Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

Leave it to Auburn fans to hear that there are "staffing issues to smooth out" and jump to the worse possible conclusion that it's Tony Franklin 2.0.

^^ for all we know Boom could just be deciding who he wants to bring with him. Or him and CGM are discussing who to bring, who to get rid of, etc. doesn't mean there is any kind of feud going on.

In fact, I'll just say straight out that it's definitely NOT any kind of feud going on. Because if there was a feud over it, one or both sides would just walk. Regardless of who he wants to bring, these are not pawns on a chess board to just move or cast aside at will. There are real people involved here and you are affecting their and their families lives. So you have to work things out thoughtfully and reasonably. And that takes more than 15 minutes to satisfy F5 key hitting maniacs on message boards.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Will Muschamp deal to #Auburn getting closer but still some staffing issue needs to be smoothed out, per source.

I said this earlier thanks Bruce smh

Titan you possess the seemingly super power of common sense around here. We as a fan base really need to take a deep breath. Sometimes you have to slow down to go fast.

@BruceFeldmanCFB: Will Muschamp deal to #Auburn getting closer but still some staffing issue needs to be smoothed out, per source.

I said this earlier thanks Bruce smh

Is Bruce getting information from these boards?! LOL

Titan you possess the seemingly super power of common sense around here. We as a fan base really need to take a deep breath. Sometimes you have to slow down to go fast.

In this world of instant gratification common sense ain't so common anymore.

It sounds like the t's are getting crossed and the i's are getting dotted....as far as the rest of the staff. Our D staff, outside of Garner, was pathetic, IMO. I read several days ago that RG would be fine switching to TE/ST coach. If things really are this close to being done, I don't see any snags.

Al long as we get muschamp I dont care as much who else comes with him or stays from the old staff simply because I dont put nearly as much blame on the staff for our problems as everyone else. Yes I want T Rob. But outside of him I dont care. I just want the type of player Muschamp can bring here. That is what is missing in my opinion. Honestly how can we have 3 or 4 coordinators over the past 5 or so years and all of them be bad coaches but when they move on they tend to do better? I know you all will disagree but I think this defense was doomed to fail no matter who coached it. There simply is not enough quality players top to bottom on this roster. Too many unproven guys playing this year. Yes I am disappointed that these guys have not performed better and some of that does go coaching but some of it is just players not doing what you have been taught. All the late hits and guys just getting beat are not the coaches fault. Thats on the players.

If Muschamp wants to hire Elmo, I'm fine with that. Let's just get Muschamp.

Elmo's fine, I guess. Grover would probably be a better fit IMO.

Don't even think about Bigbird though!! ;D

Wings not long enough.

Don't even think about Bigbird though!! ;D/>

Wings not long enough.

Get Elmo in here. He should be the HCIWIWIWIW. That would solve everything.

#PMARSHONAU: Good news, bad news in Auburn search http://t.co/4PYlcJgWz7 via @247Sports

Phillip Marshall expects this deal to be sealed, unless somethinG crazy happens.

Free article so here's a blurb:

You’ve heard the old cliché: “I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news.” Well, if you’re an Auburn fan and, more than that, a Will Muschamp fan, I’ve got good news and bad news.

The bad news first:

We could be a week away, maybe a little longer, from Auburn announcing its next defensive coordinator.

And now the good news:

Barring some unexpected turn of events, I fully expect that, when the new coordinator is introduced, it will be the man affectionately known as “Coach Boom.” It will be Will Muschamp.

You might hear all sorts of things between now and then – that another school or schools is pursuing Muschamp, that Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn has interest in talking to another candidate. And those things might be true, because until a deal is done, it’s not done. But that won’t change anything.

Obviously, neither I nor anyone else can say anything that hasn’t happened yet is 100 percent certain to happen. But I will say again: I will be very surprised if Muschamp is not Auburn’s next defensive coordinator....

#PMARSHONAU: Good news, bad news in Auburn search http://t.co/4PYlcJgWz7 via @247Sports

Phillip Marshall expects this deal to be sealed, unless somethinG crazy happens.

Free article so here's a blurb:

You’ve heard the old cliché: “I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news.” Well, if you’re an Auburn fan and, more than that, a Will Muschamp fan, I’ve got good news and bad news.

The bad news first:

We could be a week away, maybe a little longer, from Auburn announcing its next defensive coordinator.

And now the good news:

Barring some unexpected turn of events, I fully expect that, when the new coordinator is introduced, it will be the man affectionately known as “Coach Boom.” It will be Will Muschamp.

You might hear all sorts of things between now and then – that another school or schools is pursuing Muschamp, that Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn has interest in talking to another candidate. And those things might be true, because until a deal is done, it’s not done. But that won’t change anything.

Obviously, neither I nor anyone else can say anything that hasn’t happened yet is 100 percent certain to happen. But I will say again: I will be very surprised if Muschamp is not Auburn’s next defensive coordinator....

Also at the bottom of the article

I was there to see Pat throw his first college pass and I was there to see him coach his last college game. Both were at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

I think that’s pretty neat.

My 2 cents worth. All the speculation about CRG is from a personal opinion on page 1. It even states, "my guess is." So I guess my question is, why the crap has everyone jumped on that like it is the gospel truth and basically thrown CRG under the Gus Bus. CRG is a super coach and recruiter. It was a major coup when we got him to leave UGA and come home and now, in the name of Muschamp, he is now the holdup of the signed contract, moving to ST coach or being fired. Maybe its just me, but I just don't understand the 180 degree turn. When we got CRG 2 yrs ago, he was the greatest DL coach in the history of coaching(besides Rocker) and now, he's expendable. How did he get so bad so fast? Any answers?

My 2 cents worth. All the speculation about CRG is from a personal opinion on page 1. It even states, "my guess is." So I guess my question is, why the crap has everyone jumped on that like it is the gospel truth and basically thrown CRG under the Gus Bus. CRG is a super coach and recruiter. It was a major coup when we got him to leave UGA and come home and now, in the name of Muschamp, he is now the holdup of the signed contract, moving to ST coach or being fired. Maybe its just me, but I just don't understand the 180 degree turn. When we got CRG 2 yrs ago, he was the greatest DL coach in the history of coaching(besides Rocker) and now, he's expendable. How did he get so bad so fast? Any answers?

Ignorance.

Wait...let me find my glasses

Ignorance.

Rampant stampede

Wait...let me find my glasses

:bow:

Don't even think about Bigbird though!! ;D

:moon:

I'm very much doubting that any hold up at this point has anything to do with Rodney. While we obviously didn't get the pressure up front that we needed this year, it was the secondary that just looked lost out there. If anything to do with personnel is holding it up it is more likely the secondary coaches because that is what Will is known for. If I had to guess I would say he wants himself and T Rob coaching the secondary which means Gus has to let two go or give them an off the field position. That would free up a position and my guess there is Will would want to bring in a LB coach. Then again, he may want to can the whole D staff and bring in his own and I think Gus would probably let him do that if that is what he wants.

Absolutely. Grover understands the concepts of "Near" and "Far" and when the corners should play against the receivers accordingly.

Absolutely. Grover understands the concepts of "Near" and "Far" and when the corners should play against the receivers accordingly.

Well done!

They had great penetration all year and our DB's couldn't cover a slant or a screen.

Yeah...no.

Um yea if you didn't see the Interior lines penetration in the run game and in the passing game then you need glasses

Dude, the pass rush was MIA on 90% of our snaps this year. I don't necessarily fault Garner for that, but it's true.

Our problem on pass rush was the blitz...very predictable and we rarely if ever disguised it.

They had great penetration all year and our DB's couldn't cover a slant or a screen.

Yeah...no.

Um yea if you didn't see the Interior lines penetration in the run game and in the passing game then you need glasses

Dude, the pass rush was MIA on 90% of our snaps this year. I don't necessarily fault Garner for that, but it's true.

Notice I said interior line not the edge. One cannot not deny that the interior line got good penetration especially in the run game. Only problem I had from our line this season was the lack of an edge pass rusher.

And a lack of discipline...how many offsides penalties did we have?

Archived