2015 3* DL Jared Gentry (Memphis signee)

TexasTiger

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn is not showing him much love. Clemson was talking to him after the AL-MS all-star game, right before the dead period. I hope that we give Gentry a chance.

The only reason I can see that we have not offered Gentry is that the coaches have some DL silent commits and there is no room for another DLineman.

The only reason I can see that we have not offered Gentry is that the coaches have some DL silent commits and there is no room for another DLineman.

I hope that is the case.

If you're drinkin', pour one for me. If you're smokin' somethin', I'll pass.

Looks like our DT class will be 3* this year. Maybe we'll have better luck with them than the 4* that are graduating.

Can you think of another reason that we have not even offered him? He is a player. Even IF we have 1 or even 2 DL silents, past experience tells me that you can't have too many D Linemen.

Can you think of another reason that we have not even offered him? He is a player. Even IF we have 1 or even 2 DL silents, past experience tells me that you can't have too many D Linemen.

I can think of reasons why we haven't offered him that are more likely than having silent commits. There could be something in his grades, for example, or opinions from his coaches. Of course, I hope you are correct but I don't think having two to three hot-shot DL guys in the silent commit fold is very likely.

I can only hope but I would be shocked if that was the case. The only DLs that I have heard we have a chance are Becker (long shot) and Cowart (another long shot). Unless we are really doing some underground attempt to flip already committed DLs. I think when we offered Swain, that convinced me that we had missed out on our top DL targets. Maybe we can get through next year and Muschamp can make a great recruiting haul next year because we are going to be looking for starters at DL and LBer across the board. To me that was the biggest issue with CEJ, kids did not want to play in his defense.

I can think of reasons why we haven't offered him that are more likely than having silent commits. There could be something in his grades, for example, or opinions from his coaches. Of course, I hope you are correct but I don't think having two to three hot-shot DL guys in the silent commit fold is very likely.

One can hope. Hahaha!! You are probably right but I do think we are in good shape with Cowart. He would be looking at almost guaranteed immediate playing time here and not at his other leaders. We just need to close the deal.

Overall Jared Gentry is an A/B Student, current GPA is a 3.0, he scored a 21 on his ACT test so far, and is a really good kid. Therefore, I'm not sure what's going on.

He's received offers from various schools, such as, Memphis, Cincinnati (Coach Tuberville), Troy, Jacksonville State University, Samford, and Western Kentucky just to name a few.

I can only hope but I would be shocked if that was the case. The only DLs that I have heard we have a chance are Becker (long shot) and Cowart (another long shot). Unless we are really doing some underground attempt to flip already committed DLs. I think when we offered Swain, that convinced me that we had missed out on our top DL targets. Maybe we can get through next year and Muschamp can make a great recruiting haul next year because we are going to be looking for starters at DL and LBer across the board. To me that was the biggest issue with CEJ, kids did not want to play in his defense.

Beckner is a longshot, but right now Cowart isn't that far fetched.

He's received offers from various schools, such as, Memphis, Cincinnati (Coach Tuberville), Troy, Jacksonville State University, Samford, and Western Kentucky just to name a few.

So pretty much if we offered he'd probably come

Yes. He kicked butt in the AL-MS All Star Game. I am surprised he hasn't gotten higher profile offers.

Yes. He kicked butt in the AL-MS All Star Game. I am surprised he hasn't gotten higher profile offers.

Watch out for other schools swooping in late here. Wonder if he's even on Muschamp's radar. Watch out for Louisville.

Wonder if he's even on Muschamp's radar. Watch out for Louisville.

He's not. If we take another DT it will likely be Kendrick Norton.

Jared Gentry received an offer from one of the Best Academic schools in Alabama (Samford) Kodi Burns from Auburn University is trying his best to recruit him along with the New Head Coach Chris Hatcher pic.twitter.com/Q9lb2h8MJo

Jared Gentry received an offer from one of the Best Academic schools in Alabama (Samford) Kodi Burns from Auburn University is trying his best to recruit him along with the New Head Coach Chris Hatcher pic.twitter.com/Q9lb2h8MJo

Good for Jared! Samford is a wonderful place to go to school.

I see everybody saying he's good but he's not getting big time offers, can anybody that has watched him give an evaluation? What are his weaknesses?

I see everybody saying he's good but he's not getting big time offers, can anybody that has watched him give an evaluation? What are his weaknesses?

Fwiw people who watched him more than a few times the past couple of years does not think he would be a quality SEC player. They say at best he's likely a depth guy.

Good for Jared! Samford is a wonderful place to go to school.

Yes because it's close to home for him

Archived