Visitors for 1/16 weekend

War Eagle77

I guess Payne and Johnson will not show up on the 16th?

Johnson is done with the OVs. Payne might.

If Payne visits on the 16th, Dismukes needs to keep an eye on him.

I'm not even sure why we would want him around those particular recruits on that day, do you ?

Nope unless he has given the coaches an indication that he is flippable.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saban probably wants DP to visit AU on the 16th. Being the good guys we will likely oblige him. Just hope it doesn't have a negative impact with other legitimate recruits.

Saban probably wants DP to visit AU on the 16th. Being the good guys we will likely oblige him. Just hope it doesn't have a negative impact with other legitimate recruits.

I personally feel Payne has chosen and there is no need to have him come in on the 16th. I see Foster all over.....

I'm sure he does want him there, LOL. But the last I checked, well you know.

I personally feel Payne has chosen and there is no need to have him come in on the 16th. I see Foster all over.....

I see Foster and Evans combined. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if he didn't show. Didn't he get ejected for throwing a punch the other day? And doesn't he only give effort half the time? Not a guy we should want anyways if that is his attitude

Whether Payne comes here on the 16th or not is on us. All we have to do is call him, wish him the best and say we're not paying him anything and there's no room for him.

It's sad that so many of you are willing to accept it as fact that we can't take a recruit away from Nick Saban.

That's not true. We have flipped guys like Stephen Roberts and Kal Bessent. It's the specific recruit in Payne and the fact that the staff has been played by Bammer commits in the past.

It's sad that so many of you are willing to accept it as fact that we can't take a recruit away from Nick Saban.

That's not true. We have flipped guys like Stephen Roberts and Kal Bessent. It's the specific recruit in Payne and the fact that the staff has been played by Bammer commits in the past.

This staff got played once, by Evans, who never committed to Auburn.

I think it's high time Auburn returns the favor.

Not this staff but Foster and Yeldon still leave a bad taste.

Oh, definitely. But do we just keep conceding the state's top recruits to Saban every season because of it? What kind of chickensh** attitude would that be?

Oh, definitely. But do we just keep conceding the state's top recruits to Saban every season because of it? What kind of chickensh** attitude would that be?

Hell no!! We don't concede anything to him. That is why I'm not opposed to Payne coming in on the 16th as long as we keep a close eye on him.

Hell no!! We don't concede anything to him. That is why I'm not opposed to Payne coming in on the 16th as long as we keep a close eye on him.

Thanks for the civil response to an uncivil question. I was kind of venting about an ongoing theme I see elsewhere in the recruiting forum. Certainly not commenting on anything you've said.

I agree about keeping that close eye on him, absolutely!

Never concede anything to saban. Recruit this kid till the end but hedge your bets. You just don't have this bama commit here on that particular weekend with all these other recruits.

We didn't concede Roc Thomas, Tre Williams, or this year K. Johnson and I don't see posters suggesting conceding others that are in play. What's being said is that since this Payne guy has been called a bammer lock from the get go by numerous sources and he's now publicly committed to them, let this one go and move on.

I don't want him over here on January 16th polluting the atmosphere and you can bet your mama's favorite apron that's what he'll be trying to do here.

Bama is trying to flip Williams and Johnson, so why shouldn't we go after Payne? Are Johnson and Williams going to Bama to recruit for us? I hope so. It wasn't that many years ago that Tommy Jackson went to Thugaloser to recruit for us on his visit.

We didn't concede Roc Thomas, Tre Williams, or this year K. Johnson and I don't see posters suggesting conceding others that are in play. What's being said is that since this Payne guy has been called a bammer lock from the get go by numerous sources and he's now publicly committed to them, let this one go and move on.

I don't want him over here on January 16th polluting the atmosphere and you can bet your mama's favorite apron that's what he'll be trying to do here.

In other words, concede the top recruit in the state. Again, I'm glad our coaches have more sack than that.

In other words, concede the top recruit in the state. Again, I'm glad our coaches have more sack than that.

Your "in other words" is invalid. Have another cup of coffee and then come back.

Your "in other words" is invalid. Have another cup of coffee and then come back.

You're right. I just checked and 247 has Payne ranked 3 spots below Kerryon Johnson. So, by the standard by which this board goes, he is not the top prospect in this state; however, given his proximity in their rankings to the top prospect, and given the relative need for Auburn of the positions they play, I'm comfortable standing by Payne being Auburn's most important recruit in the state.

Alabama wants Payne. Auburn wants Payne. To discontinue recruiting Payne would be to concede him to Alabama. Weak, weak technicality aside, my point is valid.

Weak, weak technicality aside, my point is valid.

This statement reminds me of the ole "legend in his own mind" thing. You can say your point is valid but the world in general wouldn't agree. Not having Payne here to pollute things on the 16th is a great idea. If the idea of calling a spade a spade and stopping wasting time on Payne bothers you, what's wrong with changing his visit date to the 23rd or 30th when he can't campaign against Auburn? I'll bet he wouldn't even show up.

This statement reminds me of the ole "legend in his own mind" thing. You can say your point is valid but the world in general wouldn't agree. Not having Payne here to pollute things on the 16th is a great idea. If the idea of calling a spade a spade and stopping wasting time on Payne bothers you, what's wrong with changing his visit date to the 23rd or 30th when he can't campaign against Auburn? I'll bet he wouldn't even show up.

Exactly. Bring him in some other time but not when you're trying to build a positive vibe on the 16th.

Wow, Mikey. Going with smug and wrong at the same time. Not a good look.

If you want to say that Payne being here on the 16th is a bad idea, that's fine. You didn't, though. You said "let this one go and move on". You're contradicting yourself with some regularity lately.

And the strategy behind bringing him in on the 16th is obvious. The coaches, who evidently are neither as informed nor as perceptive as you, consider him to be as important as the other visitors who will be here that weekend and they want him to know that. I sure wish they'd consult you, though.

He's a long shot, but they may think if they get him in AU with other big cats who get to talking about what they can achieve at Auburn it might sway him.

"Big cats". Exactly. Same idea. Not complicated.

Archived