Muschamp's Defensive Staff

AEAugirl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing has officially been announced regarding T Rob, not even in today's presser. Is it a done deal?

They'll announce that separately when and if it happens. won't be a presser. All future changes in position coaches will just happen. They don't have an official opening right now and they won't until after the bowl game.

Will Muschamp will likely be one of the db coaches with TRob as the other. Smith, if kept on board, would likely have to be given a different role. Unfortunately, I don't see where he will be given any on the field role..

Imo his coaching record was too good with db's to be let go. And you actually saw Jones get better. He just didn't have much to work with here on top of not having a pass rush. Don't know too many coaches that could have been successful in his predicament

Agree. I hope we keep Smith and Garner.

Don't know if he's a better coach than coach Smith but I look forward to finding out. If there was any coach on staff that could use talent as an excuse it's Smith

Coach Smith didn't even have people tackling or covering most of the time

Its literally inexplicable what our DBs were taught the past two years

Don't know if he's a better coach than coach Smith but I look forward to finding out. If there was any coach on staff that could use talent as an excuse it's Smith

Good lord, what a dumb post. Do you honestly think they weren't taught to cover or tackle? Coaches don't forget how to coach.

Good lord, what a dumb post. Do you honestly think they weren't taught to cover or tackle? Coaches don't forget how to coach.

^

Good lord, I don't care. They might've as well forgotten at least they would've had an actual excuse for being terrible.

Don't mind him, he has some type of personal beef with me that make him blurt out things that doesn't really make sense because he's gung ho with trying to start arguments with me. He probably doesn't even really feel that way

Don't mind him, he has some type of personal beef with me that make him blurt out things that doesn't really make sense because he's gung ho with trying to start arguments with me. He probably doesn't even really feel that way

What personal beef? To still consider Smith a good coach after the past two years where I can count how many SERVICABLE DBs we had on one hand is outrageous. Let's not mention that he's supposedly the black hole of the "problems" that led to us having get a new DC in the first "darn" place. I personally don't want him anywhere near the program.

Oh "supposedly" huh? Just think about that one. And what corner on the team the past two years do you feel was extremely talented? Guess you just throw away his record of successful corners coached before he got here right? But whatever dude it's your opinion but I have mine as well

Let's not mention that he's supposedly the black hole of the "problems" that led to us having get a new DC in the first damn place. I personally don't want him anywhere near the program.

That was Harbison, not Smith. At least get your facts straight.

Hope the Boomeister gets whoever he wants-end of story. It would be nice to have someone in house to promote to coordinator that can learn from Muschamp whenever he decides to take a HC position

What personal beef? To still consider Smith a good coach after the past two years where I can count how many SERVICABLE DBs we had on one hand is outrageous. Let's not mention that he's supposedly the black hole of the "problems" that led to us having get a new DC in the first damn place. I personally don't want him anywhere near the program.

No, To judge someone off two years and ignore the rest of their resume that proves they have been a solid coach is what's outrageous.

Smith, Harbison and Garner all very well respected coaches - I just don't think their philosophies worked well with EJ and his 4-2-5. Specifically the secondary - smith is not a awful coach and more than likely has forgotten more about football than the person calling him such....

What personal beef? To still consider Smith a good coach after the past two years where I can count how many SERVICABLE DBs we had on one hand is outrageous. Let's not mention that he's supposedly the black hole of the "problems" that led to us having get a new DC in the first damn place. I personally don't want him anywhere near the program.

So since you didn't even have the right guy can CMS come back to campus......keep posting inaccurate stuff and off the wall comments and people are bound to notice....

I'm curious to know who would get fired to make room for T-Rob and potentially others.

It's widely assumed that Harbison will be gone. Smith may be gone as well. T-Rob and Will would work with the defensive backs and then he'd hire a linebacker coach. I don't know if Gus plans to do it or not but he needs a new ST coach too. Garner may stay at DL or possibly move to ST/TE and retain his recruiting coordinator asst. hc title. My guess is he stays put at DL.

No, To judge someone off two years and ignore the rest of their resume that proves they have been a solid coach is what's outrageous.

That's what every single Auburn fan has done at some point since 2009, don't call me out for that. You're lying if you haven't looked at other "solid" coaches come to Auburn, flop, and then think "Well what happened?"

Alright Harbison caused the problems, Smith can't coach, sorry about that

Any comments of his corners at miss st? Consecutive years of luck? You didn't answer my question about who are the guys on the roster that you feel are very good but were under coached. I'm interested

Alright Harbison caused the problems, Smith can't coach, sorry about that

Any comments of his corners at miss st? Consecutive years of luck?

Do you have any comments on Garner's linemen at Georgia or Johnson's defenses at South Carolina or Harbison's guys at Clemson? We're talking about NOW

I can name essentially our entire secondary in 2010 and 2011, but if you meant currently, Ruffin, Moncrief, Therezie, Alexander, Frazier, were names that were supposedly very talented figures and have been mismanaged or have regressed to this point. And I don't know what happened to Kiehl (a guy who got offered to play safety at other D1 programs)

Looks like AU will be paying another 3 or 4 guys not to coach at Auburn next season. Gus was generous after last year and I read elsewhere that most of the staff have contracts out to 2016 or 2017....and some of them make pretty good money.

Does this upset you?

Not particularly....not my money but seen a lot of complaining about paying Barbee for not coaching...and Chiz and some others...and program lost money last season they say....just an observation.

Looks like AU will be paying another 3 or 4 guys not to coach at Auburn next season. Gus was generous after last year and I read elsewhere that most of the staff have contracts out to 2016 or 2017....and some of them make pretty good money.

Does this upset you?

Not particularly....not my money but seen a lot of complaining about paying Barbee for not coaching...and Chiz and some others...and program lost money last season they say....just an observation.

Doing the right thing sometimes bears red ink.

Archived