Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

Ok....so we have "heard" Garner is staying (whether on D or to another spot is unknown) and apparently T Rob is coming home (WOOT!).....who else do you see filling Muschamp's staff at AU?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know, but I think, given recent history, we need a great LB coach too.

WAR EAGLE!!! BOOM!!!

If Garner does indeed move to TE coach, then I would love for our staff to look like this

D-Coordinator - Muschamp

DL - Tracy Rocker or Brad Lawing

LB - Randy Shannon

DB - Travaris Robinson

I think that CRG will either stay as the D line coach, or become the O line coach. I think when he was at UGA, he was the O-line coach. Please correct me if this is wrong. It will fun watching the D staff come together. Good things are coming my friends. I guess CWM will be on board for the bowl game. This will be fun to watch a defense under superior coaching for a change.

I think that CRG will either stay as the D line coach, or become the O line coach. I think when he was at UGA, he was the O-line coach. Please correct me if this is wrong. It will fun watching the D staff come together. Good things are coming my friends. I guess CWM will be on board for the bowl game. This will be fun to watch a defense under superior coaching for a change.

No way we replace Grimes as OL coach.

JB Grimes has been an incredible o line coach. No way I want him gone. He might move to TE/ST

Coach Williams may be an option at LB. He's about ready to tackle it.

you are right about coach Grimes. I do not want to lose CRG. He is a monster recruiter that we need. He would be a great TE coach and head recruiting coordinator. I am sure Gus will place him where he can do the most good for us. I like some of the coaches mention for CWM staff. I think Gus will give him the latitude to hire who he wants. We now have the best coaching staff in the SEC that will only get better. We will be in the top 4 spots next year's playoffs.

I'm curious to know who would get fired to make room for T-Rob and potentially others.

Harbison should probably be packing now. He gutted our defense. If EJ had anything left in the tank he would have whipped his ass some time around the Ole Miss game.

11:30 AM News Conf acc. to SEC Network, not sure if any answers will be given then...but just FYI

is that CST???

11:30 AM News Conf acc. to SEC Network, not sure if any answers will be given then...but just FYI

is that CST???

10:30 AM (CST).

Looks like AU will be paying another 3 or 4 guys not to coach at Auburn next season. Gus was generous after last year and I read elsewhere that most of the staff have contracts out to 2016 or 2017....and some of them make pretty good money.

Looks like AU will be paying another 3 or 4 guys not to coach at Auburn next season. Gus was generous after last year and I read elsewhere that most of the staff have contracts out to 2016 or 2017....and some of them make pretty good money.

Does this upset you?

Does this upset you?

Not particularly....not my money but seen a lot of complaining about paying Barbee for not coaching...and Chiz and some others...and program lost money last season they say....just an observation.

Yeah I see it myself but when I do I can't help but think say they weren't getting paid, would we even know where the money is? Probably in somebody else's pocket. I don't get when people act like it effects them

Does this upset you?

Not particularly....not my money but seen a lot of complaining about paying Barbee for not coaching...and Chiz and some others...and program lost money last season they say....just an observation.

May be like car salesman, didn't really lose money, just didn't make as much as they wanted to!

If you want the AU athletic program to be on a sound financial basis, then yes, how much we're paying guys not to coach here is a concern.

I wonder if T- Rob is really in play for AU. I also think Durkin could really be someone to keep an eye on, he coaches LB's and has been very successful as a Special Teams Coordinator. With Durkin, we could fill two coaching spots effectively with one hire.

If I had my way, I would go Garner-DL, Durkin- LB- Special Team Coord, T-Rob - Secondary.

Or-

Garner- TE/recruiting Coordinator. Lawing- DL, Durkin, LB- Special Team Coord, T-Tob Secondary.

Just not sure we can pull all those guys from FL.

Archived