DL- Brad Lawing or Rocker

LB- Randy Shannon or Kevin Greene

DB- T-Rob

.....can we make this happen, please???

DB- T-Rob

Looks like we have T-Rob. You can forget Greene. He's not coming back to coaching anytime soon. Shannon I sort of doubt him making the lateral move like that. The other two I have no idea if we could pull those off or no.

Getting T-Rob with Muschamp is what makes this a truly special hire and gives us the best chance to turn things around quickly.

Paying this amount of salary with bonuses is in the next year results league. Waiting 2 years for the stars to align is not an option. No honeymoon for Muschamp and company. The pieces are in place to improve greatly (players and staff), so it is not a reach to expect very good improvements with the right mentors in play.

DB- T-Rob

Looks like we have T-Rob. You can forget Greene. He's not coming back to coaching anytime soon. Shannon I sort of doubt him making the lateral move like that. The other two I have no idea if we could pull those off or no.

But is it really lateral? Arky is improving but have they EVER been anything but some other SEC team's spoiler? Shannon may want to win championships.

DB- T-Rob

But is it really lateral? Arky is improving but have they EVER been anything but some other SEC team's spoiler? Shannon may want to win championships.

It's lateral as far as position. He wouldn't be moving from LB coach to coordinator. Now your point about the possibility for success is valid. I have no idea what he would do. One could argue the same for Rocker as far as leaving UGA to come to AU. He is an exception since he is an alumnus of Auburn.

It's lateral as far as position. He wouldn't be moving from LB coach to coordinator

So? Auburn is a better program, we can also offer a bigger salary than Arkansas. If you want to go even further; with Muschamp being a short-term hire there would always be the possibility of a potential promotion to DC for someone like Shannon.

It's lateral as far as position. He wouldn't be moving from LB coach to coordinator

So? Auburn is a better program, we can also offer a bigger salary than Arkansas. If you want to go even further; with Muschamp being a short-term hire there would always be the possibility of a potential promotion to DC for someone like Shannon.

You're right and I mentioned that. My only point is that right now he would only move from LB coach at Arky to LB coach at AU. Now there are always other factors involved like possibility for advancement and personal preferences and the like.

Why do some of you guys think Rocker is coming back home? I just dont see it happening... I'd LOVE it, I just haven't seen ANY indication that is even an option, well not anywhere but on message boards.

Why do some of you guys think Rocker is coming back home? I just dont see it happening... I'd LOVE it, I just haven't seen ANY indication that is even an option, well not anywhere but on message boards.

That is all I've seen. Anything is possible. Garner would have to move to another spot if they wanted to do that.

DCIW?

That would be my potential pitch....plus the bigger chance at Championships. More visibility.

If Boom is going to be a short term guy, like we all think, we would be better off to have someone on staff that can take over so as to not have to bring in another outsider. I'm guessing that was part of the conversation was between him and Gus.

Looks like the Florida 247Sports site is taking Booger seriously.

They now report:

"Anthony "Booger" McFarland, who played with Robinson in 2004 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, tweeted Saturday morning that Muschamp pursued Robinson hard to join him at Auburn, and Robinson has changed his mind and will head there."

Could you imagine being a recruit and having Garner, Muschamp, and Takeo Freaking Spikes in your living room?

No Spikes. He hasn't coached a day in his life. This isn't a training ground for first timers.

That rocker recruiting thing is bs IMO. Whether he likes it or not is irrelevant as long as he does it is all that matters

Could Spikes coach linebackers? YES

NO. He's never been a coach a day in his life. Auburn is NOT the place to learn how to coach.

Could Spikes coach linebackers? YES

Needs to be GA first

Not really. He has about 20 years experience in the NFL. GA is for young people trying to get into coaching.

That being said, I agree we need an experienced coach to teach the fundamentals, something we have lacked since CWM was here last time.

Sources say Shannon is on board if we offer DCIW title.

J/k.

Archived