While we are discussing evil, let us not forget the home grown version....

homersapien

They're not related . Period.

How about being two clear examples of evil? If not, please explain why.

Oh, and since you like to play with numbers, what percent of that crowd do you reckon are self-proclaimed Christians?

Attacking Christianity does not help your case homey. You may want to re-think that...

What? Where did I insult Christianity?

Besides, it's OK to insult Islam but not Christianity? That doesn't seem very fair. But back to the point: You think that's a gang of atheists? Hell, I bet there aren't that many atheists in all of Texas.

So what's your guesstimate on the percent of self-identified Christians? Is Texas considered to be part of the "bible belt"?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No need to go back 1000 years some say just go back to 2003:

Your post makes absolutely no sense, what so ever. You're attempting to conflate Rumsfeld's remark to mean that our use of force against Iraq was in any way based in Christianity ?

:ucrazy:

:homer:

Read what I wrote. I wrote some say. I didnt state that I agree with it but isnt this a forum to discuss all sides? Or do you just want to play love tap between you, the faux moderator and the "I got a buddy in intel" poster?

The 'dude' in the White House forgets that he's President, of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, save for when it gets him kick ass vacations and rides on AF1 to lavish fundraisers.

Compare

They are both brutal acts.

Both acts are committed by misguided people who don't value human lives.

Contrast

One is racism. One is terrorism.

One stemmed from a belief that skin color determined worth. The other stems from political motivation under the guise of religion.

The two acts are similar and different.

Frankly, I don't think it requires that much parsing. But that's just me.

Here's something for the defenders of Obama and the idea that "Christians did bad stuff too " crowd...

Obama refuses to call Militant Islam by its name. CONSTANTLY is telling us that ISIL - ISLAMIC STATE has zero to do with ISLAM.

So then why go out of his way to trash Christianity, SPECIFICALLY, for sins centuries ago, while he ignores what is going on today ?

If it's not Muslims today who are committing atrocities, then why in the hell bring up and blame Christians for events 100's or a 1000 years ago ?

And Obama seems ( shocker ) to have once again forgotten history.

Muslims attacked the West LONG before the Crusades.( See Charles Martel ,and the Battle of Tours)

or the Reconquista and the fall of Granada.

Obama and the Left are intent w/ spinning the narrative here, so as to lay guilt on those who are literally quite guiltless. Blaming the West of today for the sins of those from 100's of years ago, and who were actually DEFENDING themselves from MUSLIMS, in the first place.

Try to get your ODS under control (take a tranquilizer and avoid alcohol) and let's talk about the essay that was posted. It has nothing to do with Obama.

We should shut the country down and split it up. We will never outrun the history some wish to use against the current citizen. Go back farther.....you will find acts of violence, murder, racism.....in just about every ethnic group to ever walk the earth.

Obama talked about the Crusades. Maybe he should talk about the Mongols.

http://www.washingto...ut-the-mongols/

One thing I know about the Mongols is they took no prisoners kill everyone and keep riding to the next place. In there mind prisoners just held them up timewise. Some of the best horsemen while shooting with a bow and arrow. Ruthless is too kind of a word for them

We should shut the country down and split it up. We will never outrun the history some wish to use against the current citizen. Go back farther.....you will find acts of violence, murder, racism.....in just about every ethnic group to ever walk the earth.

I agree with everything but the red part. You'll have to explain that.

One thing I know about the Mongols is they took no prisoners kill everyone and keep riding to the next place. In there mind prisoners just held them up timewise. Some of the best horsemen while shooting with a bow and arrow. Ruthless is too kind of a word for them

That's pretty much true of everyone in the middle ages. I'm currently reading a historical novel about the Vikings raiding and invading England. The Mongols got nuttin' on the Vikings. And these were Europeans! ;)

What do I have to do with the KKK? What do I have to do with the Crusades? What do I have to do with the rise of ISIS? When will I get to finally live in a nation that gets a grip and decides that those days are over and few of us have anything to do with the past? Trying to explain terrorism using this method works great in class....but not in Syria.

The 'dude' in the White House forgets that he's President, of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, save for when it gets him kick ass vacations and rides on AF1 to lavish fundraisers.

How dare that black man ride on AF 1 and go on vacation! >:(

But again, wrong thread.

That's pretty much true of everyone in the middle ages. I'm currently reading a historical novel about the Vikings raiding and invading England. The Mongols got nuttin' on the Vikings. And these were Europeans! ;)

Your wrong numnuts Vikings couldn't ride a horse if they had to. And how did it end with the Vikings invading England not very well I believe.

What do I have to do with the KKK? What do I have to do with the Crusades? What do I have to do with the rise of ISIS? When will I get to finally live in a nation that gets a grip and decides that those days are over and few of us have anything to do with the past? Trying to explain terrorism using this method works great in class....but not in Syria.

Gee, I must have overlooked some posts. I don't recall anyone saying you did.

And I think your confidence that something like that cannot ever happen again in this country is misplaced and naive. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

Compare

They are both brutal acts.

Both acts are committed by misguided people who don't value human lives.

Contrast

One is racism. One is terrorism.

One stemmed from a belief that skin color determined worth. The other stems from political motivation under the guise of religion.

The two acts are similar and different.

Frankly, I don't think it requires that much parsing. But that's just me.

Fair enough.

They're not related . Period.

How about being two clear examples of evil? If not, please explain why.

Oh, and since you like to play with numbers, what percent of that crowd do you reckon are self-proclaimed Christians?

Attacking Christianity does not help your case homey. You may want to re-think that...

Uh, he's not.

Uh, he is.

No, he's not.

Yes, he is. ( Tag. Your it!) :-)

And I think your confidence that something like that cannot ever happen again in this country is misplaced and naive. Ever read "Lord of the Flies"?

Let me get this straight....since people in our country might become terrorists we should accept terrorism everywhere? Not sure what this entire thread, or the article used in it, has to do with ISIS or their evil intent but it looks like another attempt to legitimize their actions in some way. The continued racism reruns by the media and liberals is pretty lame....but it's what they do.

Let me get this straight....since people in our country might become terrorists we should accept terrorism everywhere? Not sure what this entire thread, or the article used in it, has to do with ISIS or their evil intent but it looks like another attempt to legitimize their actions in some way. The continued racism reruns by the media and liberals is pretty lame....but it's what they do.

Well said. I would have made a stronger reply before now but I am very busy helping the GOP destroy the ozone...

How dare that black man ride on AF 1 and go on vacation! >:(

But again, wrong thread.

Hey, someone has to serve the drinks.

But once again, you totally missed the part where I said he's PRESIDENT. It means he should ACT like it, do his damn job, instead of just enjoying the benefits.

It's up to us to keep the mob from stealing the conch and killing Piggy, Homer. :roflol:

It's up to us to keep the mob from stealing the conch and killing Piggy, Homer. :roflol:/>

We just need to be patient.....and HOPE the fire doesn't spread to the forest.

It's up to us to keep the mob from stealing the conch and killing Piggy, Homer. :roflol:

We just need to be patient.....

I don't follow.

Reading your posts, Homer's point is flying right over your head, though.

Well. At least the morons in charge have FINALLY admitted what we all knew about Ft Hood. Those that have suffered so mightily from "work place violence " (idiocy) will now recieve their Purple Hearts for that TERRORISTS act.

You do not see any value in understanding our own history and, using that knowledge as a means of better understanding the behavior of other people? Is history nothing but record keeping? I believe you have misread the reasons as to why this parallel is being drawn. It is not political, or critical, or some sort of justification. It is about understanding. Think about what really caused the KKK to decline.

You do not see any value in understanding our own history and, using that knowledge as a means of better understanding the behavior of other people? Is history nothing but record keeping? I believe you have misread the reasons as to why this parallel is being drawn. It is not political, or critical, or some sort of justification. It is about understanding. Think about what really caused the KKK to decline.

I never said anything about the value of historical record. Your continued stance with me is unbecoming.

Here's something to understand. Trying to draw parallels between the old KKK and ISIS is just another attempt to quantify their reasoning for what they do. But here's another thing to understand....ISIS doesn't give a damn about our history. They want to destroy us and anyone who doesn't submit to their way of life. You can try and understand them all you want, but they could care less. We are their end game.

It's up to us to keep the mob from stealing the conch and killing Piggy, Homer. :roflol:/>

We just need to be patient.....

I don't follow.

Reading your posts, Homer's point is flying right over your head, though.

Once again we have another comment insinuating about someone's ability to comprehend. Let that fly over your head.

Archived