2015-2016 Basketball Recruiting Board (Updated: 6/21/2016)

kwren34

JMO no facts but I don't think he goes to MSU they signed 5 with one being a 4 star center 6'10' Schnider Heard. I'm really not sure how many they can sign but 5 is a lot in the early signing period.

MSU is currently at #8 in recruiting

Auburn is #17

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff Goodman ?@GoodmanESPN 40m40 minutes ago

Mississippi State's Ben Howland on verge of landing another Top 100 kid. Look for big man Abdul Ado to pledge to Howland today, per source.

Mississippi State's Ben Howland on verge of landing another Top 100 kid. Look for big man Abdul Ado to pledge to Howland today, per source.

This would be a real bummer.

Agreed. It felt like we had a better shot with Abdul than Bam. Anybody that chooses Starkville over Auburn needs to be medicated so oh well.

Agreed. It felt like we had a better shot with Abdul than Bam. Anybody that chooses Starkville over Auburn needs to be medicated so oh well.

Even still, the fact that players like Bam and Ado are even considering Auburn speaks volumes to what Pearl is doing.

Well damn there goes my gut feeling working. Howland is doing a damn good job at MSU.......crap

Bruce Pearl has been saying for some time that the SEC is getting stronger. If you think about it, he's absolutely right.

Kentucky - always going to be alpha in this league.

Florida - has cycles of being VERY good and a bubble team.

LSU - has done a great job recruiting over the last few years. They will compete with Kentucky for the title this year.

Miss State - 1-2 years behind LSU.

Tennessee - Rick Barnes should develop and recruit and have Tennessee competing for a spot in the tournament every year

Auburn - should be a solid tournament team in the next year or so

Alabama - fired Grant (seemingly unexpectedly) to hire Avery Johnson, I think this move was made to make sure Alabama stays ahead of Auburn. (best of luck with that plan ;))

Arkansas - signed VERY good juco players, should help keep them in the top half of the league

Vanderbilt - seems to always have a competitive team

Texas A&M - recruited very well the past few years, has potential to be a top-25 team

Ole Miss - a lot of juco players, but they seem to have taken a step backwards

Missouri and Georgia should start to trend upwards with decent recruiting.

And then there is South Carolina....

Wow 2 big time centers for MSU. means MSU is signing 6 players

So much bull crap but that is Howland. His last year at UCLA he brought in the second ranked recruiting class and finished with a conference regular season championship and still got fired.

I hear Kentucky has set up itself very nice to steal away Bam Abedayo from NC State tomorrow.

After losing out on Ado and Bam, Bruno Fernando could be one to watch

http://247sports.com...-Fernando-85464

Have we offered him yet?

No offer from Auburn.

LSU and Alabama are the only offers. UCF is also in the mix.

I'd imagine Auburn making a push for Azubuike. It's more of a long shot, but Pearl has the ability to land top talent.

Have we offered him yet?

No offer from Auburn.

I'd imagine Auburn making a push for Azubuike. It's more of a long shot, but Pearl has the ability to land top talent.

Azubuike seems to be fading away from Auburn. Growing interest in Kansas and still a Florida State lean, as they're having a hell of a class. I honestly thought we had a better shot at Bam than Azubuike. But hopefully Pearl turns up the heat as you said. It would be amazing if we could pull him in

Have we offered him yet?

No offer from Auburn.

Azubuike seems to be fading away from Auburn. Growing interest in Kansas and still a Florida State lean, as they're having a hell of a class. I honestly thought we had a better shot at Bam than Azubuike. But hopefully Pearl turns up the heat as you said. It would be amazing if we could pull him in

We definitely need some bigs.

I know that we're looking to add a big man in the late signing period. But with the continual health issues of TSD, does anyone know if we are still recruiting Kobi Simmons?

Top 30 overall '16 center Udoka Azuibuike was at the game tonight.

He may be the most important recruit in Auburn this weekend regardless of sport. We NEED a big man in this class!

Need two this year. Only Spencer and the other PF that will be a freshman , will be the only two big guys Auburn has left on the roster.

• 3 weeks later...

Heron scored 48 points in his season opener. Help is on the way!

( scroll to 1:51 into the video to watch last nights highlights.)

It seems like Heron is a lefty and I hated guarding lefties. His basketball program is legit though.

Archived