2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

I don't think we got screwed by anyone. We got in it late for Cowart, for the reasons already stated. We gave it our best shot. It may well have worked. But if he doesn't sign with us, it wasn't because we got screwed by anyone's mom.

I still don't believe that this story is true, but IF it is then but/for the mother's of both Cowart and Burt, they both would have chosen Auburn, so yes I stick by what I originally said.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ellitor, do you think AU was ever his school of choice or was it always FL regardless of the CB picks, etc.?

Yes and still do. Did you not read my post on the previous page where the staff feels we land him? Things may have changed but at last report also the Gator staff felt AU was the team to beat.

Thank u for the response. No, I missed that post but good to hear. Got my hands full with trying to get kids breakfast & ready for church while checking for some updates. Hope we sign him bc he can be a difference maker.

I don't think we got screwed by anyone. We got in it late for Cowart, for the reasons already stated. We gave it our best shot. It may well have worked. But if he doesn't sign with us, it wasn't because we got screwed by anyone's mom.

I still don't believe that this story is true, but IF it is then but/for the mother's of both Cowart and Burt, they both would have chosen Auburn, so yes I stick by what I originally said.

Burt was genuinely torn at one point. While it's likely, I don't think it's a slam dunk Burt picks AU w/out his mom's push.

On Cowart, even though I don't know the details, it's my understanding he has rough evtenuating family circumstances so I have no problem w/ Cowart picking Florida if that's his choice.

so we've now reached the point where any confidence from a florida message board, based on info from an FSU guy, is enough to get some of us up on the ledge? I take this more as UF people throwing up a prayer because they realize that at this point they're only even still in it because they're closer to home for him and he's been looking at them longer

so we've now reached the point where any confidence from a florida message board, based on info from an FSU guy, is enough to get some of us up on the ledge? I take this more as UF people throwing up a prayer because they realize that at this point they're only even still in it because they're closer to home for him and he's been looking at them longer

Well the FSU guy was communicating w/ Cowart because Cowart was thinking about taking a Saturday visit to FSU but desided not to do it. So it's possible the FSU guy got some real intel. The good thing though is AU reporters have not gotten that intel yet so it may not be real or a deciding factor.

Burt was genuinely torn at one point. While it's likely, I don't think it's a slam dunk Burt picks AU w/out his mom's push.

On Cowart, even though I don't know the details, it's my understanding he has rough evtenuating family circumstances so I have no problem w/ Cowart picking Florida if that's his choice.

I don't have any ill will towards either Burt or Cowart (ASSUMING all the stories are true...who knows if they are or not). At the end of the day they have to make the choice that is best for them and their family. When I was in high school I chose to move to a different country than my parents were living in to finish out my last two years of high scvhool, so I know it must be tough, but my prior posts were simply stating the great infliuece mother's have on their children, which is to be expected.

I don't have any ill will towards either Burt or Cowart (ASSUMING all the stories are true...who knows if they are or not). At the end of the day they have to make the choice that is best for them and their family. When I was in high school I chose to move to a different country than my parents were living in to finish out my last two years of high scvhool, so I know it must be tough, but my prior posts were simply stating the great infliuece mother's have on their children, which is to be expected.

The point you're not absorbing is it is inaccurate and disrespectful to refer to a recruits mother using the term "screwed" to describe their behavior. It makes the person using the term look like an immature, butthurt type person and that perception can bleed over to the rest of the fanbase.

I'm still feeling good about Cowart and agree he'd be awesome at AU.

I'm not saying this is happening here; but it wouldn't surprise me if some of these highly coveted recruits are putting out some disinformation (like telling multiple coaching staffs that they plan to come to their schools).

It also wouldn't surprise me if they are genuinely telling coaches from multiple staffs that the want to play for them. Anyone who's actually torn would be well within his rights to indicate to multiple staffs that he wants to come there. Some people will call that playing games. IMO, if someone is genuinely torn, it's just indecision right before decision time. That makes it tough for coaches, obviously. But that's why they make contingency plans.

It could also lead to conflicting CBs from staff writers at the recruiting services.

We'll know for sure soon.

If Cowart has extenuating family circumstances I'll be a bit surprised if he strays far from home. He seems to be a natural born leader and I bet he's having a hard time deciding. I hope I'm dead wrong but I'm not as confident as I once was.

If Cowart has extenuating family circumstances I'll be a bit surprised if he strays far from home. He seems to be a natural born leader and I bet he's having a hard time deciding. I hope I'm dead wrong but I'm not as confident as I once was.

I don't know anything about extenuating circumstances, and details could change things. But Cowart strikes me as a long-term thinker. I think he'll make the decision to go to whatever school he thinks will give him the best chance to succeed over the long haul. For him, that's a combination of football and athletics. I wish more kids would make their decisions this way.

If the staff felt like they were going to lose Cowart, then there would be new DE offers going out for this class. That hasn't happened yet so I still feel optimistic about Cowart.

Much like when we offered Markell Boston last year. That is when I thought we would lose Rashaan Evans and look what happened, so don't hop on the "Cowart to FL" bandwagon just yet.

Can someone please tell me what has happened the last 48hrs for this tread to escalate as quickly as it has?

An FSU recruiting site writer switched his CB from FSU to UF after Cowart decided not to visit FSU. He made it sound as if Cowart's camp had given him reason to believe Cowart would not sign with Auburn.

Then, the gathering at the edge of the cliff began to grow.

Can someone please tell me what has happened the last 48hrs for this tread to escalate as quickly as it has?

An FSU recruiting site writer switched his CB from FSU to UF after Cowart decided not to visit FSU. He made it sound as if Cowart's camp had given him reason to believe Cowart would not sign with Auburn.

If his previous CB was FSU , how credible is he?

If his previous CB was FSU , how credible is he?

LOL

These scenarios right before signing day are as inevitable as the "(insert key AU player name) breaks leg right before Iron Bowl" post. Cowart has had a plan the whole time balancing school and football. He doesn't seem to be a kneejerk type kid. I can see the UF in home giving him a second though but think he will stick with his plan which IMO is to sign with AU. It certainly doesn't hurt to elevate the interest in his announcement either.

Archived