2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there such a thing as a "Florida lock" right now? I want to know how many recruits jump ship if it turns into another dumpster fire of a season for UF

Maybe but he's long, long gone. Always UF/FSU battle, IMO.

• 2 months later...

I brought this thread back over from the Rivals section then tried to merge it with the new Cowart thread y'all created but the posts in the new thread have disappeared. I don't know what happened and I'm sorry.

Anyway the latest on Cowart is he will be very interested in AU if we hire Boom. He has AU 4th right now.

Cowart has renewed interest, any word if Jefferson does as well?

Jefferson got 3 CBs to bammer in the last couple of days.

At this point in time it means nothing. Muschamp has a great relationship with CeCe and once he gets him here on a visit I love our chances.

So very important for AU to get True Frosh top line talent. We need to really build the depth... Juco just keeps filling gaps.

This would be a monster get.

Will*

Byron Cowart visited Auburn for the Iron Bowl last year. Before that game he had very little interest in Auburn. That game opened his eyes. We we're definitely one of the teams that he was heavily considering early on. But as he has recently said, he didn't want to play a 4-3 defensive end with his hand 100% in the ground. And that is what Ellis Johnson & Garner we're recruiting him to do. He wants to play the Buck LB position that Muschamp used with Dante Fowler, Jr. We now have that position for him to play. Getting Brad Lawing to come with Muschamp would also help tremendously since he was the position coach recruiting him to Florida.

In my opinion, Byron Cowart is the first and most important piece. Not only do you get a 5* DE and potentially the top recruit in the country, but it also opens up the door for the other Florida players. He & CeCe Jefferson has publicly stated that they would like to play together in college. While they are not a package deal, getting Cowart would go a long way with Jefferson.

Cowart also battled with Martez Ivey at various camps over the summer. After Martez faced Cowart in one-on-one drills, he admitted that he needed to work on his pass-blocking skills. What better sales pitch to give to Ivey than to tell him that he gets to go against Cowart every day in practice for the next 3-4 years? Iron sharpeneth iron, right? That would only help both of these players in becoming elite.

If it looks like we are moving towards more of a 3-4 how does the rest of the talent on the roster fit into that?

I imagine if a guy like Andrew Williams or even Lawson can play well standing up we could possibly do it. Nose tackle is very important though. I don't think Adams is really a nose tackle type he seems to be more of an d end in a 3-4 role. If we had Blackson and gabe back for one more year we'd be in good shape as far as a d line stand point

Archived