2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

I've just not seen anything of late to indicate he has more than a casual interest in Auburn. As is his perfect right.

He's pretty casual with everyone. I wouldn't be shocked for any school to get him

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol it's hilarious how little respect Ole Miss gets from people on this board. Sure they have been mediocre the past forever but are definitely on the rise and are more than capable of beating AU. The same goes for Miss St and they actually did beat AU this past season.

Ole Miss has not done anything close to the point to where they have gained my respect. When they fired Cutcliffe (not sure about the spelling),They lost my respect. They have done squat in the past 50 years. I do not see them winning more than 6 or 7 games for 2015. Freeze is a decent coach at best. He is light years away from being anything close to CGM. Mississippi State will be the best team from the state of Mississippi next season and beyond. I am not trying to be obnoxious or anything like that. I am just telling it like it is folks. I feel bad for those 4 & 5 star players from their 2013 class. Those young men will not have the opportunity to play for a division or conference championship. I know their is a lot of love for Ole Miss out there, but I think it is futile as far as championships go.

Lol it's hilarious how little respect Ole Miss gets from people on this board. Sure they have been mediocre the past forever but are definitely on the rise and are more than capable of beating AU. The same goes for Miss St and they actually did beat AU this past season.

Ole Miss has not done anything close to the point to where they have gained my respect. When they fired Cutcliffe (not sure about the spelling),They lost my respect. They have done squat in the past 50 years. I do not see them winning more than 6 or 7 games for 2015. Freeze is a decent coach at best. He is light years away from being anything close to CGM. Mississippi State will be the best team from the state of Mississippi next season and beyond. I am not trying to be obnoxious or anything like that. I am just telling it like it is folks. I feel bad for those 4 & 5 star players from their 2013 class. Those young men will not have the opportunity to play for a division or conference championship. I know their is a lot of love for Ole Miss out there, but I think it is futile as far as championships go.

So what do you think about Ole Miss?

I really had to hold it in folks! I have a lot of legitimate reasons for my take on OM. When it comes to OM, the glass 3/4 empty!

It would be sweet if we could get Cowart, CeCe, Ivey, Tega and Norton.

Hard to argue with that a4e.

Amen...say it again!

This thread probably belongs on the rivals forum...guess we are still holding out in blind faith?

It's rivals if he commits elsewhere...meaning tiger meat

All ole miss has to do is get lucky and hit with a qb.

All ole miss has to do is get lucky and hit with a qb.

^^^This. People refuse to admit it b/c OM has been a bottom feeder for years and years. Like it or not that land shark bit is a selling point and kids are buying it on defense. I only see OM defense getting better. They're biggest obstacle is offense and not being like LSU....a really good defense and an offense that sucks.

It's going to take a minor miracle on the QB front though. They're really banking on Machine Gun Kelly keeping his nose clean (unlikely). They don't have an SEC caliber backup. That's why pulling Wallace was never an option no matter how poorly he played or how hurt he might have been.

On top of that, they don't have anything resembling a competent run game so their QB has one of the highest degrees of difficulty in the SEC. Everything rests on their QB. Basically, think of playing QB for Bama; then imagine the opposite. That's playing QB at Ole Miss.

They have done a tremendous job recruiting other spots, defensive side of the ball especially. They're capable of winning any game with a hot QB, those WR/TEs, and that defense, but they're not really capable of playing consistently because so much falls on a singe position and the timing of the passing game. It's really, really hard to have that every week, which is why they were up and down this year.

This thread probably belongs on the rivals forum...guess we are still holding out in blind faith?

I'm not saying AU will land Cece but I do believe this is closer than most think. All depends on what Cowart does Wednesday.

It's going to take a minor miracle on the QB front though. They're really banking on Machine Gun Kelly keeping his nose clean (unlikely). They don't have an SEC caliber backup. That's why pulling Wallace was never an option no matter how poorly he played or how hurt he might have been.

On top of that, they don't have anything resembling a competent run game so their QB has one of the highest degrees of difficulty in the SEC. Everything rests on their QB. Basically, think of playing QB for Bama; then imagine the opposite. That's playing QB at Ole Miss.

They have done a tremendous job recruiting other spots, defensive side of the ball especially. They're capable of winning any game with a hot QB, those WR/TEs, and that defense, but they're not really capable of playing consistently because so much falls on a singe position and the timing of the passing game. It's really, really hard to have that every week, which is why they were up and down this year.

This describes Ole Miss football perfectly.

I'm not saying AU will land Cece but I do believe this is closer than most think. All depends on what Cowart does Wednesday.

Do you mean the package deal? If Cowart signs to AU does CeCe come to?

Maybe. Not saying its going to happen. But it could.

If Cowart and Holland commit to AU, then you have to like our chances with Cece.

If Cowart and Holland commit to AU, then you have to like our chances with Cece.

Like I said. It starts with Cowart.

Ole Miss needs a consistent running game above all else...I agree they can make some noise but until proven otherwise I can see why people have doubts....also they have put some pretty good D players in the league so I can see why CeCe would want to go there..

I am not saying OM will have a losing record in 2015. Who knows, every team in the west could wind up with winning records. I just do not see them being a huge player in the SEC West for 2015. If these young men choose OM, maybe they can help them win a game or 2 more. If this is the school of their choice, then I do wish them the best and hope they have a pleasant experience there. I really do mean this folks!

It would be sweet if we could get Cowart, CeCe, Ivey, Tega and Norton.

Hard to argue with that a4e.

Amen...say it again!

For real, add Holland and two WR's and BOOM!

We already got Boom.?

Archived