in the country are almost always down south, in and around the SEC. We were given a perfect opportunity here to go big or go home, and it's looking to be the latter. I just don't understand how that evil monster up north can jump around, rotating his staff almost yearly, and consistently be No. 1 year in and year out, yet we can't even get a top teir D-Coord,? WHAT!? This is AU. The loveliest little village, that I know and love down to the very deep core of my soul, and this dude acts like we're Bama-lite? We've got one of the greatest offensive minds known to man, and WM doesn't want to work here because it's a hurry up offense? I thought he was the man? What difference should it make to WM if it's a hurry up? If you're that good, come and prove it. Hire who you want Malzahn... I'll be in my corner...

rant over.

Just because it may not be WM, that doesn't mean we don't get a top notch DC. You do know that there is more than one out there. Randy Shannon would be an awesome hire. Others would be too.

Come on guys. Muschamp is going from being a head coach of a top 5 program. A DC anywhere is a step down and I don't blame him for a second in checking out every possibility of another head coaching position. He's worth the wait in not only his defensive expertise but in his recruiting ability in bringing in top talent, which we desperately need. The other candidates mentioned do not have his coaching resume or ability to land the top 4 and 5 star recruits. Sure, we all would like this thing to be over, but to act like he's playing Auburn for a fool is pure BS. He's doing what's best for him and I'm sure Gus fully understands his position.

I agree, but the longer Auburn takes to pull the trigger on a DC the more recruits are going to start looking around for stability.

All these sources really just have one goal, and that is to drum up revenue from clicks on sites. Dang they have done a great job today.

Don't be a negative Nancy. It's done wonders for AUFamily. This thread has officially become the butt of a joke.

Do tell.

And?

Says PM is saying Durkin and TRob coming tomorrow. Basically all he said. That's why I was checking to see if anyone has confirmed. It's not blowing up the internet yet so I'm leaning no one still knows anything.

Do tell.

And?

Says PM is saying Durkin and TRob coming tomorrow. Basically all he said. That's why I was checking to see if anyone has confirmed. It's not blowing up the internet yet so I'm leaning no one still knows anything.

PM is saying that now? Maybe he should just stop talking.

Do tell.

And?

im intrigued again

Do tell.

And?

private message?

Do tell.

And?

private message?

Phillip

Do tell.

And?

private message?

Phillip Marshall?

Do tell.

And?

Thanks for sharing. I'm back in.

I'm going to sound incredibly immature or "woe is me" here, or whatever you want to call it. I'm tired of this. If what Tate says is true, that we're a fall back plan... forget him. Now, even if they hire him it's not going to be nearly as satisfying. If he comes in, everyone will know he doesn't really want to be here. If what Tate says is true; it almost makes me sick. The best defensive units in the country are almost always down south, in and around the SEC. We were given a perfect opportunity here to go big or go home, and it's looking to be the latter. I just don't understand how that evil monster up north can jump around, rotating his staff almost yearly, and consistently be No. 1 year in and year out, yet we can't even get a top teir D-Coord,? WHAT!? This is AU. The loveliest little village, that I know and love down to the very deep core of my soul, and this dude acts like we're Bama-lite? We've got one of the greatest offensive minds known to man, and WM doesn't want to work here because it's a hurry up offense? I thought he was the man? What difference should it make to WM if it's a hurry up? If you're that good, come and prove it. Hire who you want Malzahn... I'll be in my corner...

rant over.

Just because it may not be WM, that doesn't mean we don't get a top notch DC. You do know that there is more than one out there. Randy Shannon would be an awesome hire. Others would be too.

Randy Shannon is coaching LB's in Arky...

Odom is not proven at the top level..

Bill Clark is worse than nothing, no good bammer...

Yeah, none of those really have that WM *zing* to it.. I want we NEED, a proven guy, that wants to be here, and can russle those jimmies on the recruiting trail. We need someone that's going to take this D back to the Junior Rosegreen era and knock some sense back into these people laughing at our defensive unit.

Don't be a negative Nancy. It's done wonders for AUFamily. This thread has officially become the butt of a joke.

No Nancy here. I prefer the nonsense compared to the meltdown. Let's see how far the rabbit hole we can go!

rant over.

I like your fire & brimstone and lay it on the table right now or go home with your tail between your legs attitude. Somehow, I feel that Gus made the hire behind the scenes a week or so back. I think an announcement is forth coming soon. At this point, it would not surprise one bit if the new DC is Muschamp. However, it would not surprise me one bit if the DC is someone that has not been brought to the for front. Might be Bud Foster from VT. Another one could be Ed Orgeron, the former Ole Miss HC.

Orgeron is much like CWM in that he is a great DC, but failed as a HC. Foster or Orgeron would be content being a DC for the long haul. Just my 2 cents worth.

Archived