2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

This whole thing seems pretty shady to me. If Byron kept saying he faxed it, I just don't think he lied.. It sounds like there were some people trying to put some heavy duty persuasion on this kid. Isn't it ironic that McElwain was at Alabama when Kwanjo (sp) pulled his trick and now at Florida when this incident happens? Thank goodness that Cowart stuck to his guns and didn't get swayed. Just my opinion. I have no facts to back this up, but it makes you go :dunno:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just in the car listening to a local sports talk show here in Huntsville, and the guy who covers SEC recruiting for Saturdays Down South was on. The host was asking about the BC situation and he said that there had been a lot of dirty stuff going on behind the scenes. He didn't elaborate much, but he did say that UF had been employing some "dirty recruiting tactics." I don't know if we'll ever get the full story, but I for one would love to hear it. From the outside it looks shady to say the least.

McElwain did work with Saban so he probably learned a thing or two.

This young man is most welcomed to Auburn. He and J. Holland were the 2 that I started pulling for when they showed up in the Orange and Blue radar. I still say his mom needs to lead the Tiger Walk for our first game. Heck, why not let the parents of each young man be a part of Tiger Walk all season so that no one gets left out.

This young man is most welcomed to Auburn. He and J. Holland were the 2 that I started pulling for when they showed up in the Orange and Blue radar. I still say his mom needs to lead the Tiger Walk for our first game. Heck, why not let the parents of each young man be a part of Tiger Walk all season so that no one gets left out.

Doc you were right about Cece not going to Ole Miss..

Doc you were right about Cece not going to Ole Miss..

Hahahah!!! I think Cece kept track of Doc's post. He probably read every one of them.

After all the flips, Brent Calloway, Rueben Foster and Dee Liner, I never consider any recruit a Tiger until the come out of the tunnel at Jordan Hare.

Well it would cost them a year now and Gus can prevent any from going to an SEC school.

After all the flips, Brent Calloway, Rueben Foster and Dee Liner, I never consider any recruit a Tiger until the come out of the tunnel at Jordan Hare.

On the home side of the field, that is.

ESPN had a story up earlier that said he was wavering about AU but quickly did an about face when the LOI came in, typical of them. However we must remember that McElwain is a midget trained man and IMO was pulling some last minute shenanigans behind the scenes with Cowart and remember saban learned from the biggest cheat of all time, Bill Belichick or Belicheat as I like to call him.. We may or may not ever learn the true story because it is now a moot point. The good guys won after all. :hellyeah::bow:

On the home side of the field, that is.

In pads, with an AU jersey on.

As far as I know CeCe hasn't faxed his NLI so it's still in the air.

Edit...what 3rd gen said

Per Gator boards, he didn't go to school today and will fax from the school machine tomorrow.

But heck, maybe that's enough time for Cowart and Holland to get in his ear.

As far as I know CeCe hasn't faxed his NLI so it's still in the air.

Edit...what 3rd gen said

Per Gator boards, he didn't go to school today and will fax from the school machine tomorrow.

But heck, maybe that's enough time for Cowart and Holland to get in his ear.

Those Florida and Georgia fans are probably a little apprehensive right now about their 'commits' with Auburn connections... :bananadance:

Archived