2015 5* DE Byron Cowart commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Bump.... War Eagle

What's the purpose of a "bump"? To make people open a thread and waste time that could have been better spent elsewhere? There's nothing wrong with not commenting if you don't have a comment to make. Think about it, please!

Mikey...I always go to your posts....but ...bump...wasted my time here....do I take it you were being sarcastic ? Uh,...is someone going to tell me to PM now?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bump.... War Eagle

What's the purpose of a "bump"? To make people open a thread and waste time that could have been better spent elsewhere? There's nothing wrong with not commenting if you don't have a comment to make. Think about it, please!

Mikey...I always go to your posts....but ...bump...wasted my time here....do I take it you were being sarcastic ? Uh,...is someone going to tell me to PM now?

Read it again, please. It wasn't me that did the "bump" thing. I was complaining about the previous poster doing that. :)

Well since this has been bumped...

The general consensus seems to be that Cowart likes the idea of playing Muschamp's stand up DE "Buck" position a la Dante Fowler. Does anybody know if Geoff Collin's defenses have historically employed anything thing like this? All I can find on his defenses at MSSU was that it was a base 4-3 and that they were aggressive. No real mention of employing the occasional or hybrid 3-4 set or anything like that. Anybody have more knowledge than that?

Well since this has been bumped...

The general consensus seems to be that Cowart likes the idea of playing Muschamp's stand up DE "Buck" position a la Dante Fowler. Does anybody know if Geoff Collin's defenses have historically employed anything thing like this? All I can find on his defenses at MSSU was that it was a base 4-3 and that they were aggressive. No real mention of employing the occasional or hybrid 3-4 set or anything like that. Anybody have more knowledge than that?

Don't know about Collins but Cowart has talked to Fowler. Fowler told him that everything WM told him when recruited him WM lived up to his word. Big plus for WM & AU. Cowart will start at AU day one and he knows this.

Yes to the Buck position also. I bet we see C. Lawson lined up at the buck some also.

FWIW KK posted this elsewhere

Talked to someone in the Jacksonville area that knows that lay of the land. From what he says

Jefferson is PT hungry and wants to be a major impact on a program guy, not just another dude. He really likes Bama but think he's just another guy there. He knows he'll be king at Ole Miss and he really likes Freeze, but if he can early PT at AU and Cowart goes to AU, as does Holland, he's apt to come along if he likes his visit.

Talked to someone in the Jacksonville area that knows that lay of the land. From what he says

Jefferson is PT hungry and wants to be a major impact on a program guy, not just another dude. He really likes Bama but think he's just another guy there. He knows he'll be king at Ole Miss and he really likes Freeze, but if he can early PT at AU and Cowart goes to AU, as does Holland, he's apt to come along if he likes his visit.

Thanks E for the post! Great potential news.

Thanks E for the post! Great potential news.

Yes, please!

KK=Kyle K??

I did the bump. He is a first page kind of player . Sorry I hurt your feelings Mikey . It's ok buddy

You didn't hurt my feelings, you just wasted my time. What is a "first page kind of player"? If there's news about any player his thread appears on the first page. If there is no news his thread falls to following pages as it should. A bump with no news is a waste.

I did the bump. He is a first page kind of player . Sorry I hurt your feelings Mikey . It's ok buddy

You didn't hurt my feelings, you just wasted my time. What is a "first page kind of player"? If there's news about any player his thread appears on the first page. If there is no news his thread falls to following pages as it should. A bump with no news is a waste.

Bump . ;)

I just saw an article on ESPN that said he already has his decision made...i don't know if thats good or bad for us.

It's good only if he's already decided to come to Auburn.

Looks VERY good for AU. Many have said it is all about relationships with Cowart and he is the closest with Muschamp.

FSU does not have the major he wants....AU does :)

Archived