2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the flips, Brent Calloway, Rueben Foster and Dee Liner, I never consider any recruit a Tiger until the come out of the tunnel at Jordan Hare.

On the home side of the field, that is.

In pads, with an AU jersey on.

Excuse me. Out of OUR tunnel at JHS! :-)

So is this true, did the coach sit on the letter all day for some reason and Auburn had to send another letter to the principal? Or was it he was waiting on CeCe?

I've been at work most of today, not getting any work done but would like some insider information if its available.

So is this true, did the coach sit on the letter all day for some reason and Auburn had to send another letter to the principal? Or was it he was waiting on CeCe?

I've been at work most of today, not getting any work done but would like some insider information if its available.

All signs point to the coach being the cause of all the drama. Byron maintained all day that he intended on signing with AU.

This is a legendary thread

Agreed....but in the end, so worth it.

Well, yeah. But I can't help but being a little pissed-off about the way this happened. I just don't know where to direct my anger.

Well, yeah. But I can't help but being a little pissed-off about the way this happened. I just don't know where to direct my anger.

Hell your always pissed off. Direct your anger at me you old cuss

No way to know for certain Homer. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

Their BBQ is worthy of a 2nd helping. The BBQ in Oxford, MS is just not that good. Try McDonald's in Asheville, NC near the Biltmore House. It is fun having someone playing the Violin while you are stuffing down a Big Mac. Anyhow, make sure you have a bottle of Tums nearby.

I am going to start the "Butthead Academy of Buttheads" I am planning the curriculum and should have it ready come next Monday. I will be interviewing for staff positions.

Hell your always pissed off. Direct your anger at me you old cuss

That would be the equivalent of cussing-out Alfred - what, me worry?- E. Neuman.

No way to know for certain Homer. I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

You are undoubtedly right. All the principles involved will want to drop it.

lessons learned, send about five to ten letters & make them sign all...when a family member or coach runs away with it, they whip out the other and fax it in. heck send a portable fax along too.

I assume it would be a recruiting violation to send over a scanner. Otherwise they could just use FreeFax.

yeah i'm just messing around. trying to make light of a crazy situation.

lessons learned, send about five to ten letters & make them sign all...when a family member or coach runs away with it, they whip out the other and fax it in. heck send a portable fax along too.

Doubt that happened today...so maybe a different lesson learned...like don't commit on signing day until you're ready to fax your letter...or maybe we should all stop paying so much attention to high schoolers....like that'll ever happen ;D

Doubt that happened today...so maybe a different lesson learned...like don't commit on signing day until you're ready to fax your letter...or maybe we should all stop paying so much attention to high schoolers....like that'll ever happen ;D

you said it man!

Yahoo's story on the matter.

Interesting read if there is truth to it...

some quotes

"Cowart’s version, as it has been told to multiple recruiting analysts, including Rivals’ Mike Farrell: he left only one signed letter, with Auburn, for Callahan to fax. Wilson told Yahoo Sports at the signing announcement that the letter had been faxed – or at least she believed it had been. She signed him out of school around 10:30 a.m. ET and the family left, with no public indication that a controversy was about to explode.

But when Auburn concluded its signing day broadcast without publicizing Cowart’s signing – schools cannot say anything about a recruit until his formal paperwork has been received – questions began to percolate. Cowart told Farrell on Wednesday afternoon he didn’t know why the letter was not faxed."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/letter-of-intent-bungle-leaves-byron-cowart-s-commitment-up-in-air-193233143-ncaaf.html

I don't know what happened. Things happen sometimes and it's easy to assume something nefarious. Whatever did or didn't happen, Cowart is an Auburn Tiger now and that's all that matters.

I think we now know why Florida started getting CB's this past weekend as a result of information received from "sources" close to Cowart. That's why Newberg and others started thinking UF.

We also now know why it was reported first thing this morning that Cowart had signed both letters and didn't know which one to send in right before his announcement. This garbage was coming from his head coach!

very interesting indeed, WarEagleAU and Cameron.

I read an espn story that said that it was Muschamp that actually pulled the letter off the fax machine and handed it to Gus as he was walking to the press conference.

Yeah really. It got hairy around here for a while. I can only imagine what would have happened had he actually gone somewhere else.

If the stories of the coach's behavior is true then that is truly deplorable and sad. BC had a very mature approach (IMHO). I would send multiple faxes a day to the high school office one page at a time for the entire school year just to remind the administration of how this coach acted. In the end, BC is an AU tiger and weathered the crap storm at his school.

I am glad this is all over and we have Byron as an AU Tiger. After all the dust settled, I think we have a Great class of new Tigers. Now I have to go into work tomorrow and try to catch up from not doing anything today except hitting the refresh button.

Just heard one of the ESPN guys on Freddie Coleman. He had been in touch with Cowart during the course of the day. He said Cowart told him it was a case of him wanting a little more time just to be absolutely sure.

FWIW, Jordan Griffin's (Cowart's teammate & Vandy signee) NLI went in at 8:30 AM.

Bingo. As I've maintained all day, the ONLY holdup for Cowart was where Jefferson was going. Had NOTHING to do with Cowart's high school coach.

Archived