2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

we might want to simply start negative recruiting bama hard, especially since 5* Byron Cowart seems to want to follow Jefferson

That's not our style. We positively recruit AU and speak truthfully to recruits. This separates us from our competition and helps us land the kids who are the right fit for the AU family.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we might want to simply start negative recruiting bama hard, especially since 5* Byron Cowart seems to want to follow Jefferson

That's not our style. We positively recruit AU and speak truthfully to recruits. This separates us from our competition and helps us land the kids who are the right fit for the AU family.

I give you two thumbs up for this comment preacherman.

Preach!

• 3 months later...

Ce Ce left the Gator game last night after 4 plays. I know the game was boring the first half but not that bad. I did hear he got hurt in his Friday night game

It was his third straight week visiting them though, so I'm not sure how much of a negative reaction it might suggest. His shoulder could have just started hurting him or something. But who knows, he was tweeting pics of himself in the locker room before the game.

I put absolutely nothing past this coaching staff, and somehow I just feel like we ARE going to reel in a big time DL recruit (or two) like this. Call it a hunch, but I get the feeling this defense is only going to get better as the season goes along, and I think that's going to catch the attention of recruits...especially those who live far enough away that we weren't so much on their radar until the defense held a very potent Kansas State offense to less than 300 total yards on Thursday night national television. Maybe it'll be Jefferson, or maybe not, but I gotta think winning with defense the way we did proved our coaches know what they're doing on both sides of the ball, and that the exposure is going to change our defensive recruiting nationwide.

And if the defense keeps playing the way it has been, I can't help but to believe it's going to make a lot of kids from around the country (who probably don't know Auburn's history for great defense, considering the way things went on that side of the ball even during our last two SEC Championship runs) will start allowing just a glimmer of thought about coming to the Plains...and we all know how alluring Auburn is in person, especially on game day...

And if the defense keeps playing the way it has been, I can't help but to believe it's going to make a lot of kids from around the country (who probably don't know Auburn's history for great defense, considering the way things went on that side of the ball even during our last two SEC Championship runs) will start allowing just a glimmer of thought about coming to the Plains...and we all know how alluring Auburn is in person, especially on game day...

You know, I saw something out of Kris Frost this past week that was kind of weird and maybe even a touch off-putting at first, but that I eventually warmed up to and that I think might've fueled the overall performance of the defense: swagger. I think the word gets tossed around a bit too much, and it's certainly not had much place on that side of the ball for us the last few years. But I saw it this past Saturday, and it was earned, and I liked it. And I think that, on defense, swagger and success build upon each other. And I think maybe that's what kids these days are going to respond to: success combined with guys being cocky and having fun.

Yes, the relationships and early PT and NFL chances are more important, but putting out a fun, successful product will help.

There is so much hanging in the air right now with so many big programs. Florida, Texas, LSU, Michigan, South Carolina, FSU etc. They are all having problems that Auburn isn't. I can't help but believe that the deeper we get into the season, the more we get the attention of these elite prospects.

You know, I saw something out of Kris Frost this past week that was kind of weird and maybe even a touch off-putting at first, but that I eventually warmed up to and that I think might've fueled the overall performance of the defense: swagger. I think the word gets tossed around a bit too much, and it's certainly not had much place on that side of the ball for us the last few years. But I saw it this past Saturday, and it was earned, and I liked it. And I think that, on defense, swagger and success build upon each other. And I think maybe that's what kids these days are going to respond to: success combined with guys being cocky and having fun.

Yes, the relationships and early PT and NFL chances are more important, but putting out a fun, successful product will help.

I agree in spirit with this, but there's a catch: I don't think I'll ever like cocky. Swagger is one thing, and it is necessary in athletics, but I associate that word more closely with confidence than arrogance. To me, being cocky is thinking you're better than the other guy, while having swagger is knowing what you're made of and going to war determined that they're going to have to be better than your best to beat you.

As far as the factors contributing to recruiting, it's not as if Auburn is lagging behind anyone in virtually any category...my point was that this is the kind of thing that will catch a kid's eye, and sometimes that's all that is needed, especially when there are so many advantages to playing on the Plains.

I agree in spirit with this, but there's a catch: I don't think I'll ever like cocky. Swagger is one thing, and it is necessary in athletics, but I associate that word more closely with confidence than arrogance. To me, being cocky is thinking you're better than the other guy, while having swagger is knowing what you're made of and going to war determined that they're going to have to be better than your best to beat you.

As far as the factors contributing to recruiting, it's not as if Auburn is lagging behind anyone in virtually any category...my point was that this is the kind of thing that will catch a kid's eye, and sometimes that's all that is needed, especially when there are so many advantages to playing on the Plains.

god their is so much I could say........... :whistle:

Less is more some days. It appears swagger is how someone perceived in a positive fashion and cocky is how someone is the perceived negative.

That was productive.

Since the consensus is we have no chance of getting this kid and since this thread has been totally hijacked can it be closed or moved to rivals.

• 2 months later...

So CeCe and Cowart both project as DEs in college, both 5*, and both are very interested in AU when CWM signs later this week?

That would be an epic turn of events concerning DE recruiting if all of that comes to pass!!!

So CeCe and Cowart both project as DEs in college, both 5*, and both are very interested in AU when CWM signs later this week?

That would be an epic turn of events concerning DE recruiting if all of that comes to pass!!!

It sure would be epic...This could happen but we need the first big event to happen first, and that would be to get CWM aboard.

Archived