Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think some need to slow down and realize Will

Muschamp ain't the driver of this bus...Gus is. Will will not be throwing coaches out. I am sure it will be a matter of compromise between himself and Gus. Last year with better talent in Ford, Eguae, and Lawson RG looked a lot better...after Dee graduated and Lawson got hurt it basically left the pass rushing options thin. RG did not forget how to coach in one season. I just don't think his philosophy ever meshed totally with Ellis...once again imo. I mean the secondary was awful, logically it seems that is where the most ideal change would take place. Also at the same time I can see WM just trying to secure jobs for some of his guys who could be looking at unemployment.

Who will we have Bo Pelini coaching? LB?

Well you know that Takeo Spikes has expressed an interest on twitter in being the LB coach, not once but twice, in the last couple months. The last one was specifically mentioned with Muschamp. Our LBs would learn more from Takeo the first day than they did in the last 5 years from Thigpen and Johnson combined.

If you bring in a new DC...then I can only summarize that you allow the new DC to coordinate what he needs to make that transition better. Give BOOM control as to personnel decisions. If Garner is the sticking point, keep him at his current pay, move him to recruiting coordinator and let him go what he is good at.

Definitely let the new DC hire or keep who he needs to be successful. Tuberville handcuffed Franklin when he did not allow him to bring in his own staff. We all know how that worked out.

I understand that coach garner is an Auburn man and probably deserves to stay more than the other defensive guys. All I'm saying is move the guy to whatever you can and let Muschamp come in here with exactly what he wants. You never want to start a thing like this off by handcuffing your Coordinators. I'm sure it's all going to work out though. One of our secondary guys may have to say bye though. Lol

i could see the secondary guys going but I doubt without looking if anyone here could tell who the DL coach is at UF, his pedigree and how his career stacks up against Garner. I know RG played oline, I could see him becoming a TE coach but I could see Boom working with him..RG has a great track record of success..

Well you know that Takeo Spikes has expressed an interest on twitter in being the LB coach, not once but twice, in the last couple months. The last one was specifically mentioned with Muschamp. Our LBs would learn more from Takeo the first day than they did in the last 5 years from Thigpen and Johnson combined.

Takeo has put his townhouse in Buckhead on the market. Could it be?

How the heck did you find that out?! Lol! You're like Sherlock Holmes.

Elementary my friend.

My fingers and toes are crossed. :hellyeah:

I hope Gus doesn't make the same mistake with CWM about letting him bring his own people in that Tuberville made with Tony Franklin. If Muschamp wants his own DL coach, then he should make that call. Move Garner to ST or wherever.

I like Garner. If we had Lawson this season our slime would have looked better IMO. It didn't help that Elijah Daniels didn't really make the splash he was supposed to. I do agree that unless Muschamp plans on grabbing Rocker, Garner is a safe bet.

The key is to give CWM the latitude to bring in who he can, within the parameters we have around budget and existing coaches.

I would like to see significant coaching changes in several areas, but wholesale change may not be realistic.

I hope Gus doesn't make the same mistake with CWM about letting him bring his own people in that Tuberville made with Tony Franklin. If Muschamp wants his own DL coach, then he should make that call. Move Garner to ST or wherever.

He's not. We aren't insisting on keeping all our defensive staff. They're just ironing out who CWM wants to bring and what that means in terms of shuffling or cutting current guys.

Garner may be serving in another capacity but he is going nowhere. Stop speculating about a good Auburn man like that, my goodness.

Garner may be a good Auburn man, but he's not a good Auburn coach.

Our Dline was a positive this season, idk what games you watched. Losing carl lawson hurt our DE's and having supposed DE's that are better suited at DT hurt too. LB's and DB's were our weakness, not the line. They had great penetration all year and our DB's couldn't cover a slant or a screen.

Garner may be serving in another capacity but he is going nowhere. Stop speculating about a good Auburn man like that, my goodness.

Garner may be a good Auburn man, but he's not a good Auburn coach.

With all due respect let me just say this about your post.

HORSE MANURE

Elementary my friend.

So did you just Google Takeo Spikes home selling video?! Haha! It couldn't be as simple as you're making it.

I understand that coach garner is an Auburn man and probably deserves to stay more than the other defensive guys. All I'm saying is move the guy to whatever you can and let Muschamp come in here with exactly what he wants. You never want to start a thing like this off by handcuffing your Coordinators. I'm sure it's all going to work out though. One of our secondary guys may have to say bye though. Lol

I doubt without looking if anyone here could tell who the DL coach is at UF, his pedigree and how his career stacks up against Garner.

Pedigree? Career? Could UF's D-line this year actually penetrate the opposition O-line? Could they rush passers? Can they get a sack now and then? Well, that's three things Garner's coaching did not accomplish. So I don't give a crap if it's my crazy mother-in-law and her deaf dog coaching those kids, if Muschamp wants to bring them along, they come. Forcing mediocre or incompetent help on the new guy from the very outset of what we all know has the potential to be a dynasty-building juggernaut is just plain crazy. Crazy as my mother-in-law.

If Garner has value, it must be as a recruiter, so give him a nice corner office with Head Coach of Recruiting on the door.

^^^^This^^^^

They had great penetration all year and our DB's couldn't cover a slant or a screen.

Yeah...no.

Um yea if you didn't see the Interior lines penetration in the run game and in the passing game then you need glasses

Archived